The color red has various religious and symbolic meanings.
The color red is associated with various elements, from blood, fire and rage, to love, passion, and courage. This color is all about extremes and forces that drive us towards our passion.
Red also has a historical significance, Romans, Mayans and Egyptians warriors, usually wore red or colored their body in red to celebrate victory in war. Red color quotes are all about strong emotions and inspiring words. So here is a collection of quotes that have all these elements, from art quotes to quotes about red dresses; this list has it all.
If you like what you read, you could also check out pink quotes and [rose quotes].
Red Sayings And Quotes
A quote about the color red is an infusion of various emotions, and so they are inspiring enough to add strength to your life.
1. "In my mind, I see all of my passionate memories in bright, burning Red."
- Taylor Swift.
2. "There is a shade of red for every woman."
- Audrey Hepburn.
3. "I love bright red drinks, don't you? They taste twice as good as any other color."
- Lucy Maud Montgomery, 'Anne Of Green Gables'.
4. "Red lips are not so red as the stained stones kissed by the English dead."
- Wilfred Owen, 'The Poems Of Wilfred Owen'.
5. "Red blood is just so hard to clean up. You would know I snap remembering Shade. Because no matter how hard you try to hid it I see it all over your hands."
- Victoria Aveyard, 'Red Queen'.
6. "As she always did on any really important day, Penelope Hayes wore red."
- Anna Godbersen, 'The Luxe'.
7. "Red is the ultimate cure for sadness."
- Bill Blass.
8. "Little Red Riding-Hood comes to me one Christmas Eve to give me information of the cruelty and treachery of that dissembling Wolf who ate her grandmother."
- Charles Dickens, 'A Christmas Tree'.
9. "Red goes with everything and red goes with nothing."
- Chloe Thurlow, 'Katie In Love'.
10. "The true color of life is the color of the body, the color of the covered red, the implicit and not explicit red of the living heart and the pulses. It is the modest color of the unpublished blood."
- Alice Meynell, 'The Colour Of Life'.
11. "You are the blood in my veins, and the beating of my heart. You are my first waking thought, and my last sigh before sleeping. You are - you are bone of my bone, and breath of my breath."
- Juliet Marillier, 'Daughter Of The Forest'.
Red Color Quotes
Here are quotes about color and painting, which are all linked with the color red.
12. "Red is the first color of spring. It's the real color of rebirth. Of beginning."
- Ally Condie, 'Matched'.
13. "It takes many, many coats to cover the red. No matter what I do, it seeps right through, like the walls are bleeding."
- Jennifer Niven, 'All The Bright Places'.
14. "Red is the great clarifier bright and revealing. I can't imagine becoming bored with red it would be like becoming bored with the person you love."
- Diana Vreeland.
15. "People abusing their power makes me see red."
- Neil Jackson.
16. "Blood is blood and it's all red. Show me what's in your heart and in your eyes."
- James Frey.
17. "The spirit of arrogance most definitely makes you shine. It paints a bright red target on your own forehead."
- Criss Jami, 'Killosophy'.
18. "I will never know how you see red and you will never know how I see it."
- Anne Carson, 'Autobiography Of Red'.
19. "Red protects itself. No color is as territorial. It stakes a claim, is on the alert against the spectrum."
- Derek Jarman.
20. "Red is such an interesting color to correlate with emotion, because it's on both ends of the spectrum. On one end you have happiness, falling in love, infatuation with someone, passion, all that. On the other end, you've got obsession, jealousy, danger, fear, anger and frustration."
- Taylor Swift.
21. "Red is a strong, happy, optimistic color, and I like having fun with it, you know? Like, when colors clash - I love that strangeness."
- Victoria Beckham.
Wearing Red Quotes
Lady in red quotes, red lipstick quotes, and quotes about red apparel are interesting to read and perfect to caption pictures.
22. "When in doubt, wear red."
- Bill Blass.
23. "Red, of course, is the color of the interior of our bodies. In a way it's inside out, red."
- Anish Kapoor.
24. "I love to wear red lipstick a lot, even in the daytime."
- Heather Morris.
25. "Nothing attracts attention like a red dress."
- Laura Bush.
26. "Red lips like a living, laughing rose."
- Adela Florence Nicolson.
27. "And now she lies flat on her folded arms. Face down, and towards the dust her red mouth leans. And it is full of silence like all red things."
- Brewster Ghisilen.
28. "When I haven't any blue I use red."
- Pablo Picasso.
29. "Designers want me to dress like Spring, in billowing things. I don't feel like Spring. I feel like a warm red Autumn."
- Marilyn Monroe.
Quotes About The Color Red
A red color quote has notes of both affection and aggression, and that makes it quirky and motivating.
30. "Everything utilitarian needs a little red edge."
- Reno Dakota.
31. "You can't go wrong with the use of red; every painting should have red in it."
- George De Groat.
32. "Poverty was an ornament on a learned man like a red ribbon on a white horse."
- Anzia Yezierska, 'Red Ribbon On A White Horse'.
33. "I want a red to be sonorous, to sound like a bell. If it doesn't turn out that way, I add more reds and other colors until I get it."
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir.
34. "Lipstick can glam up a whole look, especially in red."
35. "Painters use red like spice."
- Michael Derek Elworthy.
36. "I love red so much, I almost want to paint everything red."
- Alexander Calder.
37. "How red the rose that is the soldier."
- Wallace Stevens.
38. "She's applying her lipstick; I've always believed that the universe invented the color red solely for Latinas."
- Junot Diaz, 'This Is How You Lose Her'.
39. "The sky inside my head never turns blue. It if forced to stay red. By the demon, who is yellow inside me."
- Akshay Vasu.
40. "Put on your red shoes, and dance the blues."
- David Bowie, 'Let's Dance'.
41. "The man who invented the red carpet needed his head examined."
- Prince Philip.
42. "Now and then it is a joy to have one's table red with wine and roses."
- Oscar Wilde, 'The Letters Of Oscar Wilde'.
43. "A monster, some called her. But in the shadows, only said in whispers, she was an angel in red."
- Emory R. Frie, 'Enchanted Forest'.
44. "An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight... the truly wise person is colorblind."
- Albert Schweitzer.
45. "Not when the baby wash in crimson and squealing like it just depart heaven to come to hell, another place of red."
- Marlon James, 'The Book Of Night Women'.
46. "As soon as I turned the key I saw it hanging, the color of fire and sunset. The color of flamboyant flowers."
- Jean Rhys, 'Wide Sargasso Sea'.
47. "If I could tell you about Red,
I would sing to you of fire
Sweet like cherries,
Burning like cinnamon,
Smelling like a rose in the sun."
- Dixie Dawn Miller Goode, 'Rainbows Around Us'.
48. "Let the colors of your ideas are red so that all can easily notice them! And what is red? Red is scream, red is power, red is assertion!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
49. "That red carpet has to be felt to be believed."
- William H. Macy.
50. "It soon come to pass when red no different from white or blue or black or nothing."
- Marlon James, 'The Book Of Night Women'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for red quotes, then why not take a look at [rainbow quotes], or color quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.