Did you know that you can tell if an egg is raw or hard-boiled just by spinning it? Or that the average chicken lays over 300 eggs a year? What about the fact that the largest egg ever laid was an enormous 23cm in diameter?
Making your family and friends laugh really does feel egg-cellent - and what better way to do it than with puns and jokes about eggs? If you're looking to broaden your egg-related humour, you've come to the right place.
We've rounded up 35 of our most egg-straordinarily hilarious yolks for you to learn and share with the world. Check them out!
1. Don't I have the best egg puns? I can be a real comedi-hen.
2. Are you egg-noring me? Don’t you like my egg-cellent jokes?
3. Do you want to learn more about eggs? Why don't you take a look in a hen-cyclopedia?
4. A boiled egg for breakfast is really hard to beat.
5. I was going to tell you a joke about an egg but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.
6. I'm so egg-cited about all of these funny egg puns.
7. I went to McDonald's this morning. Did you know that they've eggs-panded their breakfast menu?
8. The best time to eat an egg is at the crack of dawn.
9. I can be a real practical yolk-er at times.
10. Have you done something different with your hair? You look eggs-traordinary!
11. You don't want to make an egg laugh too hard, it'll start cracking up.
12. What is an egg’s least favourite day of the week? Fry-day!
13. How does the Easter Bunny stay in shape during the offseason? He gets lots of eggs-ercise!
14. Why did the egg regret being in an omelette? It just wasn’t all it was cracked up to be!
15. Knock, knock!
Egg-stremely disappointed that you still don’t recognize me.
16. Why did it take the chicken so long to cross the road? There was no eggs-press lane.
17. Why did the Easter Egg hide? He was a little chicken!
18. What did the egg do when it saw the frying pan? It scrambled.
19. What did the egg say after someone bumped into her? Egg-scuse me!
20. Knock, Knock!
Omelette smarter than I look!
21. How do monsters like their eggs done? Terri-fried!
22. What sport are eggs good at? Running!
23. What crime are eggs most afraid of? Poaching!
24. What do you call eggs that snooze on the job? Eggs-austed!
25. What does the chicken say to get across a busy street? EGGS-cuse me, please!
26. You've got to be careful around egg whites, everyone knows that they can't take a yolk.
27. A chicken and an egg walk into a bar. The bartender asks them, "So, who's first?".
28. I saw an egg behaving really weirdly today. He must have been really egg-centric.
29. I saw a sign earlier that said, “Free Range Eggs.” I’ve never heard of Range Eggs before, but at least they were free to take.
30. One egg turned to the other and said, "Wow, you really get me all cracked up!"
31. I’ve decided to put my eggs all in one basket. I'm just tired of looking silly walking around the supermarket.
32. An egg walked into a bar and cracked a joke. He left behind a real mess.
33. My friend asked for a weird birthday present this year. It was really cheap so I bought it, but I have no idea why he'd want an eggs-box.
34. The police have spent hours questioning the egg. I think it's about to crack.
35. An omelette walked into a bar. The bartender says, “Sorry, we don’t serve breakfast here.”
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.