Read the following think before you speak quotes and you will see how your life can change.
We often end up using coarse words, be it to emphasize something or express strong attitudes, without intending to do any harm, but such expressions in absence of cues to the idea behind it, may be considered offensive. Hence, weighing and structuring words is of utmost significance.
Under present social conditions, with the continuous increment in hate speech, be it targeted on grounds of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or religion, these 'think twice before you speak quotes' are a pathfinder for all people to get better. People often speak very comfortably and impulsively without realizing if certain words or the way we use them have an inherent negative meaning attached to them. If such a case causes a miscommunication then it may lead to disastrous consequences. so, thinking before speaking is a necessity for people to get better at day-to-day communication.
The Fran Lebowitz quote, "think before you speak...read before you speak", sums up the need of our age in regards to the think before you speak quote. The continuous negativity in speech has ended up subjecting humankind to a vicious toxic circle, one that cannot be done away with until we speak consciously and think before we speak. The quote about thinking before you speak can help you in tough situations. If you like this article, take a look at our [think outside the box quotes] and [thought-provoking quotes].
Famous Quotes About Thinking Before You Speak
These think first before you speak quotes emphasize on the importance of measured speech and portray how insidious the effects can be by using certain words . While free speech is a choice, hate speech is an offense. And, while we cannot measure our thoughts, we surely can measure our words.
1. "Think before you speak is criticism's motto; speak before you think, creation's [motto]."
- E. M. Forster.
2. "The person who says he knows what he thinks but cannot express it usually does not know what he thinks."
- Mortimer Adler.
3. "Half of the troubles of this life can be traced to saying yes too quickly and not saying no soon enough."
- Josh Billings.
4. "It is only the young and callow and ignorant that admire rashness. Think before you speak. Know your subject."
- Cass Gilbert.
5. "You can speak well if your tongue can deliver the message of your heart."
- John Ford.
6. "Every time you speak right, you are training yourself to think right and act right."
- T. B. Joshua.
7. "Think before you speak, and don't say everything you think."
- Alexander Lebed.
8. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln.
9. "By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach."
- Winston Churchill.
10. "Speak only if it improves upon the silence."
- Mahatma Gandhi.
11. "When I get ready to talk to people, I spend two thirds of the time thinking what they want to hear and one third thinking about what I want to say."
- Abraham Lincoln.
12. "Think before you speak. Read before you think."
- Fran Lebowitz.
13. "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
- Ambrose Bierce.
14. "Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn...before you criticize, wait."
- William Arthur Ward.
15. "Let nothing be said about anyone unless it passes through the three sieves: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?"
- Amy Carmichael.
16. "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."
Quotes On The Power Of Words
While words have the miraculous power to heal, they also have the power to topple the world. We live and breathe in words. Sometimes words make us smile, sometimes they make us cry, sometimes they pierce through us to an extent that we wish to end it all. Now, herein lies the question. When should we speak and what should we say? Well, the answer lies in our thought itself. So think and let these think before you speak quotes make you reflect on the words you use and help you weigh your words before you speak.
17. "Thinking doesn't hurt...words do. Words have power to heal. Words have power to kill."
- Anna Maledon.
18. "We fail to say the right words, because we choose to say the wrong words! We choose to say the wrong words, because we fail to think of the right words!"
- Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
19. "You are master of what you say until you utter it, once you deliver it, you are its captive. Preserve your tongue as you do your gold and money. One word could bring disgrace and the termination of a bliss."
- Ali Ibn Abi Talib A.S.
20. "Our words have creative power. With our words, we can speak blessings over our future or we can speak negative things over our future."
- Joel Osteen.
21. "Your word is your wand. The words you speak create your own destiny."
- Florence Scovel Shinn.
22. "Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another."
- Napoleon Hill.
23. "Think before you speak, your words could hurt someone's feeling more than you intended it to."
- Justin Bieber.
Think Before You Speak Quotes That Will Change Your Life
These think before you speak quotes will move you and impact your vision on life, if not change it completely. In our day to day life, some people may find some words offensive while others may not find them to be so. But, the idea is to find out how and when to use words in the appropriate context. For that contemplation plays a vital role in our life. So, read out and think more.
24. "A person with a short neck shot word without measure them out, and a person with a long neck weigh their words before they shout word out!"
- Beta Metani'Marashi.
25. "The real power of silence is to keep silent. The real power of silence is in the works of silence!",
- Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
26. "Keep quiet and ponder! Speak and say something!"
- Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
27. "I always think before I speak. I always think "I think I'll speak now."
- John Alejandro King a.k.a. The Covert Comic.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for think before you speak quotes then why not take a look at [Wednesday quotes], or [weekend quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.