Did you know that there are over 129 million books out there in the world?
While you may spend most of your time with your head buried in a book, even reading fanatics need a laugh from time to time. What better way is there to celebrate books than with a bit of book humor?
There are so many fantastic things that we love about books - and one of them is the great classic jokes about them! We've rounded up some of our favorite book, reading, and literature jokes guaranteed to make you giggle.
Clever Jokes About Books
If you enjoy a good old classic book joke, why not take a look at the hilarious ones below?
1. Why are books so afraid of their sequels? Because they always come after them!
2. What did the man say when a book fell on his head? I only have my-shelf to blame!
3. Why is a math book always unhappy? Because it has so many problems!
4. What are the hardest books that you have to force yourself to get through? Friction books!
5. Why does a ghost need so many books? Because it goes through them so quickly!
6. What do you do if your dog starts eating a book? You take the words right out of his mouth!
7. Why should you not write a book on penguins? Because writing a book on paper is so much easier!
8. Why did Shakespeare always write with a pen? Pencils were so confusing to him. 2B or not 2B?
9. How many books can you fit in an empty bag? One. After that, it's not empty!
10. Feeling cold? Get a book! You'll still be cold, but at least you'll have a book with you!
11. Why was the book about mountains so interesting? Because it had so many cliff-hangers!
12. What do you say when your thesaurus is stolen? Nothing, you'll be lost for words!
13. Why did the girl keep buying so many books? Because she had no shelf control!
14. Want to hear a joke about a book? Never mind, it's tear-rible!
15. Why are writers always cold? Because of all the drafts!
Library And Librarian Jokes
There's plenty of great library and librarian related book humor out there, see how many of the following can make you laugh.
16. What did the frog say when it went to the library? Reddit, reddit!
17. Why did the librarian get kicked off of the plane? Because it was fully booked!
18. What did the librarian say to someone who checked out over 100 books? Don't overdue it!
19. What vegetables do librarians like? Quiet peas!
20. Why did the vampire go to the library? He wanted to sink his teeth into a really good book!
21. Why didn’t the burglar break into the library? He was afraid he’d get a long sentence!
22. Where does a librarian sleep? Between the covers!
23. What does a librarian take to go fishing? Book worms!
24. What building has the most stories? The library!
Great Jokes About Reading
Reading jokes are perfect for book worms, and we've got plenty below!
25. What's the best thing to read in the woods? Poe-tree!
26. Why did the kid always sit in his wardrobe when reading a book? Narnia business!
27. Have you read the book about hands? It’s a real page turner.
28. Have you heard about the chemist who was reading a book about helium? He couldn't put it down!
29. What do planets like to read? Comet books!
30. Why did the Romanian stop reading for the night? To give his Bucharest.
31. Knock Knock!
Read Ann who?
Read Ann-y good books lately?
32. Why does an elephant use its trunk as a bookmark? So it nose where it stopped reading!
33. Do you ever feel like you spend too much time reading? Yeah, me neither!
34. Did you know that Swiss Cheese can read? Yeah, it's favorite book is the Holy Bible!
35. When is a blue book not blue? When it's read!
Funny Book Title Jokes For Kids
Enjoy these daft jokes relating to popular book titles!
36. What book did the librarian take out for her cat? The Prince and the Paw-purr.
37. What is a vampire's favorite book? Wuthering Bites!
38. What is a bee's favorite book? The Great Gats-bee!
39. What's the best book to read whilst eating breakfast? Much Ado About Muffin!
40. What's the best book for Halloween? A Midsummer's Night Scream!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.