Autumn is the season of sugar, spice, and all things nice!
Not everyone gets a chance to celebrate this breezy season. It is that time of year when everyone is excited to pull out their sweaters, mufflers, and mittens.
The use of hot chocolate and pumpkin spice latte is at its peak! Even the trees are excited to change the color of their outfits (from green to orange, yellow, purple, and brown). Get to know more about how and why everything changes during this time with these fall facts for kids and fall facts for students! This complete set gives you an insight into all the cool things about fall, fall food trivia, interesting facts about fall, scientific facts about fall, and some funny facts about fall. The amazing response to our [October trivia] and Spring trivia prompted us to create this fall trivia.
Autumn Facts For Kids
This section gives an insight into the historical, geological, and fun facts about autumn. These fun facts about fall for kids about the autumn season are sure to increase your knowledge. Have fun answering these autumn-themed questions and fall trivia for kids.
1. Question: What is the first day of Autumn known as?
Answer: Autumn Equinox.
2. Question: What happens on Autumn Equinox?
Answer: The number of hours of daylight and darkness is equal.
3. Question: Name the Goddess of Harvest.
4. Question: When does Autumn Equinox happen in the Northern Hemisphere?
Answer: 23 September.
5. Question: When does Autumn Equinox happen in the southern hemisphere?
Answer: 21 March.
6. Question: When does autumn end in Northern Hemisphere?
Answer: It ends with the Winter solstice on 21 December.
7. Question: When does autumn end in Southern Hemisphere?
Answer: 21 June.
8. Question: What is the Autumn Equinox also known as?
Answer: Harvest home.
9. Question: What is the reason behind Autumn Equinox?
Answer: It that time of year when the sun is exactly above the equator.
10. Question: The full moon closest to Autumn Equinox is called___?
Answer: Harvest Moon.
11. Question: Why is the Harvest Moon important?
Answer: It is important for an abundant harvest.
12. Question: What is the origin of the word autumn?
Answer: It comes from the Latin word 'autumns', which comes from 'augere', which means to increase.
13. Question: North Americans can experience autumn at which time of the year?
Answer: September to December.
Facts About Fall Leaves
One of the awesome things about fall is the fact that the leaves change their colors. Learn more about the autumn leaves and how this color change happens with this simple fall trivia quiz which covers all things autumn leaf! Enjoy these fun facts about harvest time!
14. Question: Which pigment decreases in the plants during autumn?
15. Question: What is the main feature of autumn?
Answer: Shedding of leaves from deciduous trees.
16. Question: Leaf colors change trend depending on its species. True or False?
17. Question: The leaves of red maples change to ___?
18. Question: The leaves of sugar maples change to ___?
Answer: Orange red.
19. Question: Leaves of aspens change to ___?
20. Question: Leaves of oak change to ___?
Answer: Brown or red. Or even a new color which is a mix of brown and red.
21. Question: From which pigment do the trees get their brown color?
22. Question: How do trees get their orange color from?
Answer: Trees get their orange color from carotene.
23. Question: Where do people go for good leaf-peeping in the United States?
Answer: Northern New England.
24. Question: Why is New England famous for leaf-peeping?
Answer: New England is known for the picturesque beauty and fall foliage.
25. Question: What are the colors of Fall?
Answer: The colors of falls are orange, red, purple, brown, and yellow.
26. Question: Name the pigment that turns the colors of the leaves to red and purple.
Autumn Season Facts
We have learned about all the historical facts about autumn. Now let us learn about all fun fall trivia facts and some weird things about autumn with these interesting facts about autumn and fall themed trivia.
27. Question: In America and Canada, autumn is also known as fall. True or False?
28. Question: Fall is also called an aurora season. True or False?
29. Question: Name two festivals celebrated during the fall season.
Answer: Thanksgiving and Sukkot are the two festivals celebrated during fall.
30. Question: Name the most common fall season harvest.
Answer: Pumpkins and apples are the most common harvest during fall.
31. Question: Which festival comes from a Celtic autumn tradition?
32. Question: Is it true that the people born during the fall season are likely to live longer?
33. Question: What does pumpkin spice contain?
Answer: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, cloves, and dry ginger make up the pumpkin spice. It doesn't contain pumpkin at all.
34. Question: Why were Jack-O-Lanterns introduced?
Answer: Jack-O-Lanterns were introduced to scare off evil spirits during Halloween.
35. Question: According to Greek mythology, fall begins when this Goddess returns to Hades causing her mother to allow the crops on earth to die until her daughter is returned in the spring. Who is this Goddess?
36. Question: Pumpkin got its name from 'Pepon' which means large melon. True or false?
37. Question: Catching leaves in fall brings good luck. True or false?
38. Question: Which city produces about five times more pumpkin than any other city in the US?
Answer: Illinois produces about five times more pumpkin than any other city in the US!
39. Question: The word autumn is preferred to fall in Great Britain. True or False?
40. Question: Name one country which doesn't get to experience fall throughout the year?
Answer: Brazil doesn't get to experience fall throughout the year.
41. Question: Name one popular fall decor.
42. Question: Name one species of trees that don't lose their leaves.
Answer: Evergreen trees.
43. Question: Which colorful phenomenon is visible during fall?
Answer: The Aurora Borealis.
44. Question: Name one popular sweet treat specially made during Halloween from the fall harvest.
Answer: Caramel apples.
Fall Season Facts
Animals also change their behaviors and routines when a new month starts. Let's learn more about the animals with these autumn trivia questions and all about fall animals trivia for kids.
45. Question: In which season do birds prepare for migration?
46. Question: Which insect migrates from the US to Mexico?
Answer: Monarch Butterflies.
47. Question: What do animals do at this time of year?
Answer: Animals store food and prepare their nests for hibernation at this time of year.
48. Question: Name one animal which collects seed and nuts in fall for the new season (winter)!
49. Question: Name one species of birds that travel from the Arctic to the Antarctic?
Answer: Arctic Tern.
Festivals Of Autumn Quiz
Numerous festivals are celebrated throughout the world during the fall. Answer these questions to find out how each country celebrates its fall festival.
50. Question: Which festival is celebrated in Germany during the Fall season?
51. Question: When does the famous Wellfleet Oyster fest take place?
Answer: 17 and 18 October.
52. Question: Which famous festival takes place in Barcelona to commemorate the saint patron of the city?
Answer: Festes De La Merce.
53. Question: Name the longest-running motoring event that takes place during fall.
Answer: London to Brighton Veteran Car Run.
54. Question: Name the Buddhist celebration of cleansing the spirit from bad luck by sending lanterns to Buddha, that takes place in fall.
Answer: Yi Peng Lantern Festival.
55. Question: When does the famous Halloween Parade of New York take place?
Answer: On 31 October from 7:00pm onwards.
56. Question: In which country does the largest white truffle festival occur?
57. Question: Name the Hindu festival of lights celebrated every fall.
58. Question: Which festival is celebrated on the 15th of the 8th month of the Chinese lunar calendar.
Answer: Chinese Festival of the autumn moon.
59. Question: Which festival marks the Jewish new year, it falls in the autumn?
Answer: Rosh Hashanah.
60. Question: Thanksgiving is celebrated in both Canada and the US but in different months.
61. Question: Every year Halloween is celebrated on the 31 October throughout the world. True of false?
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for fall trivia then why not take a look at [winter trivia] or summer trivia.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.