A black sheep is someone who does not fit in with the other white sheep - the odd one out.
Whether it be 'Black Sheep' movie quotes, or being the black sheep of the family quotes - you can find the best of them here. If you enjoy reading black sheep quotes, then do take a look at unique quotes and be true to yourself quotes.
If you really like black sheep - you could watch 'Black Sheep' movie (2006) - a horror-comedy about a man with a horrible fear for sheep. Not to be confused with 'Black Sheep' (1996) - a comedy which follows a political assistant hired to prevent Mike Donnelly, the black sheep of the family, from ruining his brother's election campaign!
The Best Black Sheep Quotes
All people know what a black sheep is, but not everyone can find out what it actually means to be one. Every day, the black sheep sticks out like a sore thumb - unwanted, and uncared for. Read on for some of the best of best black sheep quotes.
1. "I'm a prodigal son. The black sheep of a white flock."
-William A. Drake
2. "I’ve always been a black sheep. That’s a hard thing to be until you find your calling in life. I was bullied a lot at school, probably because I was perceived to be different from everyone else."
3. "I feel kind of like the black sheep in Congress, but here I am."
4. "One cannot blame an organization that picks up an occasional black sheep, one only takes exception if it retains an accumulation of them."
5. "I was a black sheep, but now I'm just a goat."
6. "I was really sporty and loved singing. I started off doing musical theater. I left university to go to drama school. So I was a bit of a black sheep."
7. "I was considered the black sheep of the family, neighbours didn't want their kids playing with me."
8. "Every institution, including the judiciary has its share of black sheep and corrupt judges."
9. "I was the black sheep of the family, and my mother never really understood me."
10. "I was a bit of a humor black sheep. I would make these jokes full of irony and dark cynicism and that just didn't work when I was seven, people did not laugh."
Being The Black Sheep Quotes
The people who are the black sheep of their family - hope they can find family and community one day. They have often spoken of their experiences in the form of quotes about being the black sheep. Read on for some of the best black sheep quotes and the experience of being one.
11. "I'm a little bit more unusual so I consider myself as the black sheep."
12. "Do not cringe and make yourself small if you are called the black sheep, the maverick, the lone wolf. Those with slow seeing say that a noncomformist is a blight on society. But it has been proven over the centuries, that being different means standing at the edge, that one is practically guaranteed to make an original contribution, a useful and stunning contribution to her culture."
-Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
13. "Being a black sheep is a way I would describe myself."
14. "After all, the wool of a black sheep is just as warm.."
15. "I never really was good at being a family general man, really. I hardly ever spent any time with my mum and dad whatever, really, or brothers or sisters. We just really didn't get along. I was pretty much like the black sheep of the family, to be honest."
16. "I was always the black sheep of the family and always told that I was dumb, and I had a low IQ and did badly in school."
-Francis Ford Coppola.
17. "I hate the term black sheep, but I just felt like I wasn't keeping up. It was a subtle pressure I put on myself."
18. "Somehow I think it was declared very early on that I was the - if not the black sheep of the family, not a very good student."
19. "I'm a college dropout. My parents thought they had three respectable children, and I was the black sheep."
20. "I dug the idea that I was being perceived as the black sheep of my family, but for me, it was like, I was a rebel, and that to me was most important."
Unique Black Sheep Quotes
Black sheep quotes are about being unique - and being different. It is not always a bad thing, as one day, a black sheep just might be the winner in the race of life. Tune in for some of the most unique black sheep quotes.
21. "We're poor little lambs who've lost our way, Baa! Baa! Baa! We're little black sheep who've gone astray, Baa-aa-aa! Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree, Cursed from here to Eternity, God ha' mercy on such as we, Baa! Yah! Bah!"
22. "I always believed I was an ugly duckling in a family of swans, you know? I was such a black sheep, and it was the same way in high school... I was just kind of that awkward theater kid with a bunch of athletes... it was very 'Glee.'"
23. "Within three months I had gone from being this black sheep of the town to suddenly becoming a pop star."
24. "I have always been the black sheep of the family. I am the middle child, with an older and a younger sister."
25. "To rally every black sheep is my goal."
26. "When I was a kid I was the black sheep of the family because all my uncles and cousins were big Inter fans while I've always been Juve. In fact when I'm injured or suspended I'll be in the stands behind the goal when we're playing - in with the fans where I'm happiest."
27. "I'm the black sheep: I got into telly."
28. "When the Lord's white sheep become dirty gray, all black sheep feel more comfortable."
29. "I am the black sheep of my family. They are all super talented and intelligent and got proper jobs. Most of my family is in medicine, actually. They are all too clever to be doing what I do."
30. "I was literally the black sheep of the family, and there were definitely moments of discomfort while my grandmother was working through her racism."
31. "There is a public perception that Paris Hilton is the black sheep of the family."
32. "A black sheep is a biting beast."
33. "I'm from a family of bankers and businessmen, and here I am, the artist, the black sheep."
34. "In families children tend to take on stock roles, as if there were hats hung up in some secret place, visible only to the children. Each succeeding child selects a hat and takes on that role: the good child, the black sheep, the clown, and so forth."
35. "Education in our family was not merely emphasized, it was our raison d'etre ... In this family of accomplished scholars, I was to become the academic black sheep."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for black sheep quotes then why not take a look at [focus on yourself quotes], or ['Shaun of the Dead' quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.