Are you ready to enjoy a rather interesting form of humor?
A skilled satirist is an experienced writer who uses satirical tones throughout their work and quotes without offending readers too much. Satire is found in these quotes, all crafted to mock or criticize people in a humorous and witty way, and this touch of humor in quotes makes them fun to read.
Satirists like to criticize people humorously so that it will make for an enlightening read. Some famous satirists who have brought amusement to people's lives with their satirist quotes are Jonathan Swift, Ambrose Bierce, Stephen Colbert, Juvenal, Samuel Butler, Chris Morris, William Hogarth, Lucian, and Rick Mercer, among many others.
If you are a fan of satire quotes and would love to read more, then you must also look at our [satire quotes] and ironic quotes for more.
Satire Quotes On Life
Here are some satire quotes which are based upon life.
1. "He had the look of one who had drunk the cup of life and found a dead beetle at the bottom."
2. "When asked, 'Why do you always wear black?', he said, 'I am mourning for my life.'"
3. "You cannot be truly humble unless you truly believe that life can and will go on without you."
Satire Quotes On Man
Here are some satire quotes which have been said to criticize man in a humorous way.
4. "The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."
5. "Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is."
6. "A sense of humour is the only divine quality of man."
Satirist Quotes On Relationships And People
Here are some satire quotes which are written about the people around you.
7. "I love mankind... it's people I can't stand!"
-Charles M. Schulz.
8. "Some people talk about other people’s failures with so much pleasure that you would swear they are talking about their own successes."
9. "There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns... and clowns."
-D. J. MacHale.
10. "He had just about enough intelligence to open his mouth when he wanted to eat, but certainly no more."
Satire Quotes About Books
Here is the list of some satire quotes have been crafted considering books.
11. "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
12. "Be careful about reading health books. Some fine day you'll die of a misprint."
13. "There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it."
14. "If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?"
Satire Quotes On Society
Here you will find some satire quotes that are based on society and the general public.
15. "Good humor may be said to be one of the very best articles of dress one can wear in society."
-William Makepeace Thackeray.
16. "They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same."
17. "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
-Robert E. Howard.
Satirist Contemporary Religion Quotes
Here are good examples of writers using satirical tones about spirituality and religion.
18. "I talk to God but the sky is empty."
19. "If there is a God, atheism must seem to him as less of an insult than religion."
-Edmond De Goncourt.
20. "They told me to use the brain God gave me. I did. Now I’m an Atheist. Ironic, isn’t it?"
Satire Quotes On Peace
Here are some satires that are all about peace for the public.
21. "Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves."
22. "Peace, like charity, begins at home."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Satire Quotes From Some Famous Writers
Here is the list of some good satires that one can enjoy reading in his or her free time.
23. "A father has to be a provider, a teacher, a role model, but most importantly, a distant authority figure who can never be pleased. Otherwise, how will children ever understand the concept of God?"
24. "Here's an easy way to figure out if you're in a cult: If you're wondering whether you're in a cult, the answer is yes."
- Stephen Colbert.
25. "The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
26. "I was trying to have an insight, and all I could think of was that I'd backed myself into a corner, and the corner was me."
- John Welter.
27. "Nothing is as irritating to a shy man as a confident girl."
28. "But that's men all over... Poor dears, they can't help it. They haven't got logical minds."
-Dorothy L. Sayers.
31. "You'll have to leave my meals on a tray outside the door because I'll be working pretty late on the secret of making myself invisible, which may take me almost until eleven o'clock."
- S.J. Perelman.
32. "Tides are like politics. They come and go with a great deal of fuss and noise, but inevitably they leave the beach just as they found it. On those few occasions when major change does occur, it is rarely a good news."
- Jack McDevitt.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 30+ of the best satirist quotes from the world's wittiest writers, then why not take a look at these [sarcastic quotes], or [comedian quotes] for more?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.