Senator Armstrong is the main antagonist of the 2013 Metal Gear series game Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was produced by Platinum Games. The game follows the event of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
Steven Armstrong or more commonly known as Senator Armstrong is the antagonist of the game. He is extremely patriotic and nationalistic. His patriotism is in its full fledge form during his fight with Raiden where he tells Raiden that if he's against his plans to restore America's pride, he was against the country. Armstrong's plan was to reform the USA and giving people a right to fight for their own decisions.
As a character, Armstrong is arrogant and has a rather sarcastic attitude. These are his flaws as his arrogance led him to do reckless things that eventually led him to be defeated by Raiden at the end of the game. Armstong is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant with more of a brawl-like style. His strength is something that he acquired from his days in college as a ballplayer and also as a sailor in the US Navy.
For more related content take a look at [Metal Gear Solid quotes] and Solid Snake quotes.
Metal Gear Rising Senator Armstrong Quotes
Some of the best Metal Gear Senator Armstrong quotes from the Metal Gear series, talking about how he plans to make America great and his plans for the world. Have a read of these Senator Armstrong quotes - make America great and other Senator Armstrong Metal Gear Rising quotes.
1. “There's no saving America -- we need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. Burn it down! And from the ashes, a new America will be born. Evolved, but untamed!”
— Senator Armstrong.
2. “Raiden: Why won't you die?
Senator Armstrong: Nanomachines, son. They harden in response to physical trauma.”
- Metal Gear Rising.
3. "Men will fight for reasons they don't understand, causes they don't believe in... But at least I'll leave a worthy successor... You, Jack. You carve your own path, use whatever methods you see fit…"
4. "You should try fighting for what you believe in sometime, Jack. Not for a company, or for a nation, or for anyone else."
5. “Senator Armstrong: Let's go!
Raiden: The hell are you thinking...
Armstrong: Played college ball, ya know.
Raiden: At some cushy Ivy League school.
Armstrong: Try University of Texas. Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy. I'm not one of those beltway pansies. I could break the president in two with my bare hands!”
- Metal Gear Rising.
6. “I owe you for that speech you wrote. It did wonders for my approval ratings! You understand what matters. Filters, information control, none of that matters anymore.”
7. “Senator Armstrong: You still don't get it! I'm using war as a business to get elected! So I can end war as a business... In my new America, people will die and kill... for what they believe! Not for money, not for oil, not for what they're told is right! Every man will be free to fight his own wars! Hah... so, what do you think?
Raiden: How the hell did you get elected…”
- Metal Gear Rising.
8. “Alright...The truth, then. You're right about one thing -- I do need capital, and votes! Wanna know why?! I have a dream!”
9. “The weak will be purged, and the strongest will thrive -- free to live as they see fit, they'll make America great again!”
10. “One day every person in this nation will control their OWN destiny. A land of the truly free, dammit. A nation of action, not words. Ruled by strength, not committee.”
11. “Last I checked, vagrant children weren't exactly rare in this part of the world. Millions of them, in fact. You can get more once we've set up a new lab. They lead lives of hunger and pain. We're performing a service here -- for them, and the cities they burden.”
12. “That's just the spark son. The excuse we've been waiting for. America's wanted this war for years. The Patriots -- they knew war was good for the economy. Four years later their legacy lingers on…”
13. “Relax, Jack. It's a 'war on terror'. We're not out to kill civilians. Extremists. Lawless gangs. Madmen. Of course, that would have to include you. Wouldn't want any eyewitness reports complicating the message.”
14. “People these days don’t care about what’s right or wrong. It’s all about the spin, how well you can shift blame to the other guy. People these days only see what they want to see.”
Quotes From Other Characters
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance quotes from some of the other characters.
15. “I said my sword is a tool of justice, not used in anger, not drawn in vengeance. But now, I’m not so sure. And besides, this isn’t my sword.”
16. “Like I said, kids are cruel, Jack. And I'm very in touch with my inner child.”
17. “Pain… this is why I live. This is my normal. This is my nature.”
18. “Raiden: One sword keeps another in the sheath.
Prime Minister N'Mani: A soldier and a philosopher. You are full of surprises, Mr. Lightning Bolt.”
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
19. “Wind blows, rain falls, and the strong prey upon the weak.”
20. “That nickname you love sooo much- wanna know how I got it? Actually, why don't I give you a demonstration? I think it's time for Jack... To let 'er rip!”
21. “Now I see. You deny your weapon its purpose! It yearns to bathe in the blood of your enemies... but you hold it back!”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Senator Armstrong Metal Gear quotes then why not take a look at inspirational video game quotes or gaming quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.