Christmas is one of the happiest festivals in the world, and Santa Claus is, without doubt, the most significant part of the charm.
Santa Claus is known by many other names like Kris Kringle, Father Christmas, Saint Nicholas, St. Nick, Kris Kringle, Pelznickel, and more. Santa is a character who originated in early Christian culture.
It is believed that Santa Claus brings gifts to everyone on Christmas Eve along with candies and toys. He has a sleigh and his famous reindeer that pull the sleigh all across the world to deliver presents.
Children believe in Santa Claus, and many adults do too. After all, he's the man that delivers gifts to the good kids. So let's make sure to stay off the naughty list and read a few good old Santa quotes. You can also read our [Secret Santa quotes] or Christmas Movie quotes if you like these.
Best Santa Claus Quotes
Here, we have collected all quotes from the bright-red jolly Santa who always makes every child happy. Take a look at these Santa Claus quotes for children.
1. "Believe in love. Believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Claus. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams. If you don't, who will?"
- Jon Bon Jovi.
2. "Be someone's Santa; give ‘Fanta’!"
- Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
3. "God put Santa Claus on earth to remind us that Christmas is ‘sposed to be a happy time."
- Bil Keane.
4. "You better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout, I’m telling you why—Santa Claus is coming to town."
- Haven Gillespie, 'Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town'.
5. "Let's be naughty and save Santa the trip."
- Gary Allan.
6. "Once a kid discovers Santa isn't real, reminding her how much she used to love Santa isn't going to make her believe again."
- Lianne Oelke.
7. "Next to a circus there ain’t nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit."
- Frank McKinney Hubbard.
8. "I believe in a lot of things. Santa Claus, magic, vampires, and even ghosts but I don't believe in luck. Good or bad."
- Hillary DePiano, 'New Year's Thieve.'
9. "Santa Claus has the right idea – visit people only once a year."
- Victor Borge.
10. "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."
- Charles Dickens.
11. "You know you’re getting old when Santa starts looking younger."
- Robert Paul.
12. "I was staring at one of the most famous images of Santa Claus of all time — one by Thomas Nast, from Harper’s Weekly, 1881."
- Phillip Andrew Bennett Low.
13. "Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see."
- The Conductor, 'The Polar Express.'
14. "So I've started wearing sweatpants to bed because I really don't need Santa seeing me in my underwear."
- Jeff Kinney, 'Cabin Fever.'
15. "Santy Claus, why, why are you taking our Christmas tree? WHY?"
- Cindy Lou, 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas.'
16. "A good holiday is one spent among people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours."
- John B. Priestly.
17. "SANTA! Oh my God! Santa, here?! I know him! I know him!"
- Buddy the Elf, 'Elf.'
18. "The magi, as you know, were wise men — wonderfully wise men who brought gifts to the Babe in the manger. They invented the art of giving Christmas presents."
- O. Henry.
19. "I left Santa gluten-free cookies and organic soy milk and he put a solar panel in my stocking."
20. "History is like Santa Claus: a language construction. We have some registers about the existence of Santa and history - the presents under the tree, the archives - but none have really seen them."
- Alvaro Enrigue.
21. "Christmas: the only time of year you can sit in front of a dead tree eating candy out of socks."
22. "He continues to smile expectantly. I take a step back. I don't want to catch whatever he has. He is a disturbing out-of-uniform Santa."
- Augusten Burroughs.
23. "Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas."
- Peg Bracken.
24. "All the world is happy when Santa Claus comes."
- Maud Lindsey.
25. "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree."
- Roy L. Smith.
26. "Nonsense, this is my home and I must defend it. It’s time for Santa to get serious."
- Michael Diack, 'The Super Spud Trilogy.'
27. "Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall."
- Larry Wilde.
28. "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there."
- Clement Clarke Moore.
29. "I see Santa Claus and Joseph Smith and Luke Skywalker as the same person."
- Trey Parker.
30. "Kids believe in Santa; adults believe in childhood."
- Cate Kennedy, 'Dark Roots.'
Santa Claus Quotes For Adults
Here, you will find Santa Claus quotes that will make children smile and family happy.
31. "Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance."
- Oren Arnold.
32. "Be careful with drinking this Christmas. I got so drunk last night I found myself dancing in a cheesy bar… or, as you like to call it, delicatessen."
- Sean Hughes.
33. "They err who think Santa Claus enters through the chimney. He enters through the heart."
- Paul M. Ell.
34. "Do give books - religious or otherwise - for Christmas. They’re never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal."
- Lenore Hershey.
35. "There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus."
- Bob Phillips.
36. "A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together."
- Garrison Keillor.
37. "Everybody has the idea of Santa in their head and in their heart."
- Mick Foley.
38. "Santa is the most popular hoax of the age."
-Martin F. Clough.
39. "Alas! How dreary would be the world if there was no Santa Claus! There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence."
- Francis P. Church.
40. "Did you ever notice that life seems to follow certain patterns? Like I noticed that every year around this time, I hear Christmas music."
- Tom Sims.
41. "Once you stop believing in Santa Claus, the whole world just goes downhill."
- Tom Clancy.
42. "So Santa Claus is bogus but Grim Reapers are the genuine article? What does that say about the world?"
- Mindee Arnett, 'The Nightmare Charade.'
43. "Here's what we know about Santa. He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good. I think he's with the NSA."
- David Letterman.
44. "Be sure to lie to your kids about the benevolent, all-seeing Santa Claus. It will prepare them for an adulthood of believing in God."
- Scott Dikkers.
45. "For months I yearned to see Santa again, mooning for him like a lost love."
- Alden Perkes, 'The Santa Claus Book.'
46. "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus."
- Francis P. Church.
47. "Nothing’s as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas."
- Kin Hubbard.
48. "The real Santa Claus is at the mall."
- Lemony Snicket.
49. "Like kids who only ever get socks for Christmas, but still believe with all their hearts in Santa."
- Barbara Kingsolver, 'The Poisonwood Bible.'
50. "The worst gift I have ever gotten on Christmas is going to see Tim Allen in 'The Santa Clause.'"
- John Gourley.
51. "Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies!"
- Francis P. Church.
52. "The greatest thing is not to believe in Santa Claus; it is to be Santa Claus."
- Pat Boone.
53. "I don't believe in right or left; I don't believe in Santa or Satan. I believe in things I can touch - like vodka and Oreos."
- Christopher Titus.
54. "Nobody shoots at Santa Claus."
- Samuel Butler.
55. "Democracy is only a dream: it should be put in the same category as Arcadia, Santa Claus, and Heaven."
- H. L. Mencken.
Funny Santa Claus Quotes
In this category, we have Santa Claus quotes that are funny and will make mother, children, or family laugh.
56. "Beware! Santa Claus is a fake profile."
- Ljupka Cvetanova, 'The New Land.'
57. "My husband’s idea of getting the Christmas spirit is to become Scrooge."
- Melanie White.
58. "If you ever have to steal money from your kid, and later on he discovers it's gone, I think a good thing to do is to blame it on Santa Claus."
- Jack Handy.
59. "God is Santa Claus for Grown-Ups.”
- Oliver Markus, 'Oliver's Strange Journey: Collector's Edition.'
60. "Who’s the bane of Santa’s life? The elf and safety officer."
- Catherine Tate.
61. "Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas."
- Stephen Graham Jones.
62. "I'm the only one who still believes in Santa Claus!"
- Edith Piaf.
63. "The name is Bond… Santa Bond. I’ll have an eggnog. Shaken, not stirred."
- Michael Scott, 'The Office.'
64. "If you go to a restaurant with Tom Cruise, it's like walking in with Santa Claus. Everybody is in a better mood because he's there."
- Doug Liman.
65. "Everything that you want Santa to be, he is."
- Mick Foley.
66. "It all began when Santa’s helpers demanded Universal Elf Care."
- J.S. Mason, 'The Ghost Therapist...And Other Grand Delights.'
67. "Smile like your name tops Santa's naughty list."
- Toni Sorenson.
68. "I get a little behind during Lent, but it comes out even at Christmas."
- Frank Butler.
69. "A good many things go around in the dark besides Santa Claus."
- Herbert Hoover.
70. "I use to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and Tom Cruise too."
- Barbara Bretton.
71. "What about Santa’s cookies? I suppose parents eat those, too?"
- Buddy the Elf, 'Elf.'
72. "Some of us still believe there is a Santa Claus...somewhere."
- Will Leamon.
73. "The reality of loving God is loving him like he's a Superhero who actually saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff."
- Criss Jami.
74. "Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered."
- Phyllis Diller.
75. "Just because you can’t see something, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist."
- Charlie Calvin, 'The Santa Clause.'
76. "I knew it was time to shave the beard off and start an exercise regimen when I was asked to play Santa at the Christmas party this year!"
- James Hauenstein.
77. "What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day."
- Phyllis Diller.
78. "Dear Santa, Before I explain, how much do you know already?"
The Essential Santa Claus Quotes
Dear Santa brings all the happiness and gifts and these quotes will bring you more. Here's a list of essential Santa quotes for you.
79. "Aren’t we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa?"
- Matt Groening.
80. "From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other."
- Emily Matthews.
81. "This holiday season, no matter what your religion is, please take a moment to reflect on why it’s better than all the other ones."
- Guy Endore Kaiser.
82. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."
- Will Ferrell, 'Elf'.
83. "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph."
- Shirley Temple.
84. "A man’s ability to give is dwarfed by his ability to take. Those who profit by fulfilling man’s need to take by giving will be the most powerful on earth."
- Volker G. Fremuth, 'The Workshop.'
85. "He could not believe how lucky she was to have an ornament from Santa's own tree."
- James Barbato, 'The Magic Christmas Ornament.'
86. "This is a gift especially for you, I’m your secret Santa, bet you can’t guess who. Accept this gift with a smile on your face, And expect another one soon In its place."
87. "Santa Claus is anyone who loves another and seeks to make them happy; who gives himself by thought or word or deed in every gift that he bestows."
- Edwin Osgood Grover.
88. "An ounce of goodness every day, can soothe the heart in many ways; An ounce of goodness 'just because', don't wait until Christmas to be Santa Claus."
- Charmaine J. Forde
89. "The Santa Claus principle liquidates itself."
- Ludwig Von Mises.
90. "Whenever you give someone a present or sing a holiday song, you're helping Santa Claus. To me, that's what Christmas is all about. Helping Santa Claus!"
91. "A wiffin’, sniffin’ gift, especially for you. It’s from Secret Santa, Bet you can’t guess who!"
92. "Grown-ups don't believe in Santa Claus. They vote."
- Pierre Desproges.
93. "I still believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and true love. Don't even try to tell me different."
- Dolly Parton.
94. "Christmas Prayer: Guardian angel pure and bright, please lead Santa here tonight."
95. "Maybe Santa Claus is real. Here's the problem: reality."
- David Remnick.
96. "Christmas isn’t about candy canes or lights all aglow, it’s the hearts that we touch, and the care that we show."
- 'Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas.'
97. "No sane local official who has hung up an empty stocking over the municipal fireplace, is going to shoot Santa Claus just before a hard Christmas."
- Al Smith.
98. "How can you give Kris Kringle a parking ticket on Christmas Eve? What’s next, rabies shots for the Easter Bunny?"
- Ken Hudson Campbell, 'Home Alone'.
99. "It’s not a house, a car, or a boat. It’s a Secret Santa gift with a silly little not."
100. "I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighborhood after dark."
- Dick Gregory.
101. "Of course there is a Santa Claus. It’s just that no single somebody could do all he has to do. So the Lord has spread the task among us all. That’s why everybody is Santa Claus. I am. You are."
- Truman Capote.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Santa quotes, then why not take a look at [Seasons Greeting quotes], or Easter Bible quotes?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.