Naming a pet can be a difficult decision.
Picking a name for a pet duck is not an easy task. You will want to find a name that suits the duck and is agreeable to your entire family.
Choose names that everyone in your household can say, and won't be embarrassed to yell across the barnyard. The below list contains some serious and some funny duck names. Hopefully, one of these duck names will fit your new pet.
Cute Duck Names For Girl Ducklings
All baby ducks (called "ducklings") are cute, but remember, your baby female duck will grow up to be an adult female duck (called a "hen"). Her fuzziness will disappear and the best name for your hen is a name that will grow with her. Here are a few ideas.
1. Ariel - (biblical Hebrew) meaning "lion of God," a Disney mermaid princess.
2. Dandelion - (English origin), derived from French 'dent de lion', meaning lion's tooth, use this name for a fuzzy yellow duckling.
3. Duchess - (Middle English origin) the name of a woman who holds the title to a duchy in her own right.
4. Hazel - (English origin) became a given name during the 1800s.
5. Maisie - (Scottish origin) meaning "pearl."
6. Marigold - (English Origin) the name of a flower, derived from Mary and Gold.
7. Queenie - (English origin) diminutive of Queen.
8. Tallulah (Native American origins) meaning "leaping waters."
Gender Neutral Duck Names
It is difficult to determine a duckling's gender, so here are some gender-neutral names.
9. Aqua - a bluish-green color, similar to water, before the last name Duck, sounds like "aqueduct."
10. Dog - short, silly, and easy to spell.
11. Ducky Duck - your toddler will love this name.
12. Indigo - (Greek origin) means "from India", in English Indigo refers to a shade of dark purplish-blue, an excellent name for a blue duck.
13. Lucky Ducky - If you plan on spoiling your duck.
14. Puddles (English origin) small pool of water, usually rain.
15. Quackers - if you adopt two, you could name them Cheese and Quackers.
16. Snowflake - a splendid name for a white duck.
17. Waddles - this may describe the way your pet moves on land.
Funny Names For Your Male Duck
Male ducks are also known as "drakes." You can form a whole host of names by replacing "Jack" with "Quack."
18. Drake (origins Latin, Greek) means "dragon" coincides with the English word for a male duck.
19. Duck Norris - Chuck Norris fans will appreciate this one.
20. The Duckster - (the suffix -ster originates from Middle English) meaning "one who is" or "one who is associated with".
21. James Pond "Pond, James Pond" also known as 007.
22. Moby Duck - if you are a Herman Melville fan, you might pick this name.
23. Quack Sparrow - a common name for ducks owned by Pirates of the Caribbean fans.
24. Quackin' Tarantino - this name is for a quirky, unpredictable pet.
25. Quackie Chan - a tall master of the martial arts.
26. Sir Quacks a lot - if your duck is noisy, consider this name, derived from Sir Mix-a-Lot.
27. Webster - (the suffix -ster originates from Middle English) a nod to your duck's webbed feet.
Funny Names For Ducks Who Are Female
There are so many different names, lighten up the pond with some funny names.
28. Goose - a suitable name for a goose, but an even funnier name for a duck.
29. Mallorie Mallard - an alliterative name for a mallard.
30. Mother Ducker - rhyming names are always fun.
31. Tinkerbill - Not Tinkerbell, TinkerBILL.
There are many famous ducks in Donald Duck's family. This list is some of the commonly known Disney Ducks.
32. Daisy Fauntleroy Duck - The girlfriend of Donald, and aunt to April, May, and June.
33. Daphne - Donald's lucky aunt.
34. Della - AKA Thelma, Dumbella, Donald's sister and mother of Huey, Dewey, and Louie, she becomes lost in space.
35. Dewey - Dewey is one of Donald Duck's three nephews, the identical triplet sons of his sister Della. Also, a splendid name for a duck owned by a librarian.
36. Donald Fauntleroy Duck - AKA Donald Duck.
37. Hortense McDuck - Mother of Donald and Della, Hortense was born in Scotland.
38. Huey - AKA Hubert Duck, one of Della's identical triplet sons.
39. Louie - AKA Louis Duck and Llewellyn Duck, the third of Della's triplet sons.
40. Quackmore - father of Donald, brother of Daphne.
41. Scrooge McDuck - Donald's maternal uncle.
Other Famous Duck Names
You may decide to name your duck after a famous duck. Choose wisely.
42. Daffy Duck - A Warner Brothers cartoon character who first appeared on April 17, 1937.
43. Duck Dodgers - Daffy as a star of a science fiction show.
44. Howard the Duck - a character in Marvel comic books.
45. Rubber Duckie - Muppet Ernie's toy rubber duck on Sesame Street.
Kidadl has lots of great names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for duck names then why not take a look at these tree names for girls, or for something different take a look at these Christmas baby names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.