Blessed is their life who have a complete family with siblings or even step-siblings.
Siblings are the people who teach the meaning of bonding in family relationships. Having siblings not only implies fun through the days of life but it also means supporting and looking out for each other.
Sharing food, exchanging dresses, leg-pulling, teasing, hollering around, laughing and crying - all these emotions can be felt genuinely in the company of siblings. One can never get bored when a pesky little brother annoys them out of their wits! Siblings mean a hug of consolation in sad moments, pulling pranks on each other, and a plethora of uncountable emotions. They are the people who teach us about fairness, kindness and caring, quite often the hard way! If life has gifted you with a complete family with siblings then check out these cute siblings quotes, short sibling quotes, quotes about sisters, brothers, step-siblings quotes, siblings quotes about love, siblings quotes and sayings, and more.
If you relished your childhood memories with these sibling quotes then don't forget to check [funny sibling quotes] and sisterhood quotes.
Quotes About Brothers And Sister
These quotes about siblings are all you need to relive the good old childhood days and celebrate a beautiful, everlasting bond so go on and give it a read!
1. “Most sisters and brothers are friends, companions, and support for each other.”
– Kate Summers.
2. “Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can.”
– Gregory E. Lang.
3. “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.”
4. "To the outside world we all grow old...not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were...share private family jokes...remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys."
- Clara Ortega.
5. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.”
– Carol Saline.
6. “What sets sisters apart from brothers and also from friends is a very intimate mashing of heart, soul, and the mystical cords of memory.”
– Carol Saline.
7. “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day.”
– Amaury Nolasco.
8. “As we grew up, my brothers looked out for me and were there.”
– Catherine Pulsifer.
9. “A sister is someone you can always count on.”
– Sally Painter.
10. “We are two sisters bound by womanhood. Two princes on the same island."
- Saoirse Una Ronan, 'Mary Stuart'.
11. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.”
– Susan Scarf Merrell.
12. “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life.”
– Suzie Huitt.
13. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.”
― Terri Guillemets.
14. “Sisters and brothers just happen...they become one of our most cherished relationships.”
– Wes Adamson.
15. "I'm your brother, Sammy!"
- Michael, 'The Lost Boys', 1987.
16. “Your brother or sister...will surely not let you face anything alone.”
17. "A brother’s love exceeds
All the world’s loves in its unworldliness."
- Robert Browning.
18. “We hang out...tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets...we listen and don’t judge.”
– Adriana Trigiani.
19. "None of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight."
―Ken Wheaton, 'Sweet As Cane, Salty As Tears'.
20. “Is it not a brother's job to find fault with his sister?”
- Mr Knightley, 'Emma 2'.
21. "A girl is lucky when she has the best brother who understands her like no other."
22. "My brother and sister are always complaining that I’m too protective."
- Penelope Cruz.
23. “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage, a condition people have to work at.”
― Maya Angelou.
24. “We didn’t know we were making memories...we were having fun.”
- Winnie the Pooh.
25. "People that have a brother or sister don’t realize how lucky they are."
- Trey Parker & Matt Stone.
Funny Sibling Quotes
Have you thought of a caption for your sibling picture? Or of good sibling sayings? Why not choose one from these quirky sibling quotes?
26. “I've been the oldest child since before you were born.”
— E.L. Konigsburg.
27. "What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention."
― Claire Cook, 'New Leash On Life'.
28. “That’s the best part of having siblings...you want to kill each other, but you’d kill for each other, too.”
― L.C. Davis.
29. "The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother."
- Winston Pendelton.
30. “I grew up with six...I learned to dance – waiting for the bathroom.”
– Bob Hope.
31. "When I had money everyone called me brother."
- Polish proverb.
32. "He’s not heavy; he’s my brother."
- James Wells, 'The Parables oO Jesus'.
33. “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness...kindness and caring – quite often the hard way.”
– Pamela Dugdale.
34. "They’re the funniest, most eccentric bizarre people I’ve ever met, my siblings.”
– Dana Carvey.
35. “There is a little boy inside...my brother…how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.”
– Anna Quindlen.
36. “The advantage of growing up with siblings is that you become very good at fractions.”
- Robert Brault.
37. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.”
– Pam Brown.
38. "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
- Martin Luther King Jr.
39. "I can’t work with my brother without laughing."
- Dick van Dyke.
40. “If you’ve got a brother, you’re going to fight.”
– Liam Gallagher.
41. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.”
― Lemony Snicket.
42. "I was your brother, your blood, your friend...I'm your family..."
43. "My big brother still thinks he’s a better singer than me."
- Rod Stewart.
44. “Our siblings resemble us we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long.”
― Susan Scarf Merrell.
45. "A friend is a brother who was once a bother."
46. “Oh, brothers! I don't care for brothers. My elder brother won't die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.”
― Oscar Wilde, 'The Picture Of Dorian Gray'.
Sibling Quotes To Make You Nostalgic
Words often fall short while expressing emotions in mere words. A quote for siblings or sibling sayings can render voice to the magic created by such a special bond.
47. "I was too young that time to value her, But now I know her...we went coupled and inseparable."
―William Shakespeare, 'As You Like It'.
48. "Family: where life begins and love never ends."
49. “In many sibling relationships, conflict can be high, but the fun times in the backyard more than balance it out.”
– Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman.
50. "When I was four years old, my brother and sister died of hunger."
– Chen Guangbiao.
51. "Two thorns from the same thistle."
- Julie Garwood, 'The Wedding'.
52. “Brothers don’t say anything to each other – they can just be completely comfortable with each other.”
– Leonardo DiCaprio.
53. "My brother is my best's best."
- Georgie Denbrough.
54. “Once a brother, always a brother, no matter the distance.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
55. “What causes sibling rivalry? Having more than one kid.”
– Tim Allen.
56. “Not only had my brother disappeared, but...a part of my very being had gone with him...Memories could be told but not shared.”
– John Corey Whaley.
57. “Your brother is your alter ego. Your friend and sometimes your hero.”
58. "How you can already miss someone when you are in the same room with them. But I do."
- Karen Harrington.
59. "It’s a blessing not to be alone in your grief but it’s also painful to see your parents and siblings in pain."
– Meghan O’Rourke.
60. "I quarreled with my brother and sisters, but I couldn't remember hating anyone for more than five minutes.”
― Gloria Whelan, 'Summer Of The War'.
61. “A sibling represents a person’s past, present, and future.”
– John Corey Whaley.
62. "Every person whether he is Hindu, Muslim or Buddhist, he is my brother, my sister."
- Mother Teresa.
63. "I would ask my parents something, but then go to my siblings. We were encouraged to bounce ideas off everyone."
– Ahmet Zappa.
64. "I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister...I know always where I belong."
– Jose Carreras.
65. “Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one...a special part of the other.”
66. “Our brothers and sisters bring us face to face with our former selves and remind us how intricately bound up we are.”
– Jane Mersky Leder.
67. "We only part to meet again."
- John Gay.
68. “I loved her, and not in the complicated way I loved our parents, but in a simple way...I loved her like breathing.”
― Brenna Yovanoff, 'The Replacement'.
69. “No matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood.”
– Karen White.
Happy Siblings Day Quotes To Celebrate National Sibling Day
National sibling day is celebrated on 10 April every year. This year enjoy the sibling love and bond with some national siblings day quotes.
70. “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.”
– Marian Sandmaier.
71. “Power, that’s one thing, but love of family and of siblings is more important, is more powerful than any other power – at least earthly power.”
– Sander Levin.
72. "Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it’s way back to you."
- Ranata Suzuki.
73. This is what happens when siblings collide - they injure each other in the same way.”
― Veronica Roth, 'Allegiant'.
74. "Sisterhood is powerful."
- Robin Morgan.
75. “My sister accommodates me,...accepts and loves me, despite our differences.”
– Joy Harjo.
76. “My siblings are my best friends.”
– America Ferrera.
77. “Sibling rivalry was rampant in my family, all competing for my parents’ divided attention.”
– Janine di Giovanni.
78. “Sibling relationships flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust.”
― Erica E. Goode.
79. "Siblings always remember every wrong you did to them, but they also remember your every kindness."
- Sally Painter.
80. “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.”
― Jeffrey Kluger.
81. “A sibling represents a person’s past, present, and future.”
– John Corey Whaley.
82. "Brothers and sisters were by blood I heard the words and knew they must mean something.”
― Frederick Douglass.
83. “Secrets with Laddie were the greatest joy in life. He was so much nicer than any one else in our family, or among our friends, that too love him blindly was the greatest happiness.”
― Gene Stratton-Porter, 'Laddie: A True Blue Story'.
84. "Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be."
- Toni Morrison.
85. “If your sibling gets something you want, you (1) try to take it; (2) break it; or (3) say it’s no good.”
- Patricia Fleming.
86. “We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing.”
― Erma Bombeck.
87. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of.”
– Amy Li.
88. "Siblings seem to be tethered to each other like anchors around their ankles."
- Sally Painter.
89. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift.”
— Desmond Tutu.
90. “My sister will look out for me. And as your younger brother, I also know you will always be older than me.”
– Theodore W. Higginsworth.
91. “I do find the sibling connection endlessly fascinating, as I do all family dynamics. I like how siblings seem to create their own parentless mini-civilization within a family.”
– Jandy Nelson.
92. “Be nice to your siblings, your best link to your past and to stay with you in the future.”
– Baz Lurhmann.
Quotes About Sibling Love
Here are some inspirational quotes, sibling quotes, and love quotes that will make you happy all the same.
93. "Love is the bond of brotherhood."
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
94. “Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles... the baby, the peacekeeper.”
– Jane Mersky Leder.
95. "Half-siblings share their best halves."
- Sally Painter.
96. "We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory."
- Evelyn Loeb.
97. "A sister is both your mirror and your opposite."
- Elizabeth Fishel.
98. “Siblings know you better than anyone... they’ll always be intensely interested in you.”
– Dr. Terri Apter.
99. “Siblings are different flowers from the same garden.”
100. “We overcome all the obstacles and help each other in fulfilling dreams. Siblings stand shoulder to shoulder.”
101. “It was the sibling thing, I suppose. I was fascinated by the intricate tangle of love and duty and resentment that tied them together.”
― Kate Morton, 'The Distant Hours'.
102. “Your sister will listen to you when you have to talk, and will hold you when you are sad.”
103. “Siblings: children of the same parents, each perfectly normal until they get together.”
– Sam Levenson.
104. "DNA can't rule out the love between step-siblings."
- Sally Painter.
105. "You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not."
- Jodi Picoult.
106. “Your brother can play multiple roles. He can trouble you like a sister, take care of you like a mother, pamper you like a father, and have fun with you like a friend.”
107. “That’s the function of big brothers - to help their little sisters when their worlds are collapsing.”
- Susan Beth Pfeffer.
108. "Cherish your siblings the same way they cherish you."
- Sally Painter.
109. “Do you know what friendship is… It is to be brother and sister...two fingers on one hand.”
– Victor Hugo.
110. "Siblings (n.) a combination of a best friend and a pain in the neck."
111. “Positive. Reliable. This is how my sibling is.”
112. “A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood.”
– Ann Hood.
113. “Siblings have a unique relationship. They share a secret language. They are family, tied together by kinship throughout life.”
– Kenneth J. Doka.
114. “Brothers and sisters have a right to annoy each other.”
115. "The best sibling you can have is a brother or sister who pushes you to 10x levels of success!"
- Grant Cardone.
116. “Siblings fight and fall. But whenever you fall alone, they will always be there to pick you up.”
117. “We all have competitive relationships with our siblings.”
– John Benjamin Hickey.
118. "In a close-knit family, cousins are like siblings."
- Sally Painter.
119. “Our sibling bond is not eye to eye. Rather it is heart to heart.”
120. "Nobody remembers their childhood exactly but I remember you were there for me."
- Maxime Lagacé.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for sibling quotes then why not take a look at [brother sister quotes], or [funny family quotes]?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.