Teenage is the most formative years of a child.
It is true that a good upbringing makes an impact on our character from our childhood days. But teen years are when we really mature into a full-fledged person and get a new lease on life.
Many tend to think of teens as needlessly bratty. After all, the teenager period is hard and during much of the period, we try to adjust to the newness of everything that we face. The teenager period is a phase of immense rebelliousness. But that is because teens are confronted with the strange ways around them. At this stage of youth, they see and read everything in a new way, make up their mind about people, life, their every day occurrences, and then let themselves come to a new kind of thought about each event. Your youth is where you pick up little habits, and teenage years are where these habits form. For such tender formative years, as we leave the 'kid' status and end up in a much more different phase, it is important that a teen understands the value of this fleeting phase sincerely, but are also able to enjoy it while it lasts. This series of quotes for teens is all about the many facades of teenage experiences.
These quotes can also help someone, encouraging them to be better at what they are and put their heart into what they do! If you like these best teen life quotes, check out our [teenager quotes for parents] and ['thank you mom' quotes].
Inspirational Quotes For Teens That Will Definitely Galvanize You
The most important quotes on teen life are those that convey the value of using these ripe years to cultivate oneself as a person, and truly find your own voice. The following teenage quotes about life are all about a person becoming an individual and we know you and your kid will love them with all their heart.
1. "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
- E.E Cummings.
2. "Every teenager in the world feels like that, feels broken or out of place, different somehow, royalty mistakenly born into a family of peasants. The difference in your case is that it's true."
- Cassandra Clare.
3. "When you become a teenager, you step onto a bridge. You may already be on it. The opposite shore is adulthood. Childhood lies behind. The bridge is made of wood. As you cross, it burns behind you."
- Gail Carson Levine.
4. "Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself."
5. "We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already."
– J.K. Rowling.
6. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
– Eleanor Roosevelt.
7. "Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success."
– JK Rowling.
8. "The people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
- Steve Jobs.
9. "However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don't just give up."
- Stephen Hawking.
10. "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."
– Judy Garland.
11. "We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
- Bryan White.
12. "There is nothing noble being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."
- Ernest Hemingway
13. "One of the cruelties of teenage hood is that you'll never know what your parents were really like at your age, and they'll never accurately remember."
- Una LaMarche.
14. "Live your life like you are 80 years old looking back on your teenage years."
- Taylor Swift.
15. "How strange that the young should always think the world is against them - when in fact that is the only time it is for them. "
16. "Never dull your shine for somebody else."
- Tyra Banks.
17. "Youth comes but once in a lifetime."
- H.W. Longfellow.
18. "Children, even infants, are capable of sympathy. But only after adolescence are we capable of compassion."
- Louise J. Kaplan.
19. "We must not allow other people's limited perceptions to define us."
- Virginia Satir.
20. "Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric."
- Bertrand Russell.
Funny Teen Quotes About Life
This is a list of funny quotes about being a teen that all adolescent people would relate to. We know that teenagers might find themselves in troubled waters and feel like no one understands them, but these teenager quotes can really enrich your life and leave you wanting for more:
21. "When you are seventeen you aren't really serious."
- Arthur Rimbaud.
22. "Remember that as a teenager you are in the last stage of your life when you will be happy to hear the phone is for you. "
- Fran Lebowitz, 'Social Studies', 1981.
23. "Real teenage boys aren't like characters in the books you read. They smell funny and are obsessed with video games and say dumb things. They're still learning, just like you. "
- Stacey Jay, 'Juliet Immortal', 2011.
24. "Adolescence is just one big walking pimple."
- Carol Burnett.
25. "To an adolescent, there is nothing in the world more embarrassing than a parent."
- Dave Barry.
26. "Teenage boys, goaded by their surging hormones run in packs like the primal horde. They have only a brief season of exhilarating liberty between control by their mothers and control by their wives."
- Camille Paglia.
27. "I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights."
– Maya Angelou.
28. "Teenagers complain there's nothing to do, then stay out all night doing it."
- Bob Philips.
29. "Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth."
- Erma Bombeck.
30. "The young always have the same problem - how to rebel and conform at the same time. They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another."
- Quentin Crisp.
31. "As I've said many times, the single most oppressed class in America right now is the teenager."
- Joe Bob Briggs.
Quotes For Brave And Fiery Teenage Girls
Below are the top inspirational quotes for girls about to confront their adolescent years of intellectual and emotional growth.
32. "Well behaved women seldom make history."
- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.
33. "To all the little girls who are watching, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams."
– Hillary Clinton.
34. "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
– Margaret Thatcher.
35. "Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning."
– Gloria Steinem.
36. "...maybe it's just the genetic code of a teenager. If your parents forbid something, you have to want it."
- Brynna Gabrielson.
37. "Oh the innocent girl in her maiden teens knows perfectly well what everything means."
- D.H. Lawrence.
38. "They say it's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time."
- Tallulah Bankhead.
39. "I know for sure that what we dwell on is what we become."
– Oprah Winfrey.
40. "It's not your job to like me; it's mine."
– Byron Katie.
41. "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent."
- Madeleine Albright.
42. "I am a woman
- Maya Angelou.
43. "Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another."
- Toni Morrison.
Tantalizing Quotes For Teenagers In Love
Teenage years are also the time when you experience the first fluster of romance. The following are quotes for teens experiencing their first love.
44. "First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity."
- George Bernard Shaw.
45. "Talk not of wasted affection; affection never was wasted."
- H.W. Longfellow.
46. "The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color—oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples..."
- Anna Godbersen.
47. "Stolen kisses are always sweetest."
- Leigh Hunt.
48. "A young man loves the first woman who flatters him."
- Honore de Balzac.
49. "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance."
- Oscar Wilde.
50. "We are never so helplessly unhappy as when we lose love."
- Sigmund Freud.
51. "The first kiss can be as terrifying as the last."
- Daina Chaviano.
52. "The loss of young first love is so painful that it borders on the ludicrous."
- Maya Angelou.
53. "First love is a kind of vaccination which saves a man from catching the complaint the second time."
- Honore de Balzac.
54. "My first love is art, and I see a lot of things in an artistic way."
- Robert Carlyle.
55. "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
- Robert Fulghum, 'True Love'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for best teen life quotes then why not take a look at: [Toni Morrsion quotes], or [Alice Walker quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.