Car lovers won't be able to get enough of this great list of trivia on cars.
All petrolheads love to explore the world of cars, and what better way is there to explore the car world than by taking up some fun car quizzes? That is why we have put together this great list of care trivia questions to test your knowledge.
Do you think you are a real car enthusiast? Do you love the sound of the engine? Take these trivia questions about cars and see how many you can get correct! For more fun trivia, you can also check out our rocks trivia and science trivia too.
Classic Car Trivia For Petrolheads
Cars have always been exquisite. Ever since the invention of cars, they have fascinated car lovers and brightened their world. Since you are here, this already means that you want to explore the world of cars, so take this classic cars quiz and see if you can get the correct answers.
1. Question: What liquid substance, invented in 1926, is used in a car's cooling system?
2. Question: What is a slang term describing putting tire chains on a truck?
Answer: Put on the iron.
3. Question: Which car company uses the tagline "The ultimate driving machine"?
4. Question: Which subsidiary of General Motors established in 1985 was discontinued in 2010?
5. Question: What car company came out with the RX-8 in 2004?
6. Question: What is Jaguar's first all-electric car model called?
7. Question: What is the ability to shift from two-wheel drive to four-wheel drive while the vehicle is moving called?
Answer: Shift on the fly.
8. Question: What car manufacturer makes the Altima?
9. Question: What size wheels come on a 2020 Tesla 3 Performance model?
Answer: 20 inch wheels.
10. Question: In the car industry what do the initials BMW stand for?
Answer: Bavarian Motor Works.
11. Question: What is the name of the sport hybrid coupe that Honda began producing in 2010?
12. Question: What year was the first Mercury Cougar made?
13. Question: Who was responsible for the introduction of the Ford Mustang in 1964?
Answer: Lee Iacocca.
14. Question: Chevrolet took its name from a French race car driver. What was Mr. Chevrolet's first name?
15. Question: What type of car did Starsky and Hutch drive?
Answer: Gran Torino, fitted with standard 351 Windsor V-8 engines, dual racing mirrors and deluxe bumpers.
16. Question: What was the first Japanese car to be introduced in the United States?
Answer: Honda Accord was first Japanese car introduced in the United States.
17. Question: Which animal is on the Porsche logo?
Answer: A horse. The logo, taken from Stuttgart's Coat of Arms, represents the stud farm on which the city was built.
18. Question: How many parts does an average car have?
Answer: On average cars have 30,000 parts.
The Best 'Firsts' Car Trivia Game
These 'firsts' car quiz questions and answers are really exciting and informative. Car lovers will love these famous 'firsts' automobile trivia questions that will ramp up their knowledge about cars. How many of these 'firsts' car trivia quiz questions can you answer correctly?
19. Question: Which was the first mass produced car?
Answer: Ford Model T was the first mass produced car.
20. Question: In which year was the diesel engine first introduced?
21. Question: Which was the first car to break 100 bhp?
Answer: SSC Ultimate Aero.
22. Question: Which was the first car to use active aerodynamics?
Answer: Porsche’s Group B rally efforts.
23. Question: Which were the first cars with four-wheel drive?
Answer: Jensen FF, introduced in 1966.
24. Question: Which was the first car to break the sound barrier?
Answer: Thrust SSC was the first car to break the sound barrier.
25. Question: The world's first speeding ticket was issued in which year?
26. Question: How much did the first Ford Mustang cost?
Answer: The first Ford Mustang was worth $2,368.
27. Question: The first documented car accident was in which year?
28. Question: What was the first car to go over 100 mph?
Answer: A 90hp Napier owned by S.E. Edge.
29. Question: Who won the first ever FIA F1 Grand Prix?
Answer: Giuseppe Antonio 'Nino' Farina.
30. Question: Which was the first automobile company to provide seat belts as an option?
Answer: Nash Motors Company, a United States based automobile manufacturer was the first to offer seat belts.
31. Question: Which was the first car to get laser beam headlights?
Answer: BMW i8.
32. Question: Adaptive cruise control was incorporated in which automobile first?
Answer: Mitsubishi Diamante.
33. Question: When were car radios first introduced?
34. Question: Which was the first automobile with active four-wheel steering?
Answer: The 1988 Honda Prelude.
35. Question: Who developed the world's first car?
Answer: Karl Benz.
36. Question: Where was Toyota's first factory built?
Answer: Toyota's first factory was built in Koromo-cho.
37. Question: What was the first car made by Henry Ford?
Answer: Ford Quadricycle Runabout.
38. Question: In which year was the Chevrolet Corvette first introduced?
Answer: The Chevrolet Corvette was first introduced in 1953.
39. Question: Which was the first car to be launched into space?
Answer: The Tesla Roadster.
Honda Accord Quiz Questions
The Honda Accord which has been known as the Honda Inspire in Japan for years was first car manufactured by Honda in 1976. It is best known for its four-door sedan model, which has been one of the best-selling cars in the USA. Try out this Honda Accord trivia set of questions to find out more about this popular car model!
40. Question: Which country is the Honda Accord from?
Answer: Honda Accord is a Japanese automobile model.
41. Question: In which year was the first Accord model produced?
Answer: In 1976, the first Accord was produced.
42. Question: How big was the original Accord engine?
Answer: The original Accord engine was a 1.6l four-cylinder engine.
43. Question: In which year did Honda reveal Accord's first V6 engine?
44. Question: What does the Accord engine reflect?
Answer: Honda's mission statement: the desire for accord and harmony between people, society, and automobiles.
Rolls Royce Questions And Answers
Next, we have put together some great Rolls Royce questions and answers for all classic car fans out there. Rolls Royce is a British luxury automobile manufacturer, a subsidiary of the German group BMW, which was first established in the year 1906. Their top models include the Phantom, Ghost and Cullinan, among others. Take these car trivia questions and answers to see how you roll with our Rolls Royce trivia.
45. Question: In which year was the Phantom first produced?
Answer: In 2003, the four door Phantom sedan was first produced for sale.
46. Question: In which country are the most Rolls Royce products manufactured?
Answer: Indianapolis, USA.
47. Question: How much horsepower did the first Rolls have?
Answer: 10 HP.
48. Question: Who can get a Phantom 4 model?
Answer: Only royals.
49. Question: What is the Rolls Royce hood ornament called?
Answer: The Spirit of Ecstasy.
Ford Fun Quiz Questions
The Ford Motor Company which is commonly known as Ford, is a United States-based four-wheeler company founded by Henry Ford in 1963. Ford has had a massive fan following ever since its advent and a lot has happened over the years to the brand. The company turned out to be a massive hit, after starting out as Ferrari's rival. True fans of the car brand will definitely get these Ford quiz questions right, so can you 'afford' to take this Ford fun car trivia quiz?
50. Question: Which car sold more than one million units in 1965 setting a record?
Answer: Ford Thunderbird.
51. Question: In which movie did Ford feature against a rival company?
Answer: The movie 'Ford vs Ferrari'.
52. Question: In 1920, which Ford model made up half the world's cars?
Answer: Ford Model T.
53. Question: What is the Model T's other name?
Answer: Tin Lizzie.
54. Question: Which model replaced Ford's Model T?
Answer: Model A.
55. Question: Which is one of the best selling vehicles of Ford?
Answer: Ford F-Series trucks.
Mercedes Benz Trivia Questions
Founded by Karl Benz, the Mercedes Benz brand saw worldwide growth and gained immense popularity. This question and answer quiz will be a test for any true Merc fan!
56. Question: Mercedes Benz was invented by whom?
Answer: Karl Benz.
57. Question: The name Mercedes was named after whom?
Answer: Emil Jellinek's daughter Mercedes.
58. Question: What is the Mercedes logo?
Answer: A three pointed star.
59. Question: In which year did the company make its first electric vehicle?
Answer: In 1906.
60. Question: The company's first automobile was test-driven by whom?
Answer: Karl Benz's wife.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quizzes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for car trivia then why not take a look at our James Bond trivia, or American trivia for more?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.