Eladrins are mysterious people of Faerie.
These silver-skinned, mythical creatures with beautifully sharp features are enigmatic and extremely powerful. They are the masters of spells and swords and protect their glittering cities with their life!
If you are a D&D fan, you might be looking for some naming inspiration for Eladrin characters. We have put together a great list of more than 40 Eladrin names to provide the inspiration you need. And, once you've got your name make sure you take care to draw your wood elf accurately: to draw a wood elf, a lighter hand and sharper features will be in play while the deep elves will require stronger features.
Male Eladrin Names
Swashbuckling and spell-binding heroes need grand magical names that suit their enchanting personalities.
1. Aragorn: Among the true blue high elf names, this name means 'noble' or 'respected king.'
2. Arod: An original Elfish name; it means being 'swift' or 'brown.'
3. Balin: From the category of high elf name, it means 'a knight at the round table.'
4. Baron: From a very noble lineage, the name means 'house or home.'
5. Callon: A simple yet rare name; it is from the Sindarin culture, which means 'a hero.'
6. Cirdan: One of the unique male elves names, this one means 'shipwright.'
7. Earendil: The perfect male elves name; this one symbolizes 'the one who loves the sea.'
8. Elrand: From the Elvish Tolkien language, that means 'manly.'
9. Elrohir: One of the unusual male elven names, this name represents an elf, meaning 'an elf man.'
10. Frodo: Popular among the fans, Frodo means 'the one who is very wise.'
11. Garret: This simple name means 'saved' or 'support.'
12. Gildor: With a great sound to it, this name means 'the creator of joy or happiness.'
13. Haldir: It's a beautiful elvish name, which means ' hidden hero.'
14. Iston: Filled with magic, this name from the Quenya language means 'the wise one.'
15. Peregrin: Originating from the Latin word Peregrinus, which means 'traveler.'
16. Rohan: A unique Elvish name, it means 'horse country' or 'horse kingdom.'
17. Wade: An Anglo-Saxon English name, it means 'to go' or 'ford.'
Female Eladrin Names
Here are hand-picked female elves names that you can select for your Eladrin characters.
18. Aerin: Sounds pretty cool, right? This name in Tolkein language means 'ocean.'
19. Anna: A short and sweet name in Quenya language for baby girls, meaning 'a gift.'
20. Aredhel: With unusual phonetics, this name belongs to the Quenya language and means 'the noblewoman.'
21. Aubree: It comes from the French culture, meaning 'a ruler.'
22. Calen: A unique Elvish name, it means 'the green one.'
23. Elva: A rare and unique female eladrin name, Elva, means 'a friend.'
24. Eowyn: In Tolkien language, the name means 'horse joy.'
25. Estel: In Eladrin, Estel is a beautiful name that resonates with 'trust' and 'hope.'
26. Freda: A popular choice among the Dungeons and Dragons elves names, Freda means 'tranquility' and 'peace.'
27. Galadriel: From the Sindring language, this elvish name means 'one with glittering hair' or 'maiden with radiant hair.'
28. Idril: From the Sindarin version of the Quenya language, the name means 'sparkling brilliance.'
29. Lia: From the Elvish Quenya language, and means 'thread'.
30. Melian: The name means 'a dear gift.'
31. Nessa: Originating from the elvish language Quennnya, this name means 'the one who is youthful.'
32. Nienna: A rare name; it means 'tear.'
33. Siofra: Yet again, a rare name from the Irish and Gaelic culture, means 'an elf,' that's all!
34. Tara: This name means 'the one who is elite or wise.'
35. Tamara: One of the unique wood elves names, Tamara, means ' date palm tree.'
36. Yavanna: A beautiful elvish name, it means 'one who is a giver of fruits.'
Unisex Eladrin Names
Eladrin names need not be gender-specific. Since these names are based on characteristics and special powers, finding gender-neutral Eladrin names should not be tough.
37. Lune: From Roman descent, the name means 'the moon.' It is an indirect representation of the Roman goddess of the moon, Luna.
38. Rune: From ancient Germanic, the name stands for 'characters from the ancient alphabets.'
39. Alael: When broken down, 'Al' refers to the sea and 'ael' means great. The name, therefore, means 'being great at sea' or 'the navigator of the sea.'
40. Cathael: From the Irish language, Cathael = Cath (Battle) + Ael (to rule).
41. Gaelean: From the Elvish language, this name means 'the pegasus rider.'
Kidadl has lots of great names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Eladrin names then why not take a look at these Skyrim dragon names, or for something different take a look at these magical boys' names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.