Snakes are long, legless carnivorous reptiles of whom most people are scared of.
There are numerous species of snake present in the world. Most of them are deadly.
A snake bite is poisonous, and you will need immediate medical attention if bitten by a snake. Snakes are quite dangerous animals, so most of us would run away and hide if we saw a snake right now.
We often find people comparing backstabbers with snakes. This long reptile is compared with people talking behind a friend's back, a double-faced man or woman, and former friends due to the slippery and slimy nature of the animal. Some of the snake quotes in this list draw on these same assumptions, making them metaphorical quotes on snakes.
Here, we have some great snake quotes and sayings to share that will not bite. If you like what you're reading, check out our spider quotes and [Solid Snake quotes] for more?
Best Snake Quotes
Check out this list of some of the best snake quotes and sayings in this list.
1. “In addition, the body of a snake also resembles those marks with a stylus, brush, or pen that make up our letters.”
- Boria Sax.
2. “Like a snake sheds its skin, we are capable of getting rid of assembled habits, creating space to call matters into question.”
- Erik Pevernagie.
3. “The snake stood up for evil in the Garden.”
- Robert Frost.
4. “Truth is as straight as an arrow, while a lie swivels like a snake.”
- Suzy Kassem.
5. “Every orchid or rose or lizard or snake is the work of a dedicated and skilled breeder. There are thousands of people, amateurs and professionals, who devote their lives to this business.”
- Freeman Dyson.
6. “The snake produces poison in its body to poison its enemies! But man is a strange snake; he produces poison in his mind to poison his fellow men!”
- Mehmet Murat ildan.
7. “No, snakes are no problem. I’d go to any country, anywhere, any snakes, not a problem.”
– Steve Irwin.
8. “Fear is a tyrant and a despot, more terrible than the rack, more potent than the snake.”
- Edgar Wallace.
9. “If there is a snake in the grass, you have to set the field on fire to draw it out.”
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
10. “To the unspoiled, even a snake bite is a loving kiss. But to the spoiled even a loving kiss is a snake bite.”
- Mikhail Naimy.
11. “Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.”
12. “I am like a snake who has already bitten. I retreat from a direct battle while knowing the slow effect of the poison.”
- Anais Nin.
13. “I have a paralyzing fear of snakes.”
- Kate Upton.
Famous Snake Character Quotes
A snake character is quite common in movies and books. You will find a list of quotes by famous snake characters below.
14. "He knows what you were born, not who you are."
- Nagini, ‘Fantastic Beasts: Crimes Of Grindelwald’.
15. “I don't need to bite to fight!”
- Viper, ‘Kung Fu Panda’.
16. “I am the jungle's eyes. I can see the past, and the future. It is I, Kaa, who witnessed the coming of man.”
- Kaa, ‘Mowgli: Legend Of The Jungle’.
17. “Asssssssssssmodeusssss! Come with me, young foxie, I will show you eternity.”
- Asmodeus, ‘Redwall’.
18. "Hope is never a foolish thing, although others will tell you it is."
- Mrs. Plithiver, ‘The Journey’.
19. “Trust me, my pungent friend, you'll get what's coming to you. My life is but to serve you, my Lord.”
- Jafar, ‘Aladdin’.
20. “I knew it! I knew this would happen! I tried to warn you, but no, no, no, you wouldn't listen. You just had to.”
- Sir Hiss, ‘Robin Hood’.
21. “Viper: Oh my gosh! Where are my legs?!
Crane: Calm down. I think you're a snake.
Viper: Oh. Oh my gosh! I'm a snake!”
- ‘Kung Fu Panda’.
Funny Snake Quotes
We have some funny quotes about snakes to share with you. Check the list out.
22. “Rocking the campaign trail, it's President Snakes
She is giving speeches and a lot of handshakes
She runs a clean campaign, that ol' President Snakes.”
- The Doubleclicks, ‘President Snakes’.
23. “Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.”
- W. C. Fields.
24. “Snakes have no arms. That's why they don't wear vests.”
- Steven Wright.
25. “I'd rather meander through a pit of vipers than love one more person, but since I'm on the subject of snakes, we all know one, or are one.”
- Donna Lynn Hope.
26. “Well, yeah, you listen to a talking snake and there's gonna be trouble.”
- Mike Mignola.
27. “What is with these guys? Where’s the thrill in watching snakes eat? I certainly didn’t thrill in watching humans eat.”
– Patrick Jennings.
28. “The Snake in the fence is now inside the lungi.”
- Sidin Vadukut.
29. “I'm like a snake sleeping on a rock. I won't bother you unless you poke a stick at me.”
- Harlan Ellison.
30. “When you see a snake, never mind where he came from.”
- William Gurney Benham.
31. “Snakes hide in grass, people behind their lies.”
32. “I always wanted to be a snake. Every time I saw a snake on TV. I'd always say 'Why not me?'”
- Dane Cook.
33. “Every great story seems to begin with a snake.”
- Nicolas Cage.
Famous Snake Quotes
Some of the most famous snake quotes are listed below.
34. “Not all the snakes are poisonous and not all the poisons are deadly! Keep this in mind when bitten.”
- Mehmet Murat İldan.
35. “The snake grins through his fangs, admiring Eve's playacting.”
- David Mitchell.
36. “I want to give up my bearings, slip out of who I am, shed everything, the way a snake discards old skin.”
- Khaled Hosseini.
37. “Any man who is attached to things of this world is one who lives in ignorance and is being consumed by the snakes of his own passions.”
– Black Elk.
38. “When you're a snake charmer, you're gonna get bit.”
- LaVar Ball.
39. “Even snakes are afraid of snakes.”
- Steven Wright.
40. "Before me a scholarly man, of European culture, head of a literary department in one of the great people who snake through the crowd, keep my head low."
- Julian Lennon
41. “It was as if the room beyond the blast furnace was a tub and someone had turned the faucets on the cold and hot running snakes.”
- Joe Hill, ‘Horns’.
42. “We must enlist our own snake and strike like a cobra against their vitals with an attack on Washington.”
- Robert E. Lee.
43. “Sometimes snakes can't slough. They can't burst their old skin. Then they go sick and die inside the old skin, and nobody ever sees the new pattern. It needs a real desperate recklessness to burst your old skin at last.”
- D H Lawrence.
44. “There is something about snakes that is so wise, they have this uncanny perfection.”
- Anton Szandor LaVey.
45. “Were you always such a snake... or did you grow into what you are?”
- Dean Koontz, ‘Odd Apocalypse’.
46. “Snakes can have dozens of young at a time, and so they are often symbols of fertility.”
- Boria Sax.
47. “The mongoose I want under the stairs when the snakes slither by.”
48. “The snake kills by squeezing very slowly. This is how the civilized world slowly, slowly pushes into the forest and takes away the world that used to be.”
- James Cameron.
49. "Hot weather brings out snakes and slaveholders, and I like one class of the venomous creatures as little as I do the other."
- Harriet Ann Jacobs.
50. "We instinctively fear snakes, but we appear not to be afraid of fast cars, which are a real danger now. This suggests our emotions were shaped by our evolutionary environment not the one we grew up in."
- Steven Pinker.
Popular Snake Quotes
We have put together a few popular snake quotes to share with you.
51. “The world of men is dreaming, it has gone mad in its sleep, and a snake is strangling it, but it can't wake up.”
- D. H. Lawrence.
52. “Today there's more fellowship among snakes than among mankind. Wild beasts spare those with similar markings.”
53. “Your life is like this snake's coils. No matter how many turns it makes, you'll end up back where you belong. With me.”
- Maria V. Snyder.
54. “When the snake decided to go straight, he didn't get anywhere.”
- William Stafford.
55. “Have you ever held a snake? They are so strong. You can see why there are so many myths about them: they are unlike any other creature.”
- Michelle Paver.
56. “When the sleeping snake is gone, then you can rest at ease.”
- Gautama Buddha.
57. “He was a poison snake, and I was another, and on such terms we pleased ourselves.”
- Madeline Miller.
58. “She snaps her fingers, and a large white snake drops from overhead and slinks its way around her shoulders. She often wears them like scarves.”
- Breeana Shields, ‘Poison's Kiss’.
59. “The hearings are just like a snake about to devour people.”
- Pat Nixon.
60. “My hike up the Snake Path at Masada was mystical. The fog rolled in, enveloping the entire mountain.”
- Richard Edelman.
61. “The snakes have their place in the agricultural economy of the village, but our villagers do not seem realize it.”
- Mahatma Gandhi.
62. “You were born with a snake in both of your fists while a hurricane was blowing.”
- Bob Dylan, ‘Jokerman’.
63. “The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
64. “You can't talk of the dangers of snake poisoning and not mention snakes.”
- C. Everett Koop.
65. "Snakes move like earth-fish inside a mountain, well away from seawater. Certain sunfish, though, turn snakes into ocean lovers."
66. "A madness of tender caressing seized her. She purred as a tiger might have done, while she undulated like a snake."
- Elinor Glyn.
67. "The kundalini energy is often compared to a snake that is coiled up. Because it is coiled up it can spring very quickly. It can jump and extend itself very far."
- Frederick Lenz.
Inspirational Snake Quotes
Snake quotes can be inspiring and life changing. Check them out.
68. “As the snake is separate from its slough, even so is the Spirit separate from the body.”
69. “Make sure you cut the grass low so the snakes show.”
- Banky W.
70. “Instead of expending time to train yourself not to be afraid of snakes, avoid them altogether.”
- Richard Koch.
71. “A snake in the grass is deadlier than a lion in a tree.”
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
72. “Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.”
– Gautama Buddha.
73. “Life's full of tricky snakes and ladders.”
- Steven Morrissey.
74. “Snake’s poison is life to the snake; it is in relation to man that it means death.”
75. “When a woman teams up with a snake a moral storm threatens somewhere.”
― Stacy Schiff.
76. “A snake will always be a snake, even if you put a chain around its neck and try to make it walk upright.”
- Lisa Alther.
77. “Life feels like a game of Snakes and Ladders, but without any ladders.”
- David Moody.
78. “For every snake, there is a ladder; for every ladder,a snake.”
- Salman Rushdie.
79. "I'm a tiger when I want love, but I'm a snake if we disagree."
- Jethro Tull.
80. “A snake knows more about what is happening around than any other creature, because it has no ears to listen to gossip only direct perception.”
- Jaggi Vasudev.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for snake quotes then why not take a look at these ['Snakes On A Plane' quotes], and animal lover quotes for more?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.