Sharks are beautiful creatures, with an unfair reputation for being vicious, that rule the clear blue waters.
Sharks teach us to keep moving forward to chase our goals and desires like they keep chasing their prey without giving up. They teach us to be active in life and to aggressively pursue our dreams.
Sharks are one of the most dangerous creatures that roam the deep blue ocean, with enormous speed and strength, they are known to be fearsome predators. Sharks are agile and can easily catch up to a prey trying to get away. We love shark quotes and sayings since we can look up to this majestic ocean predator, especially being aware of its reputation under water. We have collected the best shark quotes out there for you which you will absolutely love and enjoy!
If you like this, check out [ocean quotes] and turtle quotes.
Shark Quotes Which You Will Love
People love awesome shark quotes. Here are some shark quotes you will surely enjoy!
1. “I've never been bitten by a shark, though God knows I had to poke a lot of them in the nose.”
- Scott Glenn.
2. “The chances of that shark attacking you in any way is so remote. The sea should be enjoyed, the animals in it. When you see a shark underwater, you should say, ‘How lucky I am to see this beautiful animal in his environment!’”
- Eugenie Clark.
3. “I try my best to avoid the sharks of life, but I have had my share of experiences with them, and in those cases I just have to handle them accordingly. But I do not swim with sharks ... sharks swim with sharks.”
4. “Always you have to train yourself to swim with sharks.”
- Sivaprakash Sidhu.
5. “By nature, I keep moving, man. My theory is, be the shark. You've just got to keep moving. You can't stop.”
- Brad Pitt.
6. “French fries kill more people than guns and sharks, yet nobody's afraid of French fries.”
- Robert Kiyosaki.
7. “Are you a man with a conscience, or just a shark who will die when you stop moving forward?”
- Roderick Vincent.
Funny Shark Quotes That Will Crack You Up
We love hilarious shark quotes! Here are some funny quotes about sharks and some good short quotes that will definitely make you laugh!
8. “I'm afraid of sharks - but only in a water situation.”
- Demetri Martin.
9. “People don't need to be scared. I tickle sharks. I do, when they swim by.”
- Michael Muller.
10. “Interesting fact: a shark will only attack you if you're wet.”
- Sean Lock.
11. “You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the person you're with.”
- Kevin Nealon.
12. “For an actor, its great fun to play one of these hungry white sharks. Audiences love to hate them.”
- Michael Douglas.
13. “You know the most dangerous thing in the water? A shark fart.”
- Gary Busey.
14. “Pigs eat more tuna than all the planet's sharks combined.”
- Paul Watson.
Peter Benchley Quotes And Shark Tank Quotes
Here are some famous quotes which you will definitely like.
15. “Other fish run from bigger things. That's their instinct. But this fish doesn't run from anything. He doesn't fear.”
- Peter Benchley.
16. “And don't you think a wrestling ring is a little old school, Lilian? Why not put the match in a shark tank, with real live sharks? Hungry sharks!”
- Kurt Angle.
17. “Without sharks, you take away the apex predator of the ocean, and you destroy the entire food chain.”
- Peter Benchley.
18. “And for that reason, I am out.”
- Mark Cuban, 'Shark Tank'.
19. “We provoke a shark every time we enter the water where sharks happen to be, for we forget: The ocean is not our territory - it's theirs.”
- Peter Benchley.
20. “Any weapon's only as good as the man using it, and a good man can make a good weapon out of most anything.”
- Peter Benchley.
Cool Sharks Quotes And Sayings
We love famous shark quotes and facts about sharks. Here are some cool shark quotes that you will enjoy checking out.
21. “Sharks aren't the monsters we make them out to be.”
- Yasmine Hamdi.
22. “Sharks have been swimming the oceans unchallenged for thousands of years; chances are, the species that roams corporate waters will prove just as hardy.”
- Eric Gelman.
23. “All sharks were born swimming.”
- Rebecca McNutt.
24. “Sharks don't target human beings, and they certainly don't hold grudges.”
- Peter Benchley.
25. “Live every week like it's shark week.”
- Tracy Morgan.
26. “Turns out, I couldn't catch them - or even get close to them. I realized that sharks are amazing, beautiful animals who have absolutely no interest in checking me out.”
- Malin Akerman.
27. “Sharks are the criminals of the sea. Dolphins are the outlaws.”
- Tom Robbins.
28. “The only thing on the mind of a shark is to eat.”
- Lil Wayne.
Quotes About Sharks Which Will Motivate You
Here are some amazing inspirational quotes about sharks!
29. “Instead of squirreling away your earnings early in your career, spend on experiences that will enrich your life - like diving with great white sharks. It can expose you to influential people who could open doors for you.”
- Blake Mycoskie.
30. “I've swum with great white sharks.”
- Rob James-Collier.
31. “I've seen sharks in the ocean, it hasn't made me get out of the ocean; that's for sure.”
- Luke Hemsworth.
32. “I have photographed sharks in waters around the globe, and I always want more and yearn to peer deeper into their world. To feed my passion and to raise awareness, I developed a story about sharks for 'National Geographic' magazine.”
- Brian Skerry.
33. “In the end, my love for surfing helped me overcome my fear of sharks.”
- Bethany Hamilton.
34. “I have a ridiculous fear of sharks but I'd jump in the water in a second for an amazing role.”
- Kate Mara.
35. “Were the diver to think on the jaws of the shark, he would never lay hands on the precious pearl.”
36. “There are no true friends in politics. We are all sharks circling, and waiting, for traces of blood to appear in the water.”
- Alan Clark.
Shark Quotes Which Send A Message
“Swimming with sharks”, a popular saying, refers to hanging out or being around dangerous people. Here are some shark quotes which have a deeper meaning and some which send us a message.
37. “You're more likely to drown in the sea of sameness than get eaten by a shark while navigating new waters.”
- Amy Jo Martin.
38. “I just believe that sometimes in life you're like a shark - you have to keep moving through water; otherwise, you'll die.”
- Michelle Ryan.
39. “There is this sweet spot in time when we have an opportunity to stop killing sharks and tunas and swordfish and other wildlife in the sea before it's too late.”
- Sylvia Earle.
40. “There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed.”
- Siddharta Gautama.
41. “My position is this. If we can't protect sanctuaries, if we can't save the whales, the sharks, the fish, our oceans will die.”
- Paul Watson.
42. “New England waters are some of my favorite - they are some of the richest waters because they are temperate waters and nutrient-rich, and therefore provide food for so many animals, from giant whales to sharks to everything else.”
- Brian Skerry.
43. “One of them hissed-not the hiss of a cat, a long, steady tone-more like the hiss of air escaping the rubber raft that is all that lies between you and a dark sea full of sharks, the hiss of your life leaking out at the seams.”
- Christopher Moore.
44. “I am a shark, the ground is my ocean, and most people can't even swim.”
- Rickson Gracie.
45. “But as they say about sharks, it's not the ones you see that you have to worry about, it's the ones you don't see.”
- David Blaine.
46. “I'm always swimming forward like a shark. You just keep going and you don't rest.”
- Nile Rodgers.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for shark quotes then why not take a look at snake quotes, or lion quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.