As a fun diversion for you and your kids, we’ve encoded the names of 15 popular children’s books into emoji clues. Some are a doddle, others will take a little more brain power. Answers below…
- The Cat in the Hat, by Dr Seuss
- The Wizard of Oz, by L Frank Baum (more properly The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, by CS Lewis
- The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
- The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
- Winnie The Pooh, by AA Milne
- Captain Underpants, by Dav Pilkey
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by JK Rowling
- Green Eggs and Ham, by Dr Seuss
- The Tiger Who Came To Tea, by Judith Kerr
- Alice Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll
- Five Children and It, by ES Nesbit
- The Jungle Book, by Rudyard Kipling
- The Enormous Crocodile, by Roald Dahl
Have you also tried our emoji quiz of children’s films?
Comic book trivia: how much do you know about the history of superheroes?
63 Questions about books for you to try
Although originally from the Midlands, and trained as a biochemist, Matt has somehow found himself writing about London for a living. He's a former editor and long-time contributor to Londonist.com and has written several books about the capital. He's also the father of two preschoolers.