You are truly blessed and lucky if you’re blessed with a younger or an elder sibling.
Having a sibling is one of the best feelings in the world. You’ll always have somebody to fight with, share memories with, have fun, hangout with each other, and share numerous memories with each other.
Sibling love is hard to describe in a single word. Siblings comprises love, strife, and forever friends. The brother-sister sibling relationships are very funny, too. Being brother and sister means being there for each other not only in difficult times but also in your happy times. Here are some of the funniest brother and sister quotes that everyone can relate to. Read on for captions for a sibling picture, to learn what sibling love means, to learn about the relationship of a brother and sister, quotes for sibling birthdays and brother and sister quotes when fighting.
After reading these brother and sister quotes, do check out our funny sibling quotes and [big brother quotes] as well.
Brother Sister Quotes On Sibling Love
The bond between a sister and a brother cannot be defined in words as they share endless memories with each other. Here are some of the best big brother and little sister quotes for every brother and sister out there along with interesting relationship between brother and sister quotes and brother and sister love quotes.
1. “Brother and sister, together as friends, Ready to face whatever life sends, Joy and laughter or tears and strife, Holding hands tightly as we dance through life.”
- Suzie Huitt
2. “I may fight with my siblings. But once you lay a finger on them, you’ll be facing me.”
- Abby Slater.
3. “The greatest gift our parents gave us was each other.”
4. “The advantage of growing up with siblings is that you become very good at fractions.”
- Robert Brault.
5. “My siblings are my best friends.”
- America Ferrera.
6. “They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood.”
- Karen White.
7. “Siblings-the definition that comprises love, strife, competition and forever friends.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
8. “It was wonderful to grow up with so many siblings. We were all just a year or two apart, and we were always so supportive of each other.”
- Joaquin Phoenix.
9. “Power, that’s one thing, but love of family and of siblings is more important, is more powerful than any other power – at least earthly power, at least earthly power.”
- Sander Levin.
10. “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were, we know each other’s hearts, we share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.”
- Clara Ortega.
11. “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you.”
- Carol Ann Albright Eastman.
12. “Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were.”
- Betsy Cohen.
13. “Joy and laughter. or tears and strife, holding hands tightly. as we dance through life.”
- Suzie Huitt.
14. “A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood.”
- Ann Hood.
15. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”
- Desmond Tutu.
16. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.”
- Vietnamese Proverb.
17. “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way.”
- Pamela Dugdale.
18. “In some ways, siblings, and especially sisters, are more influential in your childhood than your parents.”
- Deborah Tannen.
19. “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.”
- Maya Angelou.
20. “Back in time it seemed that having a sister was a tragedy. Instead it is one of the best presents my parents could have ever given me.”
- Sara Anzellotti.
21. “We know one another's faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws.”
- Rose Macaulay.
22. “Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends.”
- Kim Kardashian.
23. “Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love.”
- Chuck Danes.
24. “When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life.”
25. “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.”
- Marc Brown.
26. “Brothers aren’t simply close; brothers are knit together.”
- Robert Rivers.
27. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.”
- Terri Guillemets.
28. “I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister; this makes me feel that I always know where I belong.”
- Jose Carreras.
Loving Quotes For Brother And Sister
Unlike a friend or a lover or a spouse, you do not choose a sibling based on attraction or affinity. A sibling is a person with whom you must live throughout your childhood. Siblings play a unique role in one another’s lives and are always there to help each other; they play with each other, fight with each other, have fun, share their problems with each other and enjoy each other’s company. Read on for some of the best brothers and sisters quotes that all the brothers and sisters in the world will enjoy.
29. “Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.”
- Jolene Perry.
30. “My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder whose memories belong to whom.”
- Shannon Celebi.
31. “More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.”
- Linda Sunshine.
32. “A brother is a friend given by nature.”
- Jean Baptiste Legouvé.
33. “Siblings are a volume of childhood memories; a nostalgia that cannot be easily deleted.”
- Vincent Okay Nwachukwu.
34. “There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother.”
- Astrid Alauda.
35. “Be nice to your siblings, they’re your best link to your past and the most likely to stay with you in the future.”
- Baz Lurhmann.
36. “Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can.”
- Gregory E. Lang.
37. “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.”
- Jeffrey Kluger.
38. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.”
- Susan Scarf Merrell.
39. “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.”
- Wes Adamson.
40. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, and wise is the counsel of those who love us.”
- Benjamin Disraeli.
41. “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.”
- Marian Sandmaier.
42. “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.”
- Winnie The Pooh.
43. “The beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.
44. “A bond as important as that of a husband and wife, is the bond between siblings.”
- Lee Dong-Wook.
45. “As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn’t care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there.”
- Catherine Pulsifer.
46. “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident…it is to have a soulmate for life.”
- Victoria Secunda.
47. “A sister is someone, who loves you from the heart. No matter how much you argue, you cannot be drawn apart.”
- Shiv Sharma.
Sibling Quotes About Family
Family is one of the most important things in our lives. Make sure that you appreciate their presence in your life before it’s too late. Here are some of the best sibling quotes about family and love between brothers and sisters.
48. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
49. “You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family.”
- Anita Baker.
50. “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.”
- Jane Howard.
51. “The most important thing in the world is family and love.”
- John Wooden.
52. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.”
- Irina Shayk.
53. “I sustain myself with the love of family.”
- Maya Angelou.
54. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together and the music that brings harmony.”
- Eva Burrows.
55. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.”
- Barbara Bush.
56. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
57. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.”
- Anthony Brandt.
58. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.”
- Lisa Weed.
59. “Being part of a family means smiling for photos.”
- Harry Morgan.
60. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.”
- Michael J. Fox.
61. “Families are like fudge — mostly sweet, with a few nuts.”
- Les Dawson.
62. “The memories we make with our family is everything.”
- Candace Cameron Bure.
63. “In time of test, family is best.”
- Burmese Proverb.
64. “Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.”
- John C. Maxwell.
65. “Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches.”
- Wanda Hope Carter.
66. “My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me.”
- Michael Imperioli.
67. “There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues…are created, strengthened and maintained.”
- Winston Churchill.
Famous Brother And Sister Quotes
Brother and sisters annoy each other with their habits, or fun, and still choose to be together. Here are some of the famous brother and sister quotes along with funny sibling quotes that every single group of brothers and sisters will enjoy.
68. “The best thing about having four big brothers is you always have someone to do something for you.”
- Chloe Moretz.
69. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.”
- Esther M. Freisner.
70. “That’s the best part of having siblings, I laugh. Half the time, you want to kill each other, but you’d kill for each other, too.”
- L.C. Davis.
71. “Once a brother, always a brother, no matter the distance, no matter the difference and no matter the issue.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
72. “Being his real brother I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have and I do not now. I live in his glow.”
- Michael Morpurgo.
73. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.”
- Cali Rae Turner.
74. “Stop for a moment and realize how lucky you are to have one.”
- Maxime Lagacé.
75. “Every person whether he is Hindu, Muslim or Buddhist, he is my brother, my sister.”
- Mother Teresa.
76. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister.”
- Alice Walker.
77. “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother…Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.”
- Anna Quindlen.
78. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.”
- Leonardo DiCaprio.
79. “I can get another husband but never another brother.”
- Corsican Proverb.
80. “What strange creatures brothers are!”
- Jane Austen.
81. “We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let’s go hand in hand, not before one another.”
- William Shakespeare.
82. “There’s no better friend than a sister.”
- Mary Engelbreit.
83. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.”
- Marion C. Garretty.
84. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.”
- Isadora James.
85. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.”
- Carol Saline.
86. “Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that’s never lost is your sister.”
- Gail Sheeny.
87. “The bond that binds us is beyond choice. We are brothers. We are brothers in what we share.”
- Ursula K. Le Guin.
88. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.”
89. “I see a brother and sister, sitting over there together, fighting over a toy, they just can’t seem to see, their love shining through, with every smile that they bring.”
- Valerie Dupont.
90. “Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love.”
- Chuck Danes.
91. “Our brothers and sisters bring us face to face with our former selves and remind us how intricately bound up we are in each other’s lives.”
- Jane Mersky Leder.
92. “True siblings are bound together by far more essential things than blood, while more times than many blood isn’t thicker than water.”
- Constantina Maud.
93. “During life’s journey you will find most sisters and brothers are friends, companions, and support for each other.”
- Kate Summer.
94. “Siblings are branches of a tree, some stay close, some go in different directions, they fruit, grow bigger till they die and fall.”
- The Omani Shed.
Happy Sibling Quotes
No matter how much you fight with each other daily, there is no such happiness than staying with your sibling and enjoying time with them. This is the reason that brothers and sister quotes are enjoyed by everyone. Here are some of the most happy brothers and sister quotes that will make your day.
95. “Being pretty on the inside means you don’t hit your brother and you eat all your peas – that’s what my grandma taught me.”
- Lord Chesterfield.
96. “Everyone knows that if you’ve got a brother, you’re going to fight.”
- Liam Gallagher.
97. “My brother has the coolest sister. I’m just saying.”
- Leslie Nevala.
98. “Siblings often become good friends, and because they know each other so well, they can provide each other a deep sense of comfort.”
- Laura Markham.
99. “Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.”
- Dalai Lama.
100. “Growing up, I had a very normal relationship with my brother and sister. But, over time, they became my best friends, and now I hang out with them all the time. I’m very close to them.”
- Logan Lerman.
101. “From their struggles to establish dominance over each other, siblings become tougher and more resilient.”
- Adele Faber.
102. “I have a tendency to become a mother to everyone around me. My brother and sister are always complaining that I’m too protective.”
- Penelope Cruz.
103. “Sibling rivalry was, and still is to this day, rampant in my family. We were all competing for my parents’ divided attention.”
- Janine Di Giovanni.
104. “Siblings know you, better than anyone. They may not always admire you, but they’ll always be intensely interested in you.”
- Dr. Terri Apter.
105. “A sister is someone you can always count on, even if you don’t know it at the time.”
- Sally Painter.
106. “My siblings don’t look like each other, but each of them looks like me.”
- Sally Painter.
107. “Nothing in life can stop me from loving my sibling.”
- Brandy Norwood.
108. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.”
- Isadora James.
109. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.”
- Amy Li.
110. “It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea.”
- Dylan Thomas.
111. “Sometimes siblings can get in each other’s space.”
- Gisele Bundchen.
112. “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.”
- Elizabeth Fishel.
113. “There’s something about having a sibling that you know will always stick with you.”
- Bishop Briggs.
Joyful Brothers And Sisters Quotes
No matter how much siblings fight with each other and turn their backs, at the end of the day, they know that they are always going to be there for each other. This friendly fight is the source of motivation behind quotes on brothers and sisters. Here are some of the funniest brother sister quotes that all brothers and sisters will cherish.
114. “We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don’t judge.”
- Adriana Trigiani.
115. “We are part of a great whole. All living things are our brothers and sisters.”
- Kenneth Clark.
116. “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.”
- Charles Schulz.
117. “Being sister and brother means being there for each other.”
- Shelly Gb.
118. “My brother is one of my true heroes. Steady and sober where I am impulsive and emotional.”
- Mark McKinnon.
119. “I told them that anything they do for their brothers and sisters is good if they do it with a good thought.”
- Charles Manson.
120. “Sincere art brings us together, the brotherhood and sisterhood of mankind.”
- Yaroslaw Rozputnyak.
121. “Girls will be your friends – they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends.”
- Marilyn Monroe.
122. “He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.”
- Gregg Levoy.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created some of the interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestion for brother and sister quotes, then why not have a look at [brotherhood quotes], or sisterhood quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.