Get your dancing shoes ready, because with these songs about family, you and your kids won't be able to stop.
If you're looking for new hit songs to add to the family playlist and music to play around the house or on your next road trip, then look no further. We've got you covered with the perfect music for all of your family members.
Whether it's your mother, father, daughter, son, grandma, grandpa, or even just a close friend, they'll all find something to enjoy. From slow relaxing hits to upbeat tracks that are sure to get the whole gang dancing and having a good time, there's a song for everyone here.
If you like our article on the 100 best songs about family, why not check out our articles on [tween birthday party ideas] and [2-year-old birthday party ideas] too?
Songs About A Parent's Love
Nothing compares to the unconditional love that comes from the parental figures in our lives. Our parents are always reassuring us through hard times and giving us important life advice, and we know that no matter what differences we may have, they will always have our back at the end of the day. These are some of the most touching songs about what the love of a parent feels like that any son, daughter, mother or father can relate to.
1. 'Make You Feel My Love' by Adele.
2. 'Isn't She Lovely' by Stevie Wonder.
3. 'Let It Be' by The Beatles.
4. 'Run' by Pink.
5. 'Everything's Gonna Be Alright' by David Lee Murphy and Kenny Chesney.
6. 'Blue' by Beyonce.
7. 'Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)' by John Lennon.
8. 'Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)' by Billy Joel.
9. 'Ready, Set, Don't Go' by Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus.
10. 'Sweet Child O' Mine' by Guns N' Roses.
11. 'Never Gonna Let You Down' by Colbie Caillat.
12. 'You Will Always Be My Son' by Anthem Lights.
13. 'Butterfly Kisses' by Bob Carlisle.
14. 'You'll Be Okay' by A Great Big World.
Songs About Mom
Moms hold a very special place in all of our hearts. Any son or daughter knows how important a mother's love is. Even celebrities like Kanye West, Meghan Trainor and Christina Aguilera have been so touched by the love from their own mama that they have dedicated songs honoring her. Here's our favorite tunes that perfectly sum up how much we love our mothers.
15. 'Oh Mother' by Christina Aguilera.
16. 'Always Love My Mama' by The Intruders.
17. 'A Song For Mama' by J-Sol.
18. 'Dear Mama' by Tupac.
19. 'Mother In Law' by Ernie K Doe.
20. 'Mom' by Meghan Trainor and Kelli Trainor.
21. 'A Song For Mama' by Boyz II Men.
22. 'Hey Mama' by Kanye West.
23. 'Mamma Knows Best' by Jessie J.
Songs About Dad
We can't forget how important dads are in our lives. If you're looking for the perfect song for daddy's little girl or the perfect song for an important man in your life, we've got you covered with these heartwarming tunes about love from a father. These are the perfect hits to add to your family playlist to make sure your father or a father figure in your life is feeling the love.
24. 'Dance With My Father' by Luther Vandross.
25. 'Father Of Mine' by Everclear.
26. 'Daddy's Little Girl' by The Shires.
27. 'Daddy' by Beyonce.
28. 'I Learned From You' by Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus.
29. 'Not All Heroes Wear Capes' by Owl City.
30. 'Daddy's Hands' by Holly Dunn.
31. 'Father Figure' by George Michael.
32. 'Father's Eyes' by Eric Clapton.
Songs About Siblings
While siblings are known for endless fighting and throwing pranks on each other, growing up together also means you share a pretty special bond. This is our favorite music about sibling love that kids can relate to and dance to!
33. 'Hey Brother' by Avicii.
34. 'Sister Christian' by Night Ranger.
35. 'Hey, Soul Sister' by Train.
36. 'Come Dancing' by the Kinks.
37. 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' by The Hollies.
38. 'Sister' by Prince.
39. 'Brothers & Sisters' by Coldplay.
40. 'Oh Sister' by Bob Dylan.
41. 'What's Happening, Brother?' by Marvin Gaye.
Popular Songs About Family And Friends
These are some of the most powerful tunes that perfectly capture what love from family and friends feels like. We think that 'Because You Loved Me' by Celine Dion is the most touching song about family ever. This powerful song sums up how important family is to us through the good times and the bad times. We've also included some of our other favorite tunes that you and your family are sure to be singing at the tops of your lungs on the next family road trip.
42. 'Because You Loved Me' by Celine Dion.
43. 'You Raise Me Up' by Josh Groban.
44. 'Wind Beneath My Wings' by Bette Midler.
45. 'Fix You' by Coldplay.
46. 'You've Got A Friend In Me' by Randy Newman.
47. 'Home' by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros.
48. 'Your Song' by Elton John.
49. 'Count On Me' by Bruno Mars.
50. 'Home' by Phillip Phillips.
51. 'Lean On Me' by Bill Withers.
52. 'Stand By Me' by Ben E. King.
53. 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' by Marvin Gaye.
Disney Songs About Family
We all know Disney has amazing songs for every occasion, and their songs about family are no different. Here's our top songs about family from Disney themselves that are perfect for you and your kids to sing and dance to. From powerful songs about loved ones, to hit songs about building relationships with family and struggling to meet family expectations, Disney has you covered.
54. 'Dig A Little Deeper' by Jennifer Lewis from 'The Princess And The Frog'.
55. 'He Lives in You' from 'Lion King 2: Simba's Pride'.
56. 'We Are One' from 'Lion King 2: Simba's Pride'.
57. 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman' from 'Frozen'.
58. 'For The First Time In Forever (Reprise)' from 'Frozen'.
59. 'Remember Me' from 'Coco'.
60. 'The World Es Mi Familia' from 'Coco'.
61. 'Reflection' by Christina Aguilera from 'Mulan'.
62. 'Journey To The Past' by Liz Callaway from 'Anastasia'.
63. 'You've Got A Friend In Me' by Randy Newman from 'Toy Story'.
64. 'You'll Be In My Heart' by Phil Collins from 'Tarzan'.
65. 'We're All In This Together' from 'High School Musical'.
66. 'Where You Are' from 'Moana'.
Songs About Growing Up
Growing up can be just as scary for a parent as it is for a child. Seeing your kids grow up can be super exciting but it can also be very nerve wracking watching them leave the nest and face the big, wide world by themselves. Here's our favorite songs about what it feels like to grow up and leave home, realising how important family is in your life, and what it's like for a parent seeing their child grow up.
67. '7 Years' by Lukas Graham.
68. 'Grow As We Go' by Ben Platt.
69. 'Hand To Hold' by JJ Heller.
70. 'A Million Dreams' from 'The Greatest Showman'.
71. 'Growing Up' by Macklemore and Ed Sheeran.
72. 'When We Grow Up' by Diana Ross.
73. 'The House That Built Me' by Miranda Lambert.
74. 'Who Says You Can't Go Home' by Bon Jovi.
75. 'Don't Forget to Remember Me' by Carrie Underwood.
76. 'YOUTH' by Troye Sivan.
Songs With Family In The Title
If you're searching for the perfect song to dedicate to your family, then look no further. 'We Are Family' by Sister Sledge is our personal favorite pick for showing your family how much you love them. With an upbeat, funky vibe that is perfect for singing at the top of your lungs, your family will have a blast jamming to this song together. If you're looking for even more family songs, these are some of our other top rated hit songs with family in the title.
77. 'We Are Family' by Sister Sledge.
78. 'Keep The Family Close' by Drake.
79. 'Family Business' by Kanye West.
80. 'Family Affair' by Mary J. Blige.
81. 'Family Man' by Lily Allen.
82. 'Family Affair' by Sly & The Family Stone.
83. 'Family Is Family' by Kacey Musgraves .
Powerful Songs That Teach Important Family Lessons
Even the most perfect families have their ups and downs from time to time as they go through life together. Navigating family relationships can be a lot of work and we have all had our fair share of fights with those we love the most. From John Mayer and Pink to The Beatles and Marvin Gaye, these timeless songs sum up universal family struggles. This list of great songs teach important lessons about the issues families face, from feeling misunderstood and lonely to the importance of showing your family how much you love them.
84. 'Father And Son' by Yusuf / Cat Stevens.
85. 'All That I Got Is You' by Ghostface Killah and Mary J. Blige.
86. 'Family Portrait' by Pink.
87. 'Hey Jude' by The Beatles.
88. 'What's Going On' by Marvin Gaye.
89. 'Daughters' by John Mayer.
90. 'Teach Your Children' by Crosby Stills, Nash and Young.
91. 'Kissing Boys In The Street' by Greg Holden.
92. 'Get Along' by Kenny Chesney.
Songs About Saying Goodbye To A Loved One
Losing a close family member can be one of the hardest experiences we ever go through, but these powerful songs show us that we never truly lose our loved ones as they continue to live on in our memories. So, if you're going through a hard time and need a good song to celebrate your loved one's life, make sure to add these hit tunes to your playlist.
93. 'Memories' by Maroon 5.
94. 'In The Arms Of An Angel' by Nicholas McDonald.
95. 'Supermarket Flowers' by Ed Sheeran.
96. 'One Sweet Day' by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men.
97. 'Holes In The Floor Of Heaven' by Steve Wariner.
98. 'Only One' by Kanye West.
99. 'Everglow' by Coldplay.
100. 'See You Again' by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth.
If you enjoyed our article on the 100 best songs about family, we think you'll love our articles on [Grandparents' Day card ideas] and [Dr Seuss preschool crafts].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.