Did you know that messages from the human brain travel along nerves at up to 200 miles an hour?
Or that the human body is composed of trillions of cells, each with their own special function? Biology is the fascinating study of life and living organisms, a science that really helps us to understand the structures, processes, growth, origins, and evolution of humans, plants, and animals.
You may be currently studying the topic, or maybe you're interested in becoming a biologist yourself. Either way, while biology is definitely a matter to take seriously, there is also plenty of light and funny things that we can take from it, such as these puns!
We've rounded up our favorite 30 down below that will get you giggling and may even help you learn something. Why not try them out on your classmates, friends, or even your teacher?
If you'd like to learn a funny scientist pun or two, take a look at our list below!
1. When a biologist wants to impress someone, they wear designer genes.
2. When biologists need to repair something at their house, they study homology.
3. Biologists can also be great philosophers. They give fantastic life lessons.
4. A dog and a marine biologist are quite similar. One wags a tail, and the other tags a whale!
5. Biologists love to play musical instruments. Organs are their favorite!
6. The biology teacher is very popular at school. He's a fungi.
Cell & DNA Puns
You may be surprised to learn that some of the funniest puns can be based on something that fills our whole bodies - check them out!
7. If you've ever wondered how biologists contact each other, they use their cell-phones!
8. ... They also take cell-fies!
9. My biology teacher decided to create vocal cords with stem cells. The results really speak for themselves.
10. I’ve never been a very good swimmer, my DNA almost drowned in its gene pool.
11. Two blood cells met and fell in love. Sadly, it was all in vein.
12. It's impossible for plants to escape from jail. There's a wall around their cell!
13. A cell stepped on her sister's toe. The sister said, "Ouch, mitosis!"
Classic Biology Puns
If science puns are your thing, you may just love these funny biology-related ones below. Who knows, you may even learn some cool science words!
14. Biology is the only science where multiplication is the same thing as division.
15. Do you see that scary gang over there? Their leader is called the Nucleus!
16. If someone wants to hear a potassium joke, just say 'K'.
17. I know some great biology puns, but you'll have to dissect them to understand them.
18. Biology is really important. It's a matter of life and death.
19. This Biology pun is so funny, you'll be laughing your genes off!
20. If blood could have one message for the world, it would B positive!
21. If you've visited many countries or speak many different languages, you must be a man of many cultures!
22. That's DJ Enzyme. He always breaks it down!
23. Microorganisms are so hipster. They were evolving on earth before it was cool!
24. Tomorrow we're going to be studying mitosis. I'll be needing your undivided attention.
25. That girl is really worried about her biology test. Her nervous system is acting up.
26. You shouldn't be worried if you get a B for your biology practical. It's much easier to dissect a frog!
27. When a plant is sad, all of its plant friends photosympathize with it!
28. Ants never get sick. They have little anty bodies.
29. We be-lung together. Aorta tell you that I love you!
30. There's a big difference between male and female anatomies. A vas deferens, you could say.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.