People are always on the lookout for better games, which involve warriors and fantastical items which many might love.
The influx of new games every month has most likely resulted in higher expectations for games. 'Skyrim' had the advantage of being the fifth main installment in the favorite world of 'Elder Scrolls' which people love.
Skyrim is a place of the Nords, which is situated to the north of Tamriel between Morrowing and High Rock in the 'Elder Scrolls' universe. The game is set around two hundred years after the fourth installment of 'Oblivion' in the 'Elder Scrolls' world. The main story is about the civil war between two groups: the Stormcloaks headed by Ulfric Stormcloak and the Imperial Legion headed by General Tullius. The player's character is Dragonborn and the story revolves around him.
Dragonborn is a mortal but possesses the powers of a dragon. His aim is to destroy Alduin, the dragon who is also called 'World Eater'. It is generally said that one good line or a good quote can make a difference when gaming. 'Skyrim' became a very popular game having one of the most immersive storylines, quotations and character development. It is a success of the 'Elder Scrolls' franchise.
There are many memes, especially on the guards and their repetitive dialogue about being an adventurer and how they took an arrow in the knee, which have been circulated over the net. It is funny when one realizes that this also helps to cement the presence of the game. Below are some hand-picked quotes from the game for you that will make you nostalgic.
Famous 'Skyrim' Battle Quotes
Never is there a dull moment when you are engaged in the fierce battles of the Nords. Fights and destructive dialogues with fiery intent form the crux of this game and thus the quotes need to do justice to the intensity accordingly. Battles make the gaming experience interactive and 'Skyrim' has shown itself to be so. An interesting or funny quote in between a battle sequence makes the scenario quite appealing to the player. Here are some of the best quotes from the 'Elder Scrolls' world. Take a quote or two to fire you up.
1. "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee."
2. "If it's the war you're referring to, I'm on the side of Whiterun. No doubt General Tullius and his friends in the Empire will tell you that I owe them my loyalty, and perhaps I do."
—Jarl Balgruuf the Greater.
3. “Do you get to the cloud district very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don’t.”
4. “You see those warriors from Hammerfell? They’ve got curved swords. Curved. Swords.”
5. "When the Dragonborn ruler loses his throne, and the White Tower falls - When the Snow Tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding - The World-Eater wakes, and the Wheel turns upon the Last Dragonborn."
— The Prophecy of the Dragonborn.
6. “I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing.
I fight… because I must.”
― Ulfric Stormcloak.
7. "Stormcloaks, Imperials, dragons. Ain't no matter to me what I kill. Let them come."
Funny Quotes From 'Skyrim'
Life is boring without a bit of humor. High octane intense games often have humor and act as a breather for the gamer. A quote thrown in the midst that can make you chuckle will help people fall in love with games. Here you can find 'Skyrim' bandit quotes and cicero 'Skyrim' quotes, that are funny.
8. "Never should have come here!"
9. "Let me guess… someone stole your sweetroll?”
10. "My cousin is out fighting dragons. And what do I get? Guard duty."
11. “The meals I serve aren’t exactly what I’d call a Jarl’s feast, but they’ll fill your belly.”
12. "Is there singing in the Void? Dancing...? Surely the Dread Lord will at least allow poor Cicero to caper..."
13. “Don’t suppose you’d enchant my sword? Dull old blade can barely cut butter.”
Quotes About 'Skyrim'
Skyrim is a place in the Elder Scrolls map. It is the place where all the action in this installment of the game happens. Here you will find quotes to know about the important incidents that happen in the Skyrim. These were said in 'Skyrim' and have caught on and become a favorite among players. See if you can find a favorite one for you.
14. "Psst! Hey. I know who you are. Hail Sithis!"
15. "Ulfric Stormcloak would say that I owe my allegiance to the Nord people as they fight for Skyrim's independence. Perhaps this is also true. The day might come when I am forced to draw my sword for one side or the other. But that day has not come yet."
- Jarl Balgruuf the Greater.
16. “I am sworn to carry your burdens.”
17. "You've shown yourself mighty, both in Voice and deed. In order to defeat Alduin, you've gained mastery of dreadful weapons. Now it is up to you to decide what to do with your power and skill. Your future lies before you."
18. "Drem. Patience. There are formalities that must be observed, at the first meeting of two of the dov. By long tradition, the elder speaks first. Hear my Thu'um! Feel it in your bones. Match it, if you are Dovahkiin!"
19."I do swear my blood and honour to the service of Ulfric Stormcloak."
—Blood Oath of the Stormcloaks.
20. "Hey, you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there."
'Skyrim' NPC Quotes
NPCS stands for non-playing characters. These are controlled by artificial intelligence and make the game interesting. The best NPCs are something a player always observes as they explore the world. The fascinating world of 'Skyrim' the game is built around NPCs, which really matter. Just because they don't take up the main character role or more game time does not reduce their importance at all. It is in a way similar to supporting actor roles in the movies. They are needed to highlight and uplift the entire experience. Here are some NPC-based quotes to look out for in the game which you will absolutely love. Something about these quotes are both funny and can be inspiring as well.
21. "I’m not a man, I’m a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy."
22. “If you have the aptitude you should join the Wizard’s College in Winter Hold.”
- Farengar Secret-Fire.
23. "In their tongue he is Dovahkiin - Dragonborn."
24. "Lot of history in these walls. We're trying to make some more. It's a lucky time to be alive."
25. "I've got my eyes on you."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for skyrim quotes then why not take a look at gaming quotes, or 'Warhammer' quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.