Who doesn't like to watch a movie?
Films truly are the best source of entertainment, especially when you are with your family as it's fun to discuss movies and have a debate about them with our friends and family. A movie often teaches us about the different kind of people present in this world, bonds between us, love, family, friends, and much more.
While watching a movie, there are certain characters that we have become die-hard fans of and other characters that we love to hate! So here we have some easy movie trivia questions and answers all about the movies! From family trivia questions and classic movies trivia, to, entertainment trivia questions, and much more, you can even include these trivia questions and answers as one of the games in your family games night. For more fun quizzes, check out our Halloween movie trivia and our Christmas movie trivia too.
Fun Movie Trivia Questions
Can anyone ever run out of words or topics while discussing a movie? We definitely can't! The idea of trivia about movies in itself is so much fun, so now we are going to discuss some easy trivia questions and answers, covering film trivia and movie trivia, perfect for the whole family! Are you ready to answer these movie trivia quiz questions?
1. Question: What was the name of the first film in the 'Harry Potter' series?
Answer: 'Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone'.
2. Question: Which film's makeup and hairstyling won an Oscar despite the makeup budget being only $250?
Answer: 'Dallas Buyers Club'.
3. Question: In which movie did Keanu Reeves learn Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, marksmanship and driving, and performed about 95% of the fight scenes himself?
Answer: 'John Wick: Chapter 2'.
4. Question: In which movie was the iconic DeLorean time machine originally a refrigerator?
Answer: 'Back To The Future'.
5. Question: When adjusted for inflation, which is the highest-grossing movie of all time?
Answer: 'Gone With The Wind'.
6. Question: Which movie depicted the battle scenes of D-Day so realistically that it caused Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in combat Veterans when they watched it?
Answer: 'Saving Private Ryan'.
7. Question: Which movie has a Starbucks cup in every single scene in the movie?
Answer: 'Fight Club'.
8. Question: Which is the First US film to Feature a toilet flushing?
9. Question: After which movie did the sale of pet rats increase rapidly?
10. Question: In which movie, was the sound of a Russian train's toilet flushing used as the sound of automatic doors opening?
Answer: 'Star Trek'.
11. Question: In which movie did Leonardo DiCaprio have to devour a raw slab of bison's liver, despite being a vegetarian?
Answer:' The Revenant'.
12. Question: How many 'Star Wars' movies are there?
13. Question: Which movie has a scene of two seconds of footage that took months to create?
Answer: 'Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen'.
14. Question: Which movie's director was arrested for murder and had to prove himself innocent by calling in the actors that were "murdered" ?
Answer: 'Cannibal Holocaust'.
15. Question: Which movie is the most death-packed film ever made with an average of five people dying every minute?
16. Question: Steven Callahan, a real shipwreck survivor, helped film which movie as a technical advisor?
Answer: 'Life Of Pi'.
17. Question: The roar made by a famous sci-fi creature was created by rubbing leather gloves on the strings of a musical instrument. Which sci-fi movie was this iconic roar from?
Answer: 'Godzilla' (1954).
18. Question: Which movies have over 24 minutes of just staring in them?
Answer: 'Twilight' series.
19. Question: For which movie did Tim Burton train 40 squirrels to crack nuts for, rather than use CGI?
Answer: 'Charlie And The Chocolate Factory'.
20. Question: The directors of which movie wrote a new language, that the minions speak throughout the movie?
Answer: 'Despicable Me'.
Modern Movie Trivia Questions And Answers
In this modern (easy) movie trivia quiz, we will be covering any movies released after 2010. Here are some interesting and easy movie trivia quiz questions, let's see how many answers you get right.
21. Question: Richard Kind portrayed the character of Bing Bong in which movie?
Answer: 'Inside Out' (2015).
22. Question: Which animated film’s art design is intended to reflect a '50s Broadway musical?
Answer: 'Inside Out' (2015).
23. Question: Which film is about a jazz pianist Sebastian and actress Mia who fall in love with each other in Los Angeles?
Answer: 'La La Land'.
24. Question: Which movie devised a new technology called '12-wire rig' for its making?
25. Question: What is the name of the fourth film of the 'Mad Max' series, set in the year 2060?
Answer: 'Mad Max: Fury Road'.
26. Question: In which movie did Captain America lift Thor's hammer (mjölnir)?
Answer: 'Avengers: Endgame'.
27. Question: In which movie does Frida Kahlo’s spirit call Dante 'Yolo'?
28. Question: In which movie were the paradoxical stairs inspired by the art of M.C Escher?
29. Question: Which movie was based on Jordan Belfort, the former stockbroker, and a convicted felon?
Answer: 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'.
30. Question: In which movie did all the infinity stones first appear in the Marvel cinematic universe?
Answer: 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'.
31. Question: Which was the first comic book and superhero film to be nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards?
Answer: 'Black Panther'.
32. Question: In which movie was Thor's new weapon (the stormbreaker) first seen?
Answer: 'Avengers: Infinity War'.
33. Question: Which movie won the Academy Award for the Best Animated Feature Film in 2019?
Answer: 'Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse'.
34. Question: In which movie did the Avengers break up, "like the band"?
Answer: 'Captain America: Civil War'.
35. Question: Which was the first Marvel movie where all six Avengers came together?
Answer: 'The Avengers'.
36. Question: At the end of which movie were humans seen colonizing the orbit of Saturn near the wormhole?
37. Question: Which movie was the last movie of the 'Harry Potter' series?
Answer: 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2'.
38. Question: Which movie, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield, was based on Mark Zuckerberg's, Facebook?
Answer: 'The Social Network'.
39. Question: Which movie won the first Academy Award for Best Picture?
Answer: 'Wings' (1927).
40. Question: Which movie won the Critic's Choice Movie Award for the Best Sci-Fi/ Horror film in 2018?
Answer: 'Get Out'.
Classic Movie Trivia Questions And Answers
Are you a classic movie cinephile who has the details of every major classic movie at their fingertips? Well here are some famous movie trivia questions (classic films are included too!) that you are definitely going to love. Answer them and test your movie knowledge!
41. Question: Which was the first film of Francis Ford Coppola's epic 'Mafia' trilogy?
42. Question: Which Quentin Tarantino movie was the third biggest rated earner of 1994?
Answer: 'Pulp Fiction'.
43. Question: Which 1966 musical won the Academy Award for the Best Picture?
Answer: 'The Sound Of Music'.
44. Question: Which movie includes the musical number, 'If I Only Had The Nerve'?
Answer: 'Wizard Of Oz'.
45. Question: Which Tom Hanks movie nominated Hollywood in the year 1994?
Answer: 'Forrest Gump'.
46. Question: Which Robert Zemeckis movie starring Tom Hanks won the Academy Award for Best Picture and Best Actor In A Leading Role in 1995?
Answer: 'Forrest Gump'.
47. Question: Which Brian De Palma movie is a loose remake of the 1932 movie of the same name?
48. Question: Which was the first movie to go to VHS while still being in theatres, winning 11 Academy Awards?
49. Question: Which is the highest IMDB rated movie of all time?
Answer: 'The Shawshank Redemption'.
50. Question: Which is one of the best rock movies ever made, starring Bob Dylan?
Answer: 'The Last Waltz'.
51. Question: Which 1976 classic movie was just shot in 28 days?
52. Question: What is the top movie of all time in terms of box office rankings?
Answer: 'Avengers: Endgame'.
53. Question: Which Disney movie (animated) was remade after 25 years, with Simba as the lead role?
Answer: 'The Lion King'.
54. Question: The famous shot featured in which film franchise's introduction was actually filmed through the barrel of a gun.
Answer: 'James Bond'.
55. Question: What is the most popular Christmas film ever?
Answer: 'The Grinch' (it is the highest f=grossing Christmas film).
Movies Trivia Based On Books
There are so many movies that are based on books. Let's have a look at the list we have got here for you. Can you name which book each of these films are based on and who wrote them? As many books and films share similar titles, naming the author is the real test in these trivia questions about movies!
56. Question: The movie 'Alice In Wonderland', is based on?
Answer: Lewis Carroll's 1865 novel 'Alice's Adventures In Wonderland'.
57. Question: The movie 'Little Women', is based on?
Answer: Louisa May Alcott's 1868 novel 'Little Women'.
58. Question: The movie 'Forrest Gump', is based on?
Answer: Winston Groom's 1986 novel 'Forrest Gump'.
59. Question: The 'Harry Potter' movie series is based on?
Answer: J.K Rowling's 'Harry Potter' novel series.
60. Question: The movie 'The Devil Wears Prada' is based on?
Answer: Lauren Weisberger's 2003 novel 'The Devil Wears Prada'.
61. Question: 'The Lord Of The Rings' is based on?
Answer: J.R.R Tolkien's 1954 novel 'The Lord Of The Rings'.
62. Question: The movie 'Fight Club' is based on?
Answer: Chuck Palahniuk's 1996 novel 'Fight Club'.
63. Question: The movie 'The Social Network' (2010) is based on?
Answer: Ben Mezrich's 2009 novel 'The Accidental Billionaires'.
64. Question: The movie 'Room' (2015) is based on?
Answer: Emma Donoghue's 2010 novel 'Room'.
65. Question: The movie 'L. A Confidential' is based on?
Answer: James Ellroy's 1990 novel 'L. A Confidential'.
66. Question: The movie 'Psycho', is based on?
Answer: Robert Bloch's 1959 novel 'Psycho House'.
67. Question: The movie 'Metropolis', is based on?
Answer: Thea Von Harbou's 1925 novel 'Metropolis'.
68. Question: The movie 'Crazy Rich Asians', is based on?
Answer: Kevin Kwan's 2013 novel 'Crazy Rich Asians'.
69. Question: The movie 'American Psycho', is based on?
Answer: Bret Easton Ellis' 1991 novel 'American Psycho'.
70. Question: The movie 'Pride And Prejudice', is based on?
Answer: Jane Austen's 1813 novel 'Pride And Prejudice'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for easy movie trivia questions and answers, then why not take a look at our 80's movie trivia, or 90's movie trivia for more?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.