Say it louder and boulder for the people behind!
Roll through some of the best rock jokes to fulfill your quota of rock humor here. From funny jokes about rocks, geologists jokes, and geological jokes to mineral jokes and much more, you may see people rolling over with laughter when you tell these jokes!
Let's go through some fun science facts first to learn a few new things about rocks! Rocks are a collection of natural substances created out of solid crystals of different kinds of minerals that turn into a solid lump after fusing. These minerals might have formed at the same time as each other, and natural processes combine them. The main three categories of rocks are igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary. Igneous rocks are mostly found in the Earth's crust and mainly comprise volcanic and molten material. Metamorphic rocks are sedimentary or igneous rocks that experience intense heat and pressure. Sedimentary rocks are formed from eroded fragments of stones and the remains of plants and animals. Geology is the science and study of rocks. Here's to hoping you get the best and perfect jokes on rocks when you see this fun list!
Here are some of the best rock jokes for kids, along with some classic rock jokes for adults. This list has other great jokes like boulder jokes, granite jokes, sedimentary rock puns, gemstone jokes, and even some rock and roll jokes that will get the best of laughs, because geology rocks! If you see and get these jokes, then you can really make geology students laugh.
Funny Rock Jokes
Let's get rolling with these awesome rock jokes that are going to make you admit that geology rocks! You might love these funny pet rock jokes or even the few rockstar jokes! We just hope these are jokes that rock you and make a fun time for you!
1. What do you call it when two carbons are in a relationship? Carbon dating.
2. Why was the boulder emotionless? Because it had a heart of stone.
3. Why was the geologist sad? Because his marriage was on the rocks.
4. What did the young rock say about failing his tests? I don't want to talc about it.
5. Why was the meteor shower that wiped out the dinosaurs necessary for earth? Because it was for the crater good.
6. What do you call a criminal rock? Scum of the earth.
7. Why did the rocks bury themselves under the earth? Because it was their strata-gy to hide!
8. What do you call a rock that bunks school? A skipping stone.
9. What is rock's favorite fruit? A pome-granite.
10. Why were the rock couple breaking up? Because they took each other for granite!
11. Why was the criminal rock acquitted? Because his alibi was rock solid.
12. What do they do with a dead geologist? They barium.
13. Why did the tectonic plates break up? Because there was friction between them.
14. Why was the geologist never hungry? Because he lost his apatite.
15. Why was the geologist considering changing his profession? Because he had hit rock bottom.
16. Why was the geologist puzzled at the comedy show? Because some of the jokes fluorite over his head.
17. What do you call a dubious rock? A shamrock.
18. Why did the rock decide to hit the gym? Because he wanted to be bigger and boulder.
19. Why did the rock choke at his stand up show? Because there was too much pressure.
20. Why did the miner get angry at little things? Because he couldn't keep his coal.
21. Where do rocks sleep? In bedrocks.
22. What did the boy rock do before his geography test? Rosetta stone-d the syllabus.
23. Why did the geologist drown? Because he was below C-level.
24. Why did the rock couple break up? Because they couldn't comet to each other.
25. Which magazine do rocks subscribe to? The Rolling Stone.
26. Why did the rock take spoken English lessons? To help it talk boulder.
27. What do geologists use for hygiene? Geoderant.
28. Why was the geologist tired of his tedious work? Because it was mostly boring.
29. Why was the geologist let go from his job? Because he was an alkalic.
30. Why was the sedimentary rock collection so cheap? Because it was on Shale.
31. What did the geologist girlfriend tell her boyfriend before breaking up? It's not you; it's the fault in our stars.
32. Why was the geologist arrested? Because he got caught for pyrite-ing.
33. What did the rock order at the bar? Soda on the rocks.
34. What did the rock do when it rolled down the road? It rock 'n' rolled.
35. What can't minerals lie? Because they're in their pure form.
36. Why do geologists tell old jokes? Because they dig them out!
37. Why was the geologist confused at the new mineral he discovered? Because its whereabouts weren't crystal clear.
38. Why was the geologist unable to figure out the age of the newly discovered rock? Because they couldn't get an app-rocks-imate reading of the period.
39. What did the smaller volcano say after it saw the larger one erupt? "That's a tuff act to follow."
40. Where do the posh stones live? Rockefeller Street!
41. Why were the rock couple getting a divorce? Because their relationship had eroded!
42. Why was the geologist boring at the party? Because he liked to be stone-cold sober!
43. What happened to the geologist who immersed himself entirely in studies? He went mantle!
44. How does a geologist show their displeasure? They give the coal shoulder.
45. What happened after the geologist finished his work? It was a lode off his shoulders.
Awesome Jokes On Rocks
Delve into these rocks' jokes and you just might find that rock and roll joke that you were looking for and like! There are also some rock cycle jokes that may rock your world.
46. Why was the geologist so stunned at his fame? Because it was a meteoric rise!
47. Why did the two volcanoes face problems in their relationship? Because they were star crossed lavas.
48. Why are igneous rocks hipsters? Because they were magma before it was cool!
49. Why are miners carefree? Because they mine their own business!
50. Why was the gemstone scared for his exams? Because he thought he wasn't going topaz.
51. Why was the limestone arrested? For Basalt and Battery.
52. Why are limestones ignored? Because they're too chalkative for their liking.
53. What did the miner say when he was asked to take over his friend's shift? "Don't quarry I've got this!"
54. Why don't the giant limestones like the smaller ones? Because they don't like small chalk.
55. What happened to the rock after continuous hours of interrogation? It finally cracked!
56. Why were the limestones inseparable? Because they were a tufa one deal!
57. Why was the boulder unbothered by its broken piece? Because it was just a fragment of his existence!
58. What do you call a rock that complains? A whin-estone!
59. Why was the beach sad? Because it had been shingle all its life.
60. Why was the rock hesitant to start his work? Because he was stuck in corundum!
61. What happens when you throw a stone at a phone? It gets bricked!
62. What did the geologist tell his apprentice? "Either don't do it or diorite!"
63. What do geologists use to clean themselves? Soapstone.
64. Why was the coal's alibi suspicious? Because it wasn't crystal clear.
65. Why was the brick so arrogant? Because it was the cornerstone of a large building!
66. Why was the rock unprogressive? Because it was stuck in the Stonehenge!
67. Where do you take an injured rock? To the Rocktor!
68. Why did the rock have seizures on seeing the light show? Because it was epilithic.
69. What is a geologist's favorite breakfast? Granola-r.
70. Why was the geologist's dietician worried about him? Because he looked stony!
71. Why was the rock not quick to jump to a conclusion? Because it was a bit pegmatite!
72. What do you call an unpleasant pebble? A rude-ite.
73. Why was the geologist displeased with his birthday gift? Because all he got was a lousy chert!
74. Why was the limestone sad? Because dissolving was a karst!
75. Why did the geologist turn on the TV? Because he wanted to see the feld-spar against each other.
76. What happened to sediments that were blown away by the air? It turned out to be a colossal loess for a lot of people.
77. Why did the geologist quit his job? Because he wanted to start on a clean slate.
78. What did the doctor prescribe to the sick geologist? Tech-tonic.
79. Why was the geologist disgusted by the coarse sand fragments? Because he found them to be grus!
80. Why was the geologist agitated? Because he had lost his marbles!
81. What would Lewis Carroll's story be called if it was set in Prehistoric times? It would be best if it was called 'Alice in Gondwana-daland'.
82. Where do chefs keep their ingredients for continental food while preparing them for people? On the Continental Shelf.
83. Why was the ground concerned after the earthquake? Because it became the epi-center of attention!
84. How do you get a geologist girlfriend? You best esker out!
85. Why did the geologist not go out at night? Because he wanted to wait tillite!
86. My geologist friend had some great news for us, which he just couldn't wait to talus!
87. Why did the Ggologist binge-watch Lost? Because he loved the Island Arc.
88. Why was the geologist's salary on hold? His employer would, in the best case, increase it granitoid he passed them valuable information.
89. What does a geologist who works as a part-time musician play? A drum-lin!
90. What do baby rock wear? Diapirs.
Knock Knock Jokes
Knock, knock, who's there? More. More who? More jokes on geology, rocks, and stones for you that will make everyone see the hidden geologist in you because you have rocks in your veins! If you get these jokes, you may see that these are really amazing jokes that will rock you.
91. Knock, knock.
Pass the basalt, please!
92. Knock, knock.
Cirque and you will find it!
93. Knock, knock.
Gneiss to meet you!
94. Knock, knock.
Shale, we dance?!
95. Knock, knock.
Coal as a cucumber!
96. Knock, knock!
Trick ore treat!
97. Knock, knock.
Quarry not, I am here!
98. Knock, knock.
Geode bless you!
99. Knock, knock.
Ferrous wheels are super fun!
100. Knock, knock.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly jokes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 100 Best Rock Jokes To Boulder You Over!, then why not take a look at Geology Puns or Mountain Puns.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.