Most teenagers go through various ups and downs during their youth.
The indecisive behavior, conflicting life situations, and personality change all factor into teenage experience. This often means that they need someone to keep an eye on them so they don't get into trouble.
During the adolescent years, teens need a lot of love, support, and new information to lead the life that they want to live. A person in their youth is often confused by the many options presented to them. This is when parents come into the picture. When your child is going through a tumultuous time in their life, one of your main responsibilities is to give them time, attention, and let them know what even if everything doesn't go according to plan, you're still going to be there for them, and things will get better. You can tell them things like "I'm here for you", "I care about you", and "If you need me, I'm right here." Most teens just want to know that their parents are open to discussing their wants, needs, feelings, desires, and troubles. If you accept one aspect of their life, then they'll be willing to share other details of their lives as well. Some things that a person should avoid saying to a teenager include: "I do everything for you", "Do I have to tell you this a million times", and other statements in which you're constantly criticizing them about topics they're sensitive about. No matter how hard it might get as a parent, there will always be a silver lining, so we hope that these quotes resonate with you. We know that it's not easy to be a parent, so we've collected some quotes for you to enjoy! Here's a list of teen quotes for parents to relate to!
For more quotes, take a look at our teen life quotes and [thank you for loving me quotes].
Best Teenager Quotes
If you're looking for some really cool teen quotes, then we have the best list ready for you. Here's a list of the best teenager quotes for parents and teens. If you're a teen, then these quotes will resonate with you, and if you're a parent, they may make you remember these times during your teens.
1. "Adolescence is a new birth, for the higher and more completely human traits are now born."
- G. Stanley Hall.
2. "Teenagers today are more free to be themselves and to accept themselves."
- John Knowles.
3. "Good habits formed at youth make all the difference."
4. "I have this sense that I didn't really start growing up until my twenties."
- Winona Ryder.
5. "Teenagers. Everything is so apocalyptic."
- Kami Garcia.
6. "Remember that as a teenager you are in the last stage of your life when you will be happy to hear the phone is for you."
- Fran Lebowitz.
7. "She had been a teenager once, and she knew that, despite the apparent contradictions, a person's teenage years lasted well into their fifties."
- Derek Landy.
8. "When you are in your teenage years you are consciously experiencing everything for the first time, so adolescent stories are all beginnings. There are never any endings."
- Aidan Chambers.
9. "One of the cruelties of teenagehood is that you'll never know what your parents were really like at your age, and they'll never accurately remember."
- Una LaMarche.
10. "Teenage hearts are raw and new, fast and fierce, and they do not know their own strength. Neither do they know reason or restraint, and if you want to know the truth, a godly number of grown-up hearts never learn it."
- Catherynne M. Valente.
11. "No matter how good you are, at some point your kids are gonna have to create their own independence and think that Mom and Dad aren't cool, just to establish themselves. That's what adolescence is about. They're gonna go through that no matter what."
- Eddie Vedder.
12. "Teenage life - possibly adult life too is all about what you want and can't have. And then about what you receive and misuse."
- Jonathan Lethem.
Teen Parenting Quotes
If you're a parent, then you've come to the right place. Dealing with teens isn't easy at all, so we've made a list of quotes that convey the sentiments that all parents with teens want to express. Parents who are looking for mother and son quotes and funny parenting quotes can go through this list of teen parenting quotes and inspirational quotes for teens!
13. "When your children are teenagers, it's important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you."
- Nora Ephron.
14. "Nothing makes me more nervous than a text from my teenage son that says 'How soon will you and mom be home?"
- Travis Bone.
15. "To an adolescent, there is nothing more embarrassing than a parent."
- Dave Barry.
16. "When a child reaches adolescence, there is very apt to be a conflict between parents and child, since the latter considers himself to be by now quite capable of managing his own affairs, while the former are filled with parental solicitude, which is often a disguise for love of power."
- Bertrand Russel.
17. "Nobody ever feels they're doing well with teenagers, he said. I think that's kind of the point with them."
- Jojo Moyes.
18. "If you just watch a teenager, you see a lot of uncertainty."
- Jamie Lee Curtis.
19. "The adolescence is not only ruled by hormones, but also by the upheaval of emotions."
- Dr. Amol Annadate.
20. "Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
- Al Bernstein.
21. "Sometimes I'm left with the distinct feeling that I am outnumbered by my only child."
- Colleen Ferrary Bader.
22. "Conscious parenting is not about being perfect, it's about being aware. Aware of what your kids need from you to reach more of their full potential."
- Alex Urbina.
23. "As parents we have a tendency to overprotect; it's okay to try and show them all positives but we cannot forget that the real world has teeth."
- Johnnie Dent Jr.
Inspirational Quotes To Tell Your Teens
Here's a list of inspirational quotes for parents to tell their teens when they are in need of a little bit of motivation.
24. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
25. "Try walking forward while looking over your shoulder and see how far you get. The same goes for life. Look forward!"
- Martin Henderson.
26. "Be true to yourself....make each day a masterpiece...help others...drink deeply from good books. Make friendship a fine art. Build a shelter against a rainy day."
- John Wooden.
27. "Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent."
- Steve Martin.
28. "Don't worry about getting perfect, just keep getting better."
- Frank Peretti.
29. "Tough times never last but tough people do."
- Robert H. Schuller.
30. "Don't be afraid to speak up for yourself. Keep fighting for your dreams!"
- Gabby Douglas.
31. "Be forgiving with your past self. Be strict with your present self. Be flexible with your future self."
- James Clear.
32. "Don't compromise even if it hurts to be yourself."
- Toby Keith.
33. "Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric."
- Bertrand Russel.
34. "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."
- John Lennon.
35. "No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world."
- Robin Williams.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Teenager Quotes then why not take a look at our 'Thank You Mom' quotes, or 'Thankful Thursday' quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.