Riddles are a fantastic way to encourage creative thinking and to test your brain power.
Car riddles are especially brilliant if your kids love their cars and are up for a challenge. We've rounded up 22 of our favorite car-themed riddles for you to share with friends and family that will drive you into fits of laughter and make sure you put in a wheely good effort!
Give them a go with the kids, let them take a guess, and see how many you manage to solve!
Easy What Am I Car Riddles For Kids
Perfect for younger kids, these simple 'What Am I?' car-related riddles are so much fun. See if you can find all of the correct answers!
1. Though I’m not an elephant, I am something with a trunk, if I get old and rusty, you might sell me off as junk. What am I? Answer: A car.
2. I am a word that is spelled the same both forward and backward. I drive very fast. What am I? Answer: Racecar!
3. If you ever want one of these, then a license you must get, this transport’s spelled with three letters, but it isn’t called a jet. What am I? Answer: A car.
4. A thousand wheels, but move I do not. Call me what I am, call me a lot. What am I? Answer: A car parking lot.
5. Controlled by your hands and feet, I would be nothing without a street. What am I? Answer: A car!
6. This is a type of vehicle, which is sometimes a sedan, there’s an SUV or hatchback, and sometimes a minivan. What am I? Answer: A car.
7. I’m a three-letter word, that can get you very far, as I have four wheels, which means that I am a? Answer: Car.
Complex Car Riddles
If you'd like to take a guess at some more difficult riddles, have a go at the ones below and see how many you can solve!
8. What goes with a car, comes with a car, has no use to a car, but the car cannot move without it? Answer: Noise!
9. A man is wearing all black clothing. Black shoes, socks, trousers, jumper, and gloves. He is walking down a black street with all the street lamps turned off. A car is coming towards him with its lights off but somehow manages to stop in time. How is this possible? Answer: It's day time!
10. A man is driving a car and suddenly hits the brakes. He sees three doors in front of him, one gold, one silver, and one bronze. Which door does he open first? Answer: His car door!
11. How many wheels should a car have at all times? Answer: Five. Four to drive on, and the steering wheel.
12. Two people were driving the same type of car. The first was going at a speed of 100mph, and the other 40mph. The car going 40 mph passes the car going 100 mph. How is this possible? Answer: They were driving the opposite way, towards each other.
13. You are locked inside a car with nothing but a baseball bat. How do you get out? Answer: By unlocking the car, of course!
14. What has four wheels and flies? Answer: A car full of trash!
15. What has three letters and starts with gas? Answer: A car.
16. A man bought a car for $10,000 dollars, but he didn't have to pay a cent. How did he do it? Answer: He didn't have to pay a cent, he had to pay $10,000.
17. Sarah is listening to the radio, when suddenly it stops playing. Nobody has touched it. A few seconds later, it begins to play again. What happened? Answer: Sarah was driving her car through a tunnel.
18. A father and a son were involved in a car accident. They were both taken to separate hospitals. When the son arrived at his hospital, the doctor there said: "I can't operate on him, this is my son!" How is this possible? Answer: The doctor was his mom!
19. Four cars come to a four way stop, all coming from different directions. They aren’t able to decide who gets to go first, so they all move forward at the same time. They don't crash into each other, but all four cars went. How did this happen? Answer: All of the cars made right turns!
20. A man pushes his car in front of a hotel. He immediately goes bankrupt. How is this possible? Answer: He's playing Monopoly.
Rachel grew up in Switzerland and currently lives in north-west London. She is an avid reader, writer, and a real foodie and loves discovering new hotspots and trendy places to go in the city. She also enjoys planning days out for her family, she especially loves taking her little cousins swimming and to the park. When she has some free time she loves going to concerts, baking, or visiting her family at their home in Essex. She can sometimes be found travelling a bit further than Essex and loves meticulously planning and researching a trip before heading off to explore new places in Europe and further afield.