Anything vintage is classic and timeless.
Who does not love things that are vintage and old? Anything vintage and old stands for everlasting elegance that represents a bygone time and world.
Anything that is more than 40 years old is classed as vintage. The world of vintage stands for everything that is old and inspirational, which retains its relevance even today without colliding with the new. Our life today is shaped by many of the things and deeds of our predecessors, starting from social movements to films to fashion. The old has paved way for the new, but that does not mean that the latter does not love the former. The vintage can always be inspirational and such things that are in use today hold great value and are close to one's heart. Vintage quotes always make their importance felt even today. Thus we bring to you the best-handpicked vintage quotes to add to your repertoire.
If you liked our collection of vintage quotes, please do check out our other articles containing inspirational quotes such as [classic literature quotes] and [old soul quotes]. We hope you have liked the different kinds of vintage quotes we have carefully curated for you, starting from vintage inspirational quotes to vintage fun quotes which never get old.
Eighteenth Century Vintage Quotes
The need for change defined the 18th century and one can find multiple inspirational quotes attributed to this time. Humans started to live differently with the spread of democracy and revolution, something that was unknown earlier. Let us go through the best 18th century vintage quotes.
1. "Liberty, equality, fraternity, or death; - the last, much the easiest to bestow.”
― Charles Dickens, 'A Tale Of Two Cities'.
2. "Man is born free, yet everywhere he is in fetters [chains].”
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
3. “Peoples do not judge in the same way as courts of law, they do not hand down sentences; they throw thunderbolts. They do not condemn kings, they drop them back into the void; and this justice is worth just as much as that of the courts.”
― Maximilien Robespierre.
4. "My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
- Thomas Paine.
Inspirational Feminist Vintage Quotes
One should always remember the inspirational quotes and struggles of the early feminists. Every quote is valuable from this movement and to find inspiration we bring to you handpicked inspirational feminist vintage quotes.
5. “The true militant suffragette is an epitome of the determination of women to possess their own souls.”
- Emily Davison.
6. “Trust in God: She will provide.”
- Emmeline Pankhurst.
7. “The way to right wrongs is to turn the light of truth upon them.”
- Ida B. Wells.
8. “In the true married relationship, the independence of husband and wife will be equal, their dependence mutual, and their obligations reciprocal.”
- Lucretia Mott.
9. “Courage calls to courage everywhere, and its voice cannot be denied"
- Millicent Fawcett.
10. "I know that women, once convinced that they are doing what is right, that their rebellion is just, will go on, no matter what the difficulties, no matter what the dangers, so long as there is a woman alive to hold up the flag of rebellion."
- Emmeline Pankhurst.
11. "Any great change must expect opposition because it shakes the very foundation of privilege."
- Lucretia Mott.
1950s Quotes And Sayings
The 1950s were certainly a fun time to live in. Let us glance at many of the best vintage quotes from this period or about this period.
12. "I can't imagine there has ever been a more gratifying time or place to be alive than America in the 1950s. No country had ever known such prosperity."
- Bill Bryson.
13. "My law school class in the late 1950s numbered over 500. That class included less than 10 women."
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
14. "And I found both literature and the church very dramatic presences in the world of the 1950s."
- Thomas Keneally.
15. "I wore a coat and tie all through high school: my way of being rebellious in the late 1950s."
- Vint Cerf.
16. "But let's just say, I'm Irish. I grew up in the 1950s. Religion had a very tight iron fist."
- Liam Neeson.
Best Vintage Quotes
Vintage stands for fun, elegance, and class. Let us see the very best vintage inspirational quotes.
17. “Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.”
– Audrey Hepburn.
18. "Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world."
- Marilyn Monroe.
19. "The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don’t wear her.”
- Mary Quant.
20. "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."
- Andy Warhol.
Quotes About Vintage
A vintage quote is not only about belonging to the vintage era, but can also be about vintage itself. Let us have a look at the best vintage quotes on the vintage period.
21. "There's a vintage which comes with age and experience."
- Jon Bon Jovi.
22. "Films, photos, books, clothes, music... it's all so simple at face value, but it has the incredible power to make us nostalgic for earlier eras we never grew up in.”
- Rebecca McNutt.
23. "My personal style is a mixture of, like, girly, throwback, like retro '50s pin-ups, floral, like hippies, like anything feminine, and like flirty."
- Ariana Grande.
24. “This year’s vintage is best enjoyed this year. Let’s begin.”
― Gina Barreca.
25. "Vinyl is the real deal. I've always felt like, until you buy the vinyl record, you don't really own the album."
- Jack White.
26. "I'm a real Londoner. We have very grey weather in London, and I think it encourages a very eclectic and crazy fashion sense. I mix high-street stuff with more high-end fashion, and I love vintage."
- Emma Watson.
27. "Whose idea was it to replace the chrome knobs and push buttons on car radios with 'touch screens'?”
- Mark S. Bacon, 'Death In Nostalgia City'.
28. "I have eclectic taste, and I love vintage style mixed with glamour and old world charm."
- Sonam Kapoor.
29. "I spent my first pay check on a vintage Mercedes."
- Jennifer Aniston.
30. “The thing about being vintage is that it never goes out of fashion.”
- Anthony T. Hincks.
31. “This year’s vintage is best enjoyed this year. Let’s begin.”
- Gina Barreca.
32. "Comedy is a man's art form. It pretty much came from a time, post-World War II really - the 1950s are not really known for the subtle expressions of feminine life."
- Hannah Gadsby.
Vintage Love Quotes
Love and every love quote is something that has a timeless appeal and always stays new like a good collection of inspirational quotes. Therefore, love quotes from a vintage era still holds appeal and so let us look at some of the best vintage love inspirational quotes.
33. "To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.”
- Victor Hugo.
34. "Love is the greatest refreshment in life.”
- Pablo Picasso.
35. “Love seeketh not Itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care;
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a Heaven in Hells despair."
- William Blake.
36. "I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love, for love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith, but the faith and the love are all in the waiting."
- T.S. Eliot.
Some vintage inspirational quotes are fun to read, timeless and classic. Let us look at every classic vintage quote that we can find in this collection of inspirational quotes about things that get close to one's heart.
37. "When I think of what life is, and how seldom love is answered by love; it is one of the moments for which the world was made.”
- E.M. Forster, 'A Room With A View'.
38. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
- Mark Twain.
39. “If winter comes, can spring be far behind?”
- P.B. Shelley.
40. “Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard, are sweeter.”
- John Keats.
41. "Beauty is truth, truth beauty."
- John Keats.
Anything of vintage or retro make is timeless like inspirational quotes. Let us look such retro vintage quotes that about the old world.
42. "My advice to new artists is to embrace a broader concept of timelessness than vintage or retro."
- Brandi Carlile.
43. "I prefer the retro chic of spending Christmas just like Joseph and Mary did - traveling arduously back to the place of your birth to be counted, with no guarantee of a bed when you get there."
- Tina Fey.
44. “In the fashion industry, everything goes retro except the prices.”
- Criss Jami.
45. "I love retro culture. I love retro games; I love retro music."
- Finn Wolfhard.
46. “Retro is a symptom of a generation that is too lazy to innovate.”
- Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for vintage quotes then why not take a look at [typewriter quotes], or [old quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.