Rock and Roll is a hugely popular genre of music.
Started by the iconic Chuck Berry, this genre saw some huge names of the music industry like Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, David Bowie and others. A Few bands gained huge popularity in this particular genre like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Who, The Rolling Stones and others.
This genre of music started in the United States in the late '40s. A typical rock and roll song follows a typical dance beat and music being a lovely concoction of jazz mixed with blues. Do give a look at these lovely rock and roll quotes and we are sure that you will enjoy it.
Famous Rock And Roll Quotes
Enlisted below are some of the famous rock and roll music quotes, along with funny rock and roll quotes.
1. 'When all is one and one is all, that's what it is
To be a rock and not to roll. '
- Led Zeppelin, 'Stairway To Heaven'.
2. "I'm into rock 'n' roll because rock 'n' roll, to me, means freedom."
- Ozzy Osbourne.
3. 'Rock and roll ain't nothing but jazz with a hard backbeat.'
- Keith Richards, 'Life'.
4. 'I wanted to have the adoration of John Lennon but have the anonymity of Ringo Starr. I didn't want to be a frontman. I just wanted to be back there and still be a rock and roll star at the same time.'
- Kurt Cobain.
5. "Rock and Roll: Music for the neck downwards."
- Keith Richards.
6. "If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'.'"
- John Lennon.
7. "It's got a back beat, you can't lose it
Any old time you use it
It's gotta be rock and roll music
If you wanna dance with me."
- Chuck Berry, 'Rock And Roll Music'.
8. "Good music comes out of people playing together, knowing what they want to do and going for it."
- Keith Richards.
9. "If Music is a place - then Jazz is the city, Folk is the wilderness, Rock is the road, Classical is a temple."
- Vera Nazarian.
10. "Drive away and try to keep smiling. Get a little rock and roll on the radio and go toward life with all the courage you can find and all the belief you can muster. Be true, be brave, stand."
- Stephen King, 'It: A Novel'.
11. "I am the innovator. I am the originator. I am the emancipator. I am the architect of rock 'n' roll!"
- Little Richard.
12. "Rock 'n' roll is a participatory sport. It ain't passive. It ain't TV. Go out there and rock 'n' roll and dance and have fun."
- Steven Van Zandt.
13. "Rock 'n' roll is an attitude, it's not a musical form of a strict sort."
- Lester Bangs.
14. "Rock 'n' roll might not solve your problems, but it does let you dance all over them."
- Pete Townsend.
15. "My my, hey hey
Rock and roll is here to stay
It's better to burn out than to fade away."
- Jeff Blackburn, Neil Young, 'Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)'.
16. "Elvis may be the King of Rock and Roll, but I am the Queen."
- Little Richard.
17. "The music simply drifts away into the stratosphere of formal dialectic, beyond our social concerns."
- Dave Hickey, 'Air Guitar: Essays On Art And Democracy'.
18. "Rock and roll keeps you in a constant state of juvenile delinquency."
- Eddie Spaghetti.
19. "Through Kurt I saw the beauty of minimalism and the importance of music that's stripped down."
- Dave Grohl.
20. "Rock and roll is a nuclear blast of reality in a mundane world where no-one is allowed to be magnificent."
- Kim Fowley.
Best Rock And Roll Sayings
Here you will find some the finest rock and roll quotes along with rock n roll quotes on life.
21. "Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it.'"
- Elvis Presley.
22. "Rock and roll doesn't necessarily mean a band. It's that question of trying to be immortal."
- Malcolm Mclaren.
23. "Give me a mandolin and I'll play you rock 'n' roll."
- Keith Moon.
24. "A lot of people seem to think I started this business. But rock 'n' roll was here a long time before I came along. Nobody can sing that kind of music like colored people. Let's face it: I can't sing like Fats Domino can. I know that."
- Elvis Presley.
25. "We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first, rock 'n' roll or Christianity." - John Lennon.
26. "Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world."
- Peter York.
27. "Rock ’n roll is really swing with a modern name. It began on the levees and plantations, took in folk songs, and features blues and rhythm. It's the rhythm that gets to the kids – they're starved of music they can dance to, after all those years of crooners."
- Alan Freed.
28. "No change in musical style will survive unless it is accompanied by a change in clothing style. Rock is to dress up to."
- Frank Zappa.
29. From this moment on I'd dedicate my life to rock and roll and take as many drugs as possible. What could possibly go wrong?
- Craig Ferguson, 'American On Purpose: The Improbable Adventures Of An Unlikely Patriot'.
30. "Usually, the best thing is when the band goes to the bar and gets the corner table, we sit there like kings, and then they bring people to us. It's just rock 'n' roll. It's stupid, really."
- Andy Summers.
31. "Rock n' roll is poison put to sound."
- Pablo Casals.
32. "Rock'n'roll starts between the legs and goes through the heart, then to the head. As long as it does those three things, it's a great rock song."
- John Mellencamp.
33. "The great thing about rock and roll is that someone like me can be a star."
- Elton John.
34. "If you want to release your aggression, get up and dance. That's what rock and roll is all about."
- Chuck Berry.
35. "Music is my religion."
- Jimi Hendrix.
Quotes On Rock Music
Here are the best rock music quotes along with rock band quotes, rock n roll song quotes.
36. "Rock music was never written for or performed for conservative tastes."
- Frank Zappa.
37. "Art is my God, Music is my religion."
- Otep Shamaya.
38. "Until I realized that rock music was my connection to the rest of the human race, I felt like I was dying, for some reason, and I didn't know why."
- Bruce Springsteen.
39. "Music is the only thing in this world, with the exception of sneezing and looking at the sunset, that takes you to a place that's above the mundane."
- Stephan Jenkins.
40. "Paul Ryan's love for Rage Against The Machine is amusing, because he is the embodiment of the machine that our music has been raging against for two decades"
- Tom Morello.
41. "Led Zeppelin is the greatest. Robert Plant is one of the most original vocalists of our time. As a rock band they deserve the kind of success they're getting."
- Freddie Mercury.
Best Rock N Roll Song Quotes
enlisted below are quotes from the finest rock n roll songs of all times. You will also find quotes of Mike Evans, quotations about music and life and few cool rock n roll quotes.
42. "What'll you do when you get lonely
And nobody's waiting by your side?
You've been running and hiding much too long."
- Eric Clapton, ‘Layla’.
43. "Back at the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
And that's for the people
Who like to go down slow..."
- The Doors, ‘Roadhouse Blues’.
44. "Big wheels keep on turning
Carrying me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the southland."
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, ‘Sweet Home Alabama’.
45. "Singing, I love rock and roll
Put another dime in the jukebox, baby
I love rock and roll
So come and take your time and dance with me."
- Arrows, ‘I Love Rock 'n' Roll’.
46. "Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky."
Deep Purple, ‘Smoke On The Water’.
47. "Girl, you really got me goin'
You got me so I don't know what I'm doin'
Yeah, you really got me now."
- Kinks, ‘You Really Got Me’.
48. "We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers, leave them kids alone."
- Pink Floyd, ‘Another Brick In The Wall - Part II’.
49. "If I could
Baby I'd give you my world
How can I
When you won't take it from me?"
- Fleetwood Mac, 'Go Your Own Way'.
50. "I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under."
- Steppenwolf, ‘Born To be Wild’.
51. "With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us."
- Nirvana, ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’.
52. "There must be some way out of here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief."
- Bob Dylan, ‘All Along The Watchtower’.
53. "Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face
With stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space."
- Led Zeppelin, ‘Kashmir’.
54. "He told me to come but I was already there
Cause the walls start shaking
The earth was quaking
My mind was aching."
- AC/DC, ‘You Shook Me All Night Long’.
55."You get a shiver in the dark
It's raining in the park but meantime
South of the river you stop and you hold everything. "
- Dire Straits, ‘Sultans Of Swings’.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for rock and roll quotes then why not take a look at funny music quotes or [jazz quotes]?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.