It is said that pearl is the queen of all gems.
This is indeed true because, unlike other gems, pearls are found at the base of the sea. They are formed by the natural process inside oysters and require no special polishing.
The chances of finding a pearl are extremely rare. Hence, if you manage to find one you have great luck. Pearls are known to add grace and elegance. Traditionally, they speak volumes about the choice and refined taste of a woman when it comes to maintaining herself. In this article, you will find quotes about how pearls are made and the way they add that extra to the ordinary along with other interesting pearls quotes.
Best Quotes On Pearls
Every jewelry is precious, but pearls top the list. You can find the best jewelry quotes on pearls here.
1. "The pearl is the queen of gems and the gem of queens."
- Grace Kelly.
2. “Coco Chanel used to talk about wearing more than one string of pearls. Why wear one if you can wear two, or something to that effect."
- C. JoyBell C.
3. "With short hair you begin to crave pearl necklaces, long earrings, and a variety of sunglasses. Short hair removes obvious femininity and replaces it with style."
- Joan Juliet Buck.
4. "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."
- Vincent Van Gogh.
5. "As the pearl ripens in the obscurity of its shell, so ripens in the tomb all the fame that is truly precious."
- Walter Savage Landor.
6. "The rarest things in the world, next to a spirit of discernment, are diamonds and pearls."
- Jean De La Bruyere.
7. "No good poem, however confessional it may be, is just a self-expression. Who on earth would claim that the pearl expresses the oyster?"
- C. S. Lewis.
8. "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
- John Steinbeck.
9. "Value them; they are pearls of great price."
- P. C. Cast.
10. "People imagine I am always in a Bentley with pearls and diamonds and black glasses and Karl Lagerfeld next to me."
- Ines de La Fressange.
11. "It is no more easy to make a good picture than it is to find a diamond or a pearl. It means trouble and you risk your life for it."
- Vincent Van Gogh.
12. “I favor pearls on screen and in my private life.”
- Grace Kelly.
13. "I dream a world... where wretchedness will hang its head and joy, like a pearl, attends the needs of all mankind. Of such I dream, my world!"
- Langston Hughes.
14. "Moderation is the silken string running through the pearl chain of all virtues."
- Joseph Hall.
15. "Dive into the sea of thought, and find there pearls beyond price."
- Moses Ibn Ezra.
16. "Contentment is a pearl of great price."
- John Balguy.
17. "I like the laughter that opens the lips and the heart, shows at the same time the pearls and the soul."
- Victor Hugo.
18. "To the seeker after pearls, silence is a speaking argument, for no breath comes forth from the diver of the sea."
- Saib Tabrizi.
19. "A word of kindness is seldom spoken in vain, while witty saying are as easily lost as the pearls slipping from a broken string."
- George D. Prentice.
20. "At the moment our rational mind stops, hits against a wall... something else happens. And a bigger mind, like a pearl, rolls in a silver bowl."
- Natalie Goldberg.
21. "If diving once does not bring you pearls, you need not therefore conclude that the sea is without them."
22. "There is no irritant as painful as an ace up your sleeve that you can never use; it's the kind of thing that causes oysters to produce pearls."
- Sheila Ballantyne.
23. "Like falling stars from the universe we are hurled down through the long loneliness of the world. Until we behold the pain, become the pearl."
- Emmylou Harris.
24. "And we laughed, at the world. They can have their diamonds, And we'll have our pearls."
- Jill Sobule.
25. "Universally, the better gold the worse man. The political economist defies us to show any gold mine country that is traversed by good roads, or a shore where pearls are found on which good schools are erected."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Inspiring Quotes About Pearls And Beauty
Read ahead for inspiring quotes about pearls and friendship. These pearls quotes are really beautiful and when you read these pearl quotes, it might make you feel rich just like a pearl necklace!
26. "I feel undressed if I don't have my pearls on. My pearls are my security blanket."
- Sarah Churchill.
27. "The mind must be allowed to settle undisturbed over the object in order to secrete the pearl."
- Virginia Woolf.
28. "God changes caterpillars into butterflies, sand into pearls and coal into diamonds using time and pressure. He's working on you, too."
- Rick Warren.
29. "All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography."
- Federico Fellini.
30. "If all the circumstances of acting are made too easy, then there's no grain of sand to make the pearl."
- Peter Sarsgaard.
31. "Collect as precious pearls the words of the wise and virtuous."
- Abdelkader El Djazairi.
32. "Talent, and genius as well, is like a grain of pearl sand shifting about in the creative mind. A valued tormentor."
- Truman Capote.
33. "Pearls don't lie on the seashore. If you want one, you must dive for it."
- Chinese Proverb.
34. "The pearl whose possession separates man from beast, the pearl which is the rarest find - the best among virtues - is forgiveness."
- Kedar Joshi.
35. "The world is your oyster. It's up to you to find the pearls."
- Chris Gardner.
36. "My role in life is that of the grain of sand to the oyster-it irritates the oyster and out comes a pearl."
- Ross Perot.
37. "There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments. It's a moral obligation to dig deep and find that little glimmer of hope or pearl of wisdom."
- Andrea Pirlo.
38. "Real friendship, like real poetry, is extremely rare - and precious as a pearl."
- Tahar Ben Jelloun.
39. "We follow a path of discovery, strung like pearls on a thread of curiosity, lending richness to our work."
- James Krenov.
40. "We girls aren't supposed to fall for the good boys. We are supposed to like a bit of grit in our oyster. That's how you get a pearl, after all."
- James Lovegrove.
41. "Impressions are like pearls; ideas are like the string that turns the pearls into a necklace. The string is invisible, but it is not dispensable and cannot be broken."
- Mu Xin.
42. "For in my nature I quested for beauty, but God, God hath sent me to sea for pearls."
- Christopher Smart.
43. "I am in every religion as the thread through a string of pearls. Wherever you see extraordinary holiness and extraordinary power raising and purifying humanity, know thou that I am there."
- Swami Vivekananda.
Funny Beauty And Pearls Quotes
Here you can read some hilarious pearls quotes.
44. "He who would search for pearls must dive below."
- John Dryden
45. "A woman needs ropes and ropes of pearls."
- Coco Chanel.
46. "A painting means as much to you as a string of pearls to an ape."
- Paul Scofield.
47. “At the edge of madness you howl diamonds and pearls.”
48. "Give all your pearls, and the swine will make a pearl necklace, then run off. Don't show all your glory."
- Anthony Liccione.
49. "So far no chemist has ever discovered exchange-value either in a pearl or a diamond."
- Karl Marx.
50. "Frog or pearl, life hid something at the bottom of the cup."
- Mary Butts.
51. "There's one thing that always interests me about you good people, not your certainty that the rest of us are bad, - no doubt we are, - but your certainty that your opinions are pearls."
- Margaret Deland.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for pearl quotes then why not take a look at [quotes about intelligence], or [quotes on individuality].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.