Saturday, the day of the week between Friday and Sunday.
Saturday gets its name from Roman words Sāturni diēs meaning Saturn’s day. It was believed that Saturn (Roman God) controlled the first hour of this day.
In most countries, Saturday is a weekend day. Students and most workers consider it as a mini-vacation from their long hard week. It is important for people to unwind and recharge at the end of the week as to minimize the 'burn-out' syndrome. It is also important to maintain work-life balance philosophy which have proven to be essential for the success of a company or industry. Most people make plans to spend Saturdays with their family and friends or engage in various errands and tasks outside of their usual work circle. As such most entertainment events for people are organized on Saturdays and Sundays. You could check out inspirational Saturday quotes and good Saturday morning quotes.
For more related content take a look at [saturday quotes] and [saturday morning quotes].
Quotes About Saturday
Some of the best quotes and sayings about Saturdays that will give you inspiration!
1. “There was nothing like a Saturday – unless it was the Saturday leading up to the last week of school and into summer vacation.”
— Nora Roberts.
2. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.”
— Frank Lloyd Wright.
3. “Love me like Saturday night, like three glasses of champagne, like the room is spinning, like you're drunk on my love.”
― C.J. Carlyon.
4. “Saturday is what gives us a weekend of enjoyment.”
— Anthony T. Hincks.
5. “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.”
— Audrey Hepburn.
6. “When I was a kid, they were really important to me. I couldn’t wait for Saturday night.”
— Emil Ferris.
7. “I wish that every day was Saturday.”
― Charmaine J. Forde.
8. “My Saturday morning attitude is a reflection of the rest of the week gone by.”
— Byron Pulsifer.
9. “Happy Saturday! When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength.”
10. “Spirituality is the sacred center out of which all life comes, including Mondays and Tuesdays and rainy Saturday afternoons in all their mundane and glorious detail.”
— Christina Baldwin.
11. “I’ve taken Saturdays to be the day I pull back completely.”
— Padmasree Warrior.
12. “It is the kind of Saturday night that torches your life for a few hours, makes it seem like something is happening.”
― Annie Proulx, ‘Close Range: Wyoming Stories’.
13. “Without Saturday, Sunday would just be another day of the week.”
― Anthony T. Hincks.
14. “My work is like my vacation, so in a way every day is like Saturday.”
15. “I want to be known for the work I’ve done, as opposed to where I go on Saturday nights.”
― Amanda Bynes.
16. “I would work Monday through Saturday noon. I’d go to town on Saturday afternoons, sit on the street corner, and I’d sing and play.”
― B. B. King.
17. “There are so many fun charity festivals in the Hamptons. We also go to Super Saturday. We do things that are fun for kids and good for charity.”
18. “How pleasant is Saturday night, when I’ve tried all the week to be good, and not spoke a word that was bad, and obliged everyone that I could.”
― Nancy Sproat.
19. “It’s hard to nap on Saturday or the weekends.”
― Scott Eastwood.
20. “Your religion is not what you do on Sunday. It is how you live Monday through Saturday.”
— Shannon L. Alder.
21. “The word ‘Saturday’ has the word ‘sat’ in it. Make sure you take the time this day to sit and relax.”
― Catherine Pulsifer.
22. “Saturday makes my day complete.”
― Anthony T. Hincks.
23. “I like Saturdays. They are my best thinking days.”
― Jack Gantos.
24. “I was merely cursing, under my breath, God and man, under my breath, and the wet Saturday afternoon of my conception.”
— Samuel Beckett, ‘All That Fall’.
25. “Saturday night when you have a few shillings in your pocket is the most delicious night of the week.”
— Frank McCourt, ‘Angela’s Ashes’.
26. “A good mystery keeps you up on Saturday night. A bad mystery puts you to sleep on Sunday afternoon.”
— Elizabeth Jane Howard.
27. “Saturday is for fears and secrets and confessions and remembrances.”
— Hanya Yanagihara, ‘A Little Life’.
28. “The Saturday Morning Test asks you to lean in to your natural passion to enrich your work and personal lives.”
— Neil Pasricha.
29. “Your body tells you what it needs, and if you sleep past your alarm on a Saturday morning, it’s probably because you need the sleep.”
— Sophia Bush.
30. “I told myself that I was going to live the rest of my life as if it were Saturday.”
― Chip Gaines, ‘The Magnolia Story’.
31. “Saturday is a day for the spa. Relax, indulge, enjoy, and love yourself, too.”
32. “Monday through Saturday were marked by solitude but on Sundays that solitude hardened into something else.”
— Chloe Aridjis, ‘Book Of Clouds’.
33. “Your Monday is not going to be like Saturday; the emotions are going to be different.”
— Jean Grae.
34. “Schoolteachers are not fully appreciated by parents until it rains all day Saturday.”
— Charles E. McKenzie.
35. “Lately, it feels like my whole life has a similar feeling to when you check the clock on a Saturday and realize it’s already half-past four.”
— Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Motivational Quotes For Saturday
Motivational quotes about Saturday that will refresh you like nothing else! If on a weekend you feel down and low, these quotes are bound to lift your spirits up. Find your perfect Saturday inspirational quote right here!
36. “You can overcome anything if you don’t bellyache.”
— Bernard M. Baruch.
37. “Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.”
― Colin Powell.
38. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
― Stephen Covey.
39. “I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work the more luck I have.”
— Coleman Cox.
40. “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.”
— Frank Lloyd Wright
41. “Life is a wretched gray Saturday, but it has to be lived through.”
— Anthony Burgess.
42. “The two most important days in your life are the day you’re born and the day you find out why.”
— Mark Twain.
43. “It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you often get it.”
— W. Somerset Maugham.
44. “No matter whatever kind of business you plan to pursue, nothing can be a substitute to hard work and good time management.”
— Edward Eddington.
45. “Take a few minutes in the quiet of a Saturday afternoon to think about how you can make your work environment more amenable to conduct your tasks or projects more effectively.”
— Byron Pulsifer.
46. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”
― Napoleon Hill.
47. “I think by Saturday night you will find that all play and no work is as bad as all work and no play.”
— Louisa May Alcott, ‘Little Women’.
48. “It is foolish to think you can sow your wild oats on Saturday and pray for crop failure on Sunday.”
— Art E. Berg.
49. “Imagine living a life where every day are your Saturdays and Sundays.”
— James A. Murphy.
50. “In your mind, change the name of every day to Saturday. And change the name of work to play.”
— Matt Haig, ‘The Humans’.
51. “If you went through life refusing all the bait dangled in front of you, that would be no life at all.”
— Alan Sillitoe.
Lazy Saturday Quotes
Sit back, relax and chill out with these great lazy quotes and sayings about Saturday!
52. “Weekends are sacred for me. They’re the perfect time to relax and spend time with family and friends.”
— Marcus Samuelsson.
53. “Oh my sweet Saturday, I have been waiting for you for six long days.”
— Charmaine J Forde.
54. “Love Saturday nights with my best friend and a big bowl of pasta, wanting a good scare, something that will say, ‘Listen, your life is not as bad as this. Your life can be so much worse’.”
— Vera Farmiga.
55. “There is nothing more I love more than being in a throw-down on a Saturday night.”
— Donald Cerrone.
56. “On a lazy Saturday morning when you’re lying in bed, drifting in and out of sleep, there is a space where fantasy and reality become one.”
— Lynn Johnston.
57. “I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, getting into my car with my girls, driving to the supermarket, squeezing the fruit, getting my car washed, taking walks.”
— Barack Obama.
58. “My favorite way to spend Saturday is in and out of bed, watching sports on TV and eating.”
— Alan King.
59. “I think Saturday may be Latin for "stay in pajamas til noon then eventually motivate yourself to shower and get ready for bed that night.'”
— Bart Millard.
60. “It is not mysterious to be home on a Saturday night, reading a novel in a pile of smelly golden retrievers.”
— E. Lockhart, ‘We Were Liars’.
61. “I am always happy to meet my friend, and my friend is my weekend.”
― Debasish Mridha.
62. “What can be better than to get out a book on Saturday afternoon and thrust all mundane considerations away till next week.”
— C. S. Lewis.
63. “When people strive for work/life balance, they end up blending them. That’s how you end up checking email all day Saturday.”
— Tim Ferriss.
64. “I didn’t grow up thinking of movies as film, or art, but as movies, something to do on a Saturday afternoon.”
— Sydney Pollack.
Best Weekend Quotes
Great inspirational quotes about the weekends!
65. “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.”
— Bill Watterson.
66. “Without the weekend, where would the week be?”
— Anthony T. Hincks.
67. “Hands up if you’re ready to do something you’ll regret this weekend. Go forth! You have my blessing.”
— Florence Welch.
68. “If you had to work 14 hour days, Mondays to Fridays, then you have to keep Saturdays and Sundays sacred.”
— Nicole Ari Parker.
69. “The weekends are too short for sleep!”
— Bryant A. Loney.
70. “Always strive to excel, but only on weekends.”
— Richard Rorty.
71. “Weekends are about replenishment and rejuvenation.”
— Neil Morrissey.
72. “When you are unemployed, weekends are seven days long.”
— Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
73. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it's even begun.”
— Catherine McCormack.
74. “Cozy plus smell of pancakes minus alarm clock is equal to a weekend.”
― Amy Krouse Rosenthal.
75. “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.”
— Zoe Saldana.
76. “You know what I want to do? Wake up one weekend and not have to go anywhere and do nothing.”
— Derek Jeter.
77. “Spend some time this weekend on home improvement; improve your attitude toward your family.”
— Bo Bennett.
78. “The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still.”
— Jean Rhys.
79. “No weekend, all weakened.”
― Toba Beta, ‘Master of Stupidity’.
80. “It's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.”
— Jimmy Buffett.
81. “Yes, ever since antiquity, the day after Friday has been Saturday.”
— Mizuki Nomura.
82. “We need the spirit of Sunday carried over to Monday and continued until Saturday.”
— Edward McKendree Bounds.
83. “Faith isn’t just Good Friday and Easter Sunday; faith is awkward Saturday too.”
— A.J. Swoboda.
84. “It shouldn't make any difference, but Friday and Saturday nights are the worst. They're the worst because the loneliness is magnified.”
— Joey Goebel, ‘Torture The Artist’.
85. “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?”
— Marilyn Vos Savant.
Funny Quotes About Weekends
These funny weekend quotes are sure to get a laugh or two out of you!
86. “Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you.”
— Ogden Nash.
87. “The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend.”
— Chuck Palahniuk.
88. “People on Saturday afternoons they deserve something to go and shout about.”
— Rodney Marsh.
89. “If birthdays fell from the sky like Saturdays shaped like saxophones, I’d learn how to play the flute on Tuesdays.”
— Jarod Kintz, ‘This Book Title is Invisible’.
90. “On the Sixth Day, God created man, the sort of result you often get when you go in to work on a Saturday.”
— Robert Brault.
91. “Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.”
— John Shirley.
92. “Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath.”
— Lyndon B. Johnson.
93. “Fridays are the hardest in some ways: you’re so close to freedom.”
— Lauren Oliver.
94. “Saturday is the mightiest day of the week. It's unshakably, overwhelmingly superior.”
― Wataru Watari.
95. “You need Saturday to recover and Sunday to repent.”
— Angie Thomas, ‘The Hate U Give’.
96. “When I'm writing a book, I write Monday through Friday. I always try to take Saturday and pretend to have some sanity.”
— Maya Angelou.
97. “I love Saturday morning cartoons. What do you like to do on a Saturday morning?”
— Wayne Brady.
98. “Sometimes you want to have a very productive Saturday to feel that you are in control of your life, which of course you are not.”
— Tina Fey, ‘Bossypants’.
99. “Music is what mathematics does on a Saturday night.”
— Aaron Sorkin.
100. “The cool thing about unemployment is every day is Saturday.”
— Jarod Kintz, ‘This Book Has No Title’.
101. “Saturday is Flea Market Day, holiest of days.”
— Kate Ellison, ‘The Butterfly Clues’.
102. “Between Monday and Saturday men make an audience. On Sunday, they make a congregation.”
— Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
103. “Saturday night is perfect for writers because other people have ‘plans’.”
— Mike Birbiglia.
104. “When you retire, every day is Saturday except Sunday.”
— J.B. Bonds.
105. “Better days are coming! They're called Saturday and Sunday.”
— Karen Salmansohn.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Saturday motivational quotes then why not take a look at weekend quotes, or [Sunday motivational quotes]?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.