Security is one thing that everyone in the world is always concerned about.
In a time where all the data is easily available on the internet, it becomes mandatory to pay special attention to it. There has to be an organized system with individual contributions keeping the society secure as a whole.
Security need not just be on a personal level or only for protecting one's life. There can be a social security system or national security just like the defense forces of the United States. Similarly, cybersecurity which protects data is also equally important in today's world. In the article, you will find some of the best quotes about security.
If you like this article about security quotes, you may also want to check our other quotes articles such as [caregiver quotes] and [self-discipline quotes].
Quotes About Safety And Security
Anyone can feel in danger at any point in time. It need not always be in the form of an outside cause. Anything that takes you away from your mental well-being can be dangerous. Here you will find social security quotes.
1. "The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life."
- Jane Addams.
2. "God himself is not secure, having given man dominion over his work."
- Helen Keller.
3. "Security and safety were the reward of dullness."
- Hanif Kureishi.
4. “The pearls weren't really white, they were a warm oyster beige, with little knots in between so if they broke, you only lost one. I wished my life could be like that, knotted up so that even if something broke, the whole thing wouldn't come apart.”
- Janet Fitch.
5. "Innovations that are guided by smallholder farmers, adapted to local circumstances, and sustainable for the economy and environment will be necessary to ensure food security in the future."
- Bill Gates.
6. "If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability."
- Henry Ford.
7. "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
- Helen Keller.
8. "The fact is that people are good. Give people affection and security, and they will give affection and be secure in their feelings and their behavior."
- Abraham Maslow.
9. “Safety has to be everyone’s responsibility… everyone needs to know that they are empowered to speak up if there’s an issue."
– Captain Scott Kelly.
10. "The only true security in life comes from knowing that every single day you are improving yourself in some way, that you are increasing the caliber of who you are and that you are valuable to your company, your friends, and your family."
- Tony Robbins.
11. “I like libraries. It makes me feel comfortable and secure to have walls of words, beautiful and wise, all around me. I always feel better when I can see that there is something to hold back the shadows.”
- Roger Zelazny.
Political Quotes On Security
Security of a nation is always one of the top priorities. There are many threats a nation and its principles can face from intrinsic and extrinsic factors likewise. Here you will find quotes with a political inclination and also, national security quotes.
12. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
- Benjamin Franklin.
13. "For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security."
- Thomas Jefferson.
14. “Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay.”
- Jiddu Krishnamurti.
15. "Resentment seems to have been given us by nature for a defense, and for a defense only! It is the safeguard of justice and the security of innocence."
- Adam Smith.
16. "The magic of America is that we're a free and open society with a mixed population. Part of our security is our freedom."
- Madeleine Albright.
17. "True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
18. "We need only look to our Navajo Code Talkers during World War II to see the value that Native languages bring not only to their culture, but to the security of all American men and women."
- Rick Renzi.
19. "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care to live and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom."
- Dwight Eisenhower.
20. "The American people must be willing to give up a degree of personal privacy in exchange for safety and security."
- Louis J. Freeh.
21. "The way to be safe is never to be secure."
- Benjamin Franklin.
22. "National security is the first duty of government but we are also committed to reversing the substantial erosion of civil liberties."
- Theresa May.
23. "The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George... Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security."
- Ron Paul.
Quotes About Cyber Security
In the world of technology, cybercrime has become a major problem. The wrong use of technology can be disastrous. Here you will find some quotes on cybersecurity.
24. “I really think that if we change our own approach and thinking about what we have available to us, that is what will unlock our ability to truly live in security. It’s a perspectives exercise. What would it look like if abundance were the reality and not resource constraint?”
- Greg York.
25. "Information is the oxygen of the modern time. It seeps through the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders."
- Ronald Reagan.
26. “To competently perform rectifying security service, two critical incident response elements are necessary: information and organization.”
- Robert E. Davis.
27. “As cyber security leaders, we have to create our message of influence because security is a culture and you need the business to take place and be part of that security culture.”
- Britney Hommertzheim.
28. "While cyber espionage is having a tremendous negative affect on the global economy from the theft-caused drain of intellectual property and the resulting adverse incentives for continued investments in innovative growth, the threat from destructive and disruptive attacks is amplifying the risks even further."
- Dmitri Alperovitch.
29. "How many IoT devices exist, with how many computing devices do they share data? How many others have access to that data and what decisions are being made with this data? No one really knows. We just don’t know.”
- Rebecca Herold.
30. "Never say anything in an electronic message that you wouldn't want appearing, and attributed to you, in tomorrow morning's front-page headline in the New York Times."
- Colonel David Russell.
31. “Threat is a mirror of security gaps. Cyber-threat is mainly a reflection of our weaknesses. An accurate vision of digital and behavioral gaps is crucial for a consistent cyber-resilience.”
- Stephane Nappo.
32. "Unless and until our society recognizes cyber-bullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue over the years."
- Anna Maria Chavez.
33. "If we dominate cyber space and know and can read the mail of other human, and with a very accurate laser-guided munitions put it in this window or that window, it's not how much, it's knowing exactly where to pinpoint a target."
- Joe Sestak.
34. "If you wanna know how not secure you are, just take a look around. Nothing's secure. Nothing's safe. I don't hate technology, I don't hate hackers, because that's just what comes with it, without those hackers we wouldn't solve the problems we need to solve, especially security."
- Fred Durst.
35. "If you think technology can simply solve your security problems, then you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology."
- Bruce Schneier.
36. "Hacking is simply exploiting security controls either in a technical, physical or a human-based element."
- Kevin Mitnick.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for security quotes then why not take a look at protest quotes, or [focus on yourself quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.