Shyness is often seen as a quality that shouldn’t affect people.
However, many people find it hard to hide their shyness. They should indeed embrace their personality of being shy as it shouldn’t be something to hide.
One of the first steps for accepting that you are shy is to be one with your heart and soul. The relevant being shy quotes open you up to possibilities of getting social without needing to overcompensate with things. These shy quotes will come in handy while meeting new people. These shy quotes will also help you impress a girl who is shy. In general, these shy quotes can do wonders for you in any simple conversation.
If you find the shy quotes entertaining, check out [quiet quotes] and calm quotes.
Quotes About Being Shy
Are you looking for some quotes about shy people to tell your friends? Here are great quotes about being shy that help you open up, and other general shy quotes. These shy quotes will also give you some confidence in your shyness.
1. “My feelings are too loud for words and too shy for the world.”
‒ Dejan Stojanovic.
2. “Quiet people always know more than they seem.”
‒ Criss Jami, ‘Healology’.
3. “Don't try to be what you're not. If you're nervous, be nervous. If you're shy, be shy.”
‒ Adriana Lima.
4. “We writers are shy, nocturnal creatures.”
‒ John Banville.
5. “I never wish to offend, but I am so foolishly shy, that I often seem negligent, when I am only kept back by my natural awkwardness…”
‒ Jane Austen, ‘Sense and Sensibility’.
6. “I have reason to be shy. I've been hurt plenty.”
‒ Ethel Waters.
7. “I am quite shy and people think I'm aloof.”
‒ Kristen Stewart.
8. “Listen to me. I'm shy. I'm not stupid.”
‒ Jonathan Lethem, ‘You Don't Love Me Yet’.
9. “Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people.”
‒ Andre Dubus.
10. “I was very shy as a child. Very shy. Having a lot of problems with very simple things, like entering a restaurant all by myself.”
‒ Amitabh Bachchan.
11. “I'm shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame.”
‒ Johnny Depp.
12. “Everybody wants to be somebody fancy. Even if they're shy.”
‒ Donald Miller, ‘Blue Like Jazz’.
13. “I always felt awkward and shy and on the outside of the momentum of my friends' lives.”
‒ Steven Spielberg.
14. “He's a shy man. Life has taught him not to show off what is most precious to him.”
‒ Yann Martel, ‘Life of Pi’.
15. “Shrinking in a corner,
pressed into the wall;
do they know I'm present,
am I here at all?”
‒ Lang Leav, ‘Love & Misadventure’.
16. “The shy little Mayflower weaves her nest,
But the south wind sighs o'er the fragrant loam,
And betrays the path to her woodland home.”
‒ Sarah Helen Whitman.
17. “I was shy as a child. Now I'm not really shy anymore unless I'm with shy people.”
‒ Nigella Lawson.
18. “It is noble to be shy, illustrious not to know how to act, great not to have a gift for living.”
‒ Fernando Pessoa.
19. “He’s like a timid bird, one wrong move and he’ll fly away.”
‒ Krystalle Bianca.
20. “I’ve gotten better at not making people feel uncomfortable with my shyness.”
‒ Clea DuVall.
Shy Quotes From Books
Do you want to impress a girl but you are shy? Try making her understand your love with these beautiful shy quotes. You can use these shy quotes with your friends too. These shy quotes are also very intellectual and deep.
21. “So many people are shut up tight inside themselves like boxes, yet they would open up, unfolding quite wonderfully, if only you were interested in them.”
‒ Sylvia Plath, ‘Johnny Panic And The Bible Of Dreams’.
22. “There are many Beths in the world, shy and quiet, sitting in corners till needed, and living for others so cheerfully that no one sees the sacrifices”
‒ Louisa May Alcott, ‘Little Women’.
23. “I wondered how many people there were in the world who suffered, and continued to suffer, because they could not break out from their own web of shyness and reserve”
‒ Daphne du Maurier, ‘Rebecca’.
24. “Deep rivers run quiet.”
‒ Haruki Murakami, ‘Hard-Boiled Wonderland And The End Of The World’.
25. “Into the dark night
Resignedly I go,
I am not so afraid of the dark night
As the friends I do not know,
I do not fear the night above
As I fear the friends below.”
‒ Stevie Smith, ‘Selected Poems’.
26. “He's a wallflower. You see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand.”
‒ Stephen Chbosky, ‘The Perks of Being A Wallflower’.
27. “... after pausing a moment for what she knew would not come, for a courage which the outside of no door had ever supplied to her”
‒ Jane Austen, ‘Mansfield Park’.
28. “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”
‒ Stephen Chbosky, ‘The Perks Of Being A Wallflower’.
29. “Soft is the music that would charm forever;
The flower of sweetest smell is shy and lowly.”
‒ William Wordsworth.
30. “I was a shy girl, but when I read, I was adventurous.”
‒ Roxane Gay.
31. “Sometimes people use thought to not participate in life.”
‒ Stephen Chbosky, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower’.
32. “Shyness in the young may be charming to look at but is painful to the one who suffers it.”
‒ Dorothy Whipple, ‘Because Of The Lockwoods’.
33. “The shy man does have some slight revenge upon society for the torture it inflicts upon him.”
‒ Jerome K. Jerome.
34. “For weeks I had mistaken his stare for barefaced hostility. I was wide of the mark. It was simply a shy man's way of holding someone else's gaze. We were, it finally dawned on me, the two shyest persons in the world.”
‒ André Aciman, ‘Call Me By Your Name’.
35. “Clearly she was expected to say something, but panic at having to speak stole the thoughts from her head.”
‒ Shannon Hale, ‘The Goose Girl’.
36. “He was rather clumsy and shy and looked as if he'd spent the last ten years of his life locked up in a library - hardly the kind of man any girl your age dreams of ...”
‒ Carlos Ruiz Zafón, ‘The Midnight Palace’.
37. “Walk to her. Take her hand. But his feet were leaden, and Dorian could do nothing except watch her. His skin flushed beneath his small black mask. He didn't know why, but seeing her made him feel like a man.”
‒ Sarah J. Maas, ‘Throne Of Glass’.
38. “I have always tried to avoid talking to pretty girls, because pretty girls have a vicious effect on me in which every part of my brain is shut down except for the part that says unbelievably stupid things...”
‒ David Foster Wallace, ‘The David Foster Wallace Reader’.
39. “To tell you the truth, I've just been avoiding everything.”
‒ Stephen Chbosky, ‘The Perks Of Being A Wallflower’.
Shy Quotes From Popular Personalities
Did you know that even the top celebrities have given rise to shy guy quotes? Find here shy quotes and other quotes about such social situations.
40. “I was the shyest human ever invented, but I had a lion inside me that wouldn't shut up.”
‒ Ingrid Bergman.
41. “The culture of drink endures because it offers so many rewards: confidence for the shy, clarity for the uncertain”
‒ Pete Hamill.
42. “Believe in your flyness…conquer your shyness.”
‒ Kanye West.
43. “The fact of the matter is that most actors are shy people.”
‒ Roger Moore.
44. “I am really a very shy person. If I appear, it is because of the music, not because I want to be seen.”
45. “The way you overcome shyness is to become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid.”
‒ Lady Bird Johnson.
46. “A struggle with shyness is in every actor more than anyone can imagine.”
‒ Marilyn Monroe.
47. “A lot of vices that I've had over the years were always to make up for some sort of character deficiency, one of them being shyness.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for shy quotes then why not take a look at [slow down quotes], or Underdog quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.