Image © jsbaw7160, Pixabay.
Dragons are magical creatures, appearing in folklore tales around the world. No wonder kids are so enthralled by them!
Dragons are incredible creatures who breathe out fire, sometimes to protect people and valuables, sometimes to attack. They first appear in Ancient Greek and Sumerian cultures from many years ago and feature in East Asian cultures too.
Whether your kids love a dragon joke, or a dragon pun, these are our list of best dragon jokes, puns, fire jokes and dragon jokes for kids. If the kids are loving these jokes about dragons, why not check out our hilarious unicorn and dinosaur jokes next?
Question And Answer
Here are our favourite, laugh out loud funny dragon jokes.
1. What’s the most annoying thing for dragons on their birthday? Blowing out the candles on their birthday cake.
2. Why are dragons so amazing at making music? They really know their scales.
3. How can you tell how much a dragon weighs? Well, they come with scales.
4. What type of stories and folktales are dragons famous for? Long tales.
5. Why can’t dragons ever play ice hockey? They always melt the ice before the game is even over.
6. Which hockey team do dragons support? The Red Wings.
7. What's the difference between a mini-van and a dragon? Mini vans only have one horn.
8. Why doesn't the Ender Dragon understand the book? Because he always starts at the end.
9. Why did the dragon hate to fight knights and swordsmen? He was tired of tinned food.
10. What will eat more than a dragon? Two dragons.
11. What happens if you kiss a dragon? You get burnt lips.
12. What sounds do you hear when dragons decide to use black pepper? The sounds of a fire alarm.
13. What does a dragon like to eat at a restaurant? Hot wings.
14. What time is it when a dragon decides to sit on your car? Time to get a new car!
15. Why was the dragon always invited to barbecue Sundays? So he could fire up the grill!
16. Which side of a dragon has the most scales? The outside!
17. Why are dragons so good at rapping? Because they always spit great fire.
18. What sound do you hear when dragons eat spicy salsa? A fire alarm.
19. What has four legs, four wings, and a tail? A dragon with spare parts.
20. What did the cat say to the dragon? “Meow!”
21. Why was the dragon wearing green sneakers? Her red ones were in the wash.
22. What's big, scaly and bounces? A dragon on a trampoline.
23. What do you call a dragon at the North Pole? Lost and surrounded by ice
24. What’s the difference between a dragon and a piece of paper? Well, you can’t make a paper aeroplane out of a dragon, that's for sure.
25. What’s the difference between a musical choir of angels and a flight of dragons? The horn section.
26. Why are dragons so wrinkled? Well, have you ever tried to iron one?
27. What was the dragon doing on the motorway? About 30 miles per hour.
28. What joke will make dragons giggle? They tell people jokes.
29. What sport do dragons end up playing when they try to play hockey? Water polo.
30. What do you get when you cross a dragon with a smelly skunk? We don't know, but please don’t make it angry!
31. How many dragons does it take to change a light bulb? Zero. They don't have thumbs to change light bulbs, but they're great at lighting candles.
Why do dragons make such good knock knock jokes? Read on to find out!
32. Knock knock.
Dragon today and could use a nap.
33. Knock, knock.
You're dragon your feet again!
34. Knock, knock.
If I were you, I'd keep away from fire-breathing dragons.
35. Knock, knock!
Thumping tells me there's a dragon on the loose.
These conversational dragon jokes will have the kids giggling all day.
36. Two dragons walk into a bar.
One dragon goes, "Ooh, it's a bit hot in here."
The other responds, "Well close your mouth then."
37. A dragon sees two knights and sighs. He says to his dragon friend, "I'm so bored of tinned food."
Who doesn't love some good dragon puns? These puns about dragons are the perfect jokes to lift the mood, any time of the day.
38. How do dragons make holiday plans? They don’t, they just wing it.
39. What do you call a dragon who is fantastic at juggling? Talon-ted.
40. What do the best dancing dragons train to compete in? A talon show.
41. Why do dragons always sleep during the day? They fight knights.
42. What ritual do dragons perform right before big games? They get fired up.
43. What day do dragons eat the most on? Happy Chewsday.
44. What did the dragon say after receiving a gift for his birthday? Fangs a lot!
45. What is a dragon's favourite European food? Swiss Charred.
46. Why are dragons such good storytellers? They tell great tales.
47. What do you get when you cross a dragon with a unicorn? A magical dragicorn.
Luca is a keen performer, student and writer. Based in North London and constantly surrounded by his large Cypriot family, including many young cousins, Luca is no stranger to great food and adventure. Passionate about contemporary art forms, including dance-theatre and photography, Luca loves visiting art galleries and performance venues.