Have you ever heard the weather saying, "A sunny shower won't last an hour"?
Saying, proverbs or quotations about the weather are usually made to comment on the upcoming weather. The above example explains how the amount of moisture shining through clouds gives the sign that clouds aren't full of water, so an upcoming shower will not last for more than an hour.
Apart from knowing what the spring, autumn, summer and winter weather has in store for you, commenting on the climate with weather quotes in English can also help to build and maintain casual conversations with others, after all we all love talking about the weather! You can comment on the weather to anyone, simply state what the weather is like, and it is an easy way to start a new conversation!
Quotes about the weather can also act as an inspirational booster that makes someone feel happy about their rather long, tiring day. Be it stormy, cold, snowy, or a warm sunny day, an inspirational quote could cheer up every person's day for the better.
Check out the weather quotes below that can help you or your friend feel better about bad weather or celebrate the good weather. These storm quotes, cold weather quotes, summer quotes, and more are here to inspire you, and for more weather quotes you can check out these when it rains it pours quotes and [sun quotes].
Metaphorical Weather Quotes By Literary Scholars
Nature is but a reflection of everything that happens on the earth. Be it about trees or the heart, these metaphorical weather quotes will make you want to read more.
1. "Precipitate as weather, she appeared from somewhere, then evaporated, leaving only memory."
- Haruki Murakami, 'Dance Dance Dance', 2011.
2. "Prepare yourself so that you can be a rainbow in somebody else's cloud."
- Maya Angelou, 'Be A Rainbow In Somebody Else's Cloud'.
3. "Weather is a literary specialty, and no untrained hand can turn out a good article on it".
- Mark Twain.
4. "Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
- Oscar Wilde.
5. "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day."
- Smokey Robinson, 'My Girl', 1969.
6. "There's no such thing as good weather or bad weather. There are just weather and your attitude towards it."
- Louise Hay.
7. The sky is blue today, Max, and there is a big long cloud, and it's stretched out, like a rope. At the end of it, the sun is like a yellow hole..."
- Markus Zusak, 'The Book Thief', 2005.
8. "People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy."
- Anton Chekhov.
9. "For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To fetch one if one goes astray, To lift one if one totters down, To strengthen whilst one stands."
- Christina Rossetti, 'Goblin Market', 1865.
10. "You are so much sunshine in every square inch."
- Walt Whitman.
11. "When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thought they could be a new person."
- Aimee Friedman, 'Sea Change' 2009.
12. "Advice is like snow; the softer it falls the deeper it sinks into the mind ."
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
13. "You become the weather you live in."
- Iain Pears, 'The Portrait', 2010.
14. "It's no use being a rainbow when you live in a family of clouds."
- Anthony T. Hincks.
15. "It is impossible, to me at least, to be poetical in cold weather."
- George Eliot.
Inspirational Raining Weather Quotes To Kill The Morning Blues
Rain is one weather type that you might either find pleasant or dreadful. These weather quotes and weather the storm quotes will paint positive images of rain, so that you can find joy in a storm too.
16. "Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder."
17. "I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June."
- L.M. Montgomery, 'Anne Of The Island', 1915.
18. "You'd bring me up in conversation forever. And when it rained, I'd be the talk of the day."
- John Mayer.
19. "From where we stand the rain seems random. If we could stand somewhere else, we would see the order in it."
- Tony Hillerman, 'Coyote Waits', 2009.
20. "It is best to read the weather forecast before praying for rain."
- Mark Twain.
21. "You are the sky. Everything else – it's just the weather."
- Pema Chödrön.
22. "After three days men grow weary, of a wench, a guest, and weather rainy."
- Benjamin Franklin.
23. "The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house, all that cold, cold, wet day."
- Dr. Seuss, 'The Cat In The Hat', 1957.
24. "Don't forget: Beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies."
- Paulo Coelho.
25. "A good way to remedy a cold morning is to have a warm heart."
- Keith Wynn.
Good Weather Quotes To Start A Conversation With People Around You
A day as pleasant as a summer day can be the best start for a new conversation with random people. Check the weather quotes list below to find some inspirational quotations about weather to discuss with someone new.
26. "Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation."
- Kim Hubbard.
27. "If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm."
- Frank Lane.
28. "Summertime is always the best of what might be."
- Charles Bowden.
29. "Earth and rain, dust and desire, what mingled odor of these is not sweet?"
- Virginia Garland.
30. "Weather is always unrehearsed."
- Marty Rubin.
31. "Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."
- John Ruskin.
32. "Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart."
- Victor Hugo.
33. "Never has good weather felt so bad. Never have flowers inspired so much fear. Never has the warm caress of a sunbeam seemed so ominous."
- Joel Achenbach.
Weather Quotes That Will Offer Hope During Tough Times
Every person has his or her share of darker times. These weather quotes may help you to get through those tough days in life.
34. "But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun."
- The Beatles, 'I'll Follow The Sun', 1964.
35. "In the cold dark days of winter, dream about the flowers to get warmed up."
- Mehmet Murat İldan.
36. "One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter"
- Henry David Thoreau.
37. "When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which you can never be sure."
- Alice Hoffman, 'Here On Earth', 2013.
38. "What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness."
- John Steinbeck.
39. "I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket."
- Kellie Elmore, 'Magic In The Backyard', 2012.
40. "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy."
- William Blake.
41. "A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition."
- W. Arthur Ward.
42. "A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves."
- Marcel Proust, 'The Guermantes Way', 1920.
43. "Here comes the sun, and I say it's all right."
- The Beatles, 'Here Comes The Sun'.
44. "I'm singin' in the rain
Just singin' in the rain,
What a glorious feeling,
And I'm happy again."
- Gene Kelly, 'I'm Singing In The Rain'.
Weather Quotes About Nature And The World Around Us
Flowers, birds and animals thrive during the months of pleasant weather. The following weather quotes enhance their beauty even more.
45. "Summertime. It was a song. It was a season. I wondered if that season would ever live inside of me."
- Benjamin Alire Sáenz, 'Last Night I Sang To The Monster', 2009.
46. "And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."
- F.Scott Fitzgerald, 'The Great Gatsby', 1925.
47. "To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow."
- Audrey Hepburn.
48. "Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love - that makes life and nature harmonize."
- George Eliot, 'Letter To Miss Lewis', 1841.
49. "Learn how to read the love letters sent by the wind and rain, the snow, and the moon."
50. "Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly."
- Pablo Neruda, '100 Love Sonnets'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for inspirational weather quotes then why not take a look at these [cloud quotes], or [storm quotes] too?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.