Rorschach was created by writer Alan Moore with artist Dave Gibbons.
Rorschach is a fictional character and an anti-hero in the acclaimed 1986 graphic novel miniseries 'Watchmen', published by DC Comics. It was adapted into a film with the same name in 2009.
Rorschach is the vigilante who continues to operate in defiance of the Keene Act, the rest having retired or become government operatives. He investigates the murder of a man named Edward Blake, discovering that he is the Comedian. He believes that someone is picking off costumed superheroes; A view that strengthens when Doctor Manhattan is forced into exile and when Adrian Veidt, the former vigilante known as Ozymandias, is involved in a targeted assassination attempt.
Rorschach believes in moral-good and devil as pure ends, with no gray shades, which compels him to seek to punish any evidence of evil at all costs. His mask displays a constantly morphing inkblot based on the ambiguous designs used in Rorschach's inkblot, with the mask's black and white coloring consistent with his sense and view of morality. This is also how he received his name.
Rorschach was positively received with multiple references in other comic titles and appearances in other media. He reappears in the 'Before Watchmen' comic book prequel, with his own miniseries. Jackie Earle Haley portrays Rorschach in the 2009 film adaptation directed by Zack Snyder and also voices him in the video games series.
Best Rorschach 'Watchmen' Quotes
You will find some amazing Rorschach 'Watchmen' quotes in this list that you will enjoy reading.
1. "We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take the breath away. As if new, it may still take our breath away. Come... dry your eyes."
2. "Yes. Anybody in the world. ..But the world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget... I forget."
3. "If God saw what any of us did that night he didn't seem to mind. From then on I knew... God doesn't make the world this way. We do."
4. "I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says: 'Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up.' Man bursts into tears, says 'But doctor... I am Pagliacci.' Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains."
5. "The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown."
6. "Edward Blake: So now Moloch's back in town and you got your knickers all in a twist... you really think it matters if you catch him?
Rorschach: Justice matters!
Edward Blake: Justice? Justice is coming to all of us, no matter what we do. You know, mankind's been trying to kill each other off since the beginning of time. Now, we finally have the power to finish the job. Ain't nothing gonna matter once those nukes start flying; we'll all be dust. And Ozymandias here will be the smartest man on the cinder."
A Few Great 'Watchmen' Rorschach Quotes
Here is a collection of some great Rorschach quotes for all 'Watchmen' fans, both casual and avid graphic novel readers.
7. "Rorschach: Of course, you must protect Veidt's new Utopia. One more body amongst foundations makes little difference. Well, what are you waiting for? Do it...
Rorschach: DO IT!
Dan Dreiberg: NOOOOOOOO!"
8. "Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves; go into oblivion. There is nothing else. Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces."
9. "Dan Dreiberg: [examining stained Comedian badge] Is that bean juice?
Rorschach: Badge belonged to The Comedian. Blood too. He's dead.
Dan Dreiberg: Let's talk downstairs."
10. "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
- Alan Moore, 'Watchmen.'
11. "Politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and I'll look down and whisper 'No.'"
12. "Dan Dreiberg: Maybe this was a political killing?
Rorschach: Maybe. Or maybe someone's picking off costumed heroes.
Dan Dreiberg: Um. Don't you think that's maybe a little paranoid?
Rorschach: That's what they're saying about me now? That I'm paranoid?"
13. "Not in penthouse. Not in office. What nocturnal proclivities entice the man with everything out into the night at this hour?"
- Rorschach, 'Watchmen'.
14. "Edgar Jacobi: I have cancer.
Rorschach: What kind of cancer?
Edgar Jacobi: Well, you know the kind you eventually get better from?
Edgar Jacobi: Well, that ain't the kind I got."
15. "There is no future. There is no past. Do you see? Time is simultaneous, an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole design is visible in every facet."
- Alan Moore, 'Watchmen.'
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Best Rorschach Quotes That All 'Watchmen' Fans Will Love, then why not take a look at Superhero Quotes, or Batman Quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.