Enjoying Christmas movies with the family is the perfect festive activity.
But are your family true Christmas movie experts? Test your knowledge with this Christmas movie trivia game, full of fun trivia questions about Christmas!
Easy Christmas Movies Trivia
Simple questions on classic Christmas based movies for you.
1. Question: How many ghosts show up in 'A Christmas Carol'?
2. Question: In the movie 'Elf', was is the first rule of the Code of Elves was?
Answer: To treat every day like Christmas.
3. Question: How old was Kevin McCallister in 'Home Alone'?
Answer: Eight years old.
4. Question: Who won an Academy Award for playing Santa Claus in 'Miracle On 34th Street'?
Answer: Edmund Gwenn.
5. Question: What is the name of the last ghost that visits Scrooge in 'A Christmas Carol'?
Answer: The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come.
6. Question: Name the movie released in 1947 and 1994 in which the protagonist does not believe in Santa Claus.
Answer: 'Miracle On 34th Street'.
7. Question: What were the people called who took care of the young Grinch?
Answer: The Old Biddies.
8. Question: How did the Grinch come to Whoville?
Answer: On a basket.
9. Question: Can you name Rudolph's girlfriend in the animated version of 'Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer'?
10. Question: Who voiced the Grinch in 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' (1966)?
Answer: Boris Karloff.
Classic Christmas Movie Trivia
This list of classic Christmas trivia with answers will test your memory...
11. Question: What was the name of Rudolph’s elf friend in the movie 'Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer'?
12. Question: What year was the original 'Miracle On 34th Street' film released?
13. Question: Who is put on trial in 'Miracle On 34th Street'?
Answer: Santa Claus.
14. Question: Name the antagonist in the movie 'A Christmas Carol'.
Answer: Ebenezer Scrooge.
15. Question: What character does Bing Crosby play in 'White Christmas'?
Answer: Captain Bob Wallace.
16. Question: What is the name of the magician's name in 'Frosty The Snowman'.
Answer: Professor Hinkle.
17. Question: Where did the 1942 film 'Holiday Inn' take place?
Answer: Midville, Connecticut.
18. Question: In the movie 'Elf', how does Buddy get to the North Pole?
Answer: He hides in Santa’s sack.
19. Question: What are the names of the neighbors in 'Christmas Vacation'?
Answer: Todd and Margo Chester.
20. Question: What is the full name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in 'It’s A Wonderful Life'?
Answer: Clarence Odbody.
Christmas Pop Culture Trivia
Here's a Christmas movie trivia quiz based on pop culture around Christmas. Let's play.
21. Question: In 'The Christmas Story' what does Ralphie receive from his aunt as a gift?
Answer: A pink bunny suit.
22. Question: Name the Christmas movie about a family who has not celebrated Christmas for 10 years.
Answer: 'A Christmas Visitor'.
23. Question: Who voiced the character of the conductor in 'The Polar Express'?
Answer: Tom Hanks.
24. Question: In 'It's A Wonderful Life', which movie was playing at the theater in Bedford Falls?
Answer: 'The Bells Of St. Mary's'.
25. Question: Who said the line, "I made my family disappear” in 'Home Alone'.
26. Question: What was the name of Santa’s super-sled engine in 'Elf'?
Answer: The Kringle 3000.
27. Question: What gift does Cindy Lou give to Max in the 2000 movie 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas ?
Answer: A plate of green eggs and ham.
28. Question: Finish the line from 'It's A Wonderful Life', "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his _____".
29. Question: What did the little lady want for Christmas in 'Miracle On 34th Street'?
Answer: A house.
30. Question: Who played a fake Santa and hid a piece of meat under his dirty beard in the 1983 classic comedy 'Trading Places'?
Answer: Dan Aykroyd.
Name That Christmas Movie Quiz
We have lots of questions with hints and facts on Christmas movies here. Can you name the movie in each of these questions?
31. Question: Name the movie where a woman hits a man in a bike accident and puts him into a coma. This movie also features a dog.
Answer: 'A Gift To Remember'.
32. Question: What is the name of the Christmas romantic comedy that stars Steve Lund in the role of Riley?
Answer: 'Christmas Incorporated'.
33. Question: Name the movie with characters Ryan, Sean and Mia that was released in 2013.
Answer: 'Finding Christmas'.
34. Question: Name the action movie franchise which was set around the theme of Christmas.
Answer: The 'Die Hard' franchise.
35. Question: Name the movie on which the movie 'Scrooged' is based on.
Answer: 'A Christmas Carol'.
36. Question: Which 1984 film was banned for portraying Santa Claus as a killer?
Answer: 'Silent Night, Deadly Night'.
37. Question: Name the movie which was released as a cartoon first, then a movie that starred Jim Carrey.
Answer: 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas'.
38. Question: In which movie does Billy Bob Thornton appear as a not-so-savory Santa Claus impersonator?
Answer: 'Bad Santa'.
39. Question: Question: What is the Christmas movie where the story revolves around a newly married couple in a blended family?
Answer: 'Our First Christmas'.
40. Question: Which Christmas movie stars Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye?
Answer: 'White Christmas'.
'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' Movie Trivia
Can you answer these Christmas movie questions all about the Grinch? Let's find out.
41. Question: Who plays the Grinch in the movie 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas'?
Answer: Benedict Cumberbatch.
42. Question: Why does the Grinch hate Christmas?
Answer: He didn't like people, and Christmas made people happy.
43. Question: Complete the Grinch's line: "It's because I'm _____ isn't it?".
44. Question: Who is the Grinch's crush?
Answer: Martha May Whovier.
45. Question: What is the Grinch's dog's name ?
46. Question: What award does the Grinch win?
Answer: Holiday Cheermeister Award.
47. Question: Name two people who feel bad for the Grinch.
Answer: Cindy Lou Who and Martha May Whovier.
48. Question: Who goes with the Grinch to the top of Mount Crumpit after stealing presents from Whoville?
49. Question: Where does the Grinch live?
Answer: Mount Crumpit.
50. Question: Who directed the movie 'How The Grinch Stole The Christmas'?
Answer: Ron Howard.
Hallmark Movie Trivia
Still looking for more quizzes full of Christmas movie trivia with answers? Let's play!
51. Question: Name the Christmas movie about a hotel maid who was fired from her job.
Answer: 'Crown For Christmas'.
52. Question: Which movie revolves around the story of a girl asking Santa for a boyfriend on Christmas?
Answer: 'A Boyfriend For Christmas'.
53. Question: Which Christmas movie portrays the story of an army Sergeant serving in Afghanistan getting an unexpected gift?
Answer: 'The Christmas Card'.
54. Question: The movie features a young event planner in New York and stars Jessica Lowndes and Michael Rady.
Answer: 'Christmas At Pemberley Manor'.
55. Question: Name the Christmas movie that stars the father and daughter duo, Greg and Briana Evigan.
Answer: 'Once Upon A Holiday'.
56. Question: Name the Hallmark movie which tells the story of a young boy helping Santa in his busiest month of the year.
57. Question: Which movie was inspired by another movie by Richard Paul Evans?
Answer: 'The Mistletoe Inn'.
58. Question: What is the name of the male actor from the movie 'Mistletoe Over Manhattan'?
Answer: Tedde Moore.
59. Question: Name the Christmas movie that stars Mark Anton and Jennifer Notas Shapiro.
Answer: 'Christmas Encore'.
Name The Movie Characters Trivia
Here is another obscure Christmas trivia quiz, have a go to test your knowledge of different movie characters.
60. Question: What is the name of Kevin's neighbor in 'Home Alone'?
Answer: 'Old Man' Marley.
61. Question: Who is the only movie character in 'Krampus' to call the protagonist Krampus by his name?
Answer: Omi Engel (Grandma).
62. Question: In the movie 'The Christmas Story', what was Ralphie's father referred to as?
Answer: The Old Man.
63. Question: This movie is the story of pop star Adelaide Kay who runs away from her controlling manager. Name the movie.
Answer: 'A Song For Christmas'.
64. Question: What is Ralphie’s younger brother’s name in the movie 'A Christmas Story'?
65. Question: What is the name of the character played by Tim Allen in movie 'The Santa Clause'?
Answer: Scott Calvin.
66. Question: Name the movie character that was played by actor Rachel Boston in 'A Rose For Christmas'.
67. Question: Name the 'Cheers' actor who narrated many Disney Christmas classics.
Answer: Kelsey Grammer.
68. Question: What character does Jesse Metcalfe play in the movie 'Christmas Next Door'?
Answer: Eric Randall.
69. Question: What are the sisters' names in the movie 'White Christmas'?
Answer: Beth and Judy.
'The Polar Express' Movie Trivia
Here are some Christmas movie trivia questions from the 'The Polar Express' just for you!
70. Question: What did Santa gift the boy in 'The Polar Express'?
Answer: A bell.
71. Question: What letter is punched on Hero Boy's ticket?
72. Question: True or false? Tom Hanks voices multiple characters in the film.
73. Question: What was the name of the protagonist of the film?
Answer: It is never mentioned.
74. Question: What drink does the girl take to Billy in the back car?
Answer: Hot chocolate.
75. Question: When did the train arrive at the boy's house?
76. Question: Where was Sarah, the protagonist's sister when the train arrived?
77. Question: How did the protagonist lose the bell?
Answer: His pocket had a hole through which the bell dropped.
78. Question: Who does the bell ring for?
Answer: The bell rings for those who believe.
79. Question: True or false? The movie was Castle Rock's first animated film.
'Home Alone' Movie Trivia
Here are some more Christmas movie trivia questions from the movie 'Home Alone' to test your knowledge.
80. Question: Where does Kevin's family go for their Christmas vacation?
81. Question: What name do the two robbers give themselves?
Answer: Wet Bandits.
82. Question: When was the first movie of the franchise released?
83. Question: Why did the Mcallisters oversleep?
Answer: Because their alarm clocks were reset.
84. Question: What does Kevin accidentally steal from the store?
85. Question: What food does Kevin order for takeout delivery?
86. Question: What was the burglars' calling card?
Answer: Leaving water running.
87. Question: For how many years was the movie a Guinness World Record holder?
Answer: 25 years.
88. Question: True or False? The movie is based on a true story.
89. Question: What kind of music did Kevin's mother listen to while travelling?
'The Santa Clause' Movie Trivia
Some of the best holiday movie trivia questions can be found among these 'The Santa Clause' movie trivia questions!
90. Question: How many movies were released in the 'Santa Clause' franchise?
91. Question: What number does the elf punch into the 'North Pole' keypad?
92. Question: Scott's company make a hugely successful doll. What is the doll's name?
Answer: Do it all for you dollie.
93. Question: Who is the villain in 'The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause'?
Answer: Jack Frost.
94. Question: What sickness does Scott say the reindeer might have?
Answer: Keylime disease.
95. Question: In the movie 'Santa Clause 2', who does Scott marry?
Answer: Carol Newman.
96. Question: What did Sandman do to Santa's in-laws?
Answer: He puts them to sleep on the ride to the North Pole.
97. Question: Who was Charlie's favorite reindeer?
98. Question: What was Mrs. Claus teaching her students at the beginning of the movie?
99. Question: What profession is Charlie's stepfather?
Hard Christmas Movie Trivia Questions
Can you answer these last few hard questions? The hardest Christmas movie trivia Questions can be found below.
100. Question: What job Iris Simpkins have in the movie 'The Holiday'?
Answer: Wedding and Society columnist in The Daily Telegraph, a British newspaper.
101. Question: What is the name of the movie that Kevin watches in the movie 'Home Alone'?
Answer: 'Angels With Filthy Souls'.
102. Question: Name the movie where the song 'White Christmas' first appeared.
Answer: 'Holiday Inn'.
103. Question: In the movie 'A Christmas Story', what was the name of the neighbors, whose dog ate the Christmas turkey?
Answer: The Bumpuses.
104. Question: Name the 2014 romance movie about an aspiring astronomer.
Answer: 'One Starry Christmas'.
105. Question: In which movie do two characters who hate Christmas decide to act like a couple?
Answer: 'The Mistletoe Promise'.
106. Question: How many characters were played by Tom Hanks in 'The Polar Express'?
107. Question: Which Christmas villain is number six in the list of the top 100 movie villains by the American Film Institute?
Answer: Mr. Potter from 'It's A Wonderful Life'.
108. Question: What object does George promise to give Mary in 'It’s A Wonderful Life'?
Answer: The moon.
109. Question: In 'The Polar Express', which letters does the conductor punch into Hero Girl's ticket?
110. Question: Name the saber-toothed cat side kick to the infamous Turbo Man.
111. Question: What year did 'It's A Wonderful Life' come out?
Here, at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Christmas movie trivia, then why not look at our 'Christmas Vacation' trivia and It's A Wonderful Life trivia too?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.