Most occasions are graced with excellent and mouth-watering meals.
Some of these menus have fancy names for food that will make your dinner party sound posh. You don't need to prepare the most expensive food on the menu before having people over.
Caviar is one of the fanciest foods in the world and can be found on the menu of the rich. Here, you'll learn fancy cooking terms that will make your part seem more sophisticated. Check the menu of fancy dinner recipes you can try.
As the name implies, these are the meals or treats that come before the main meal. Whatever you choose as your starter will work just fine. Begin your journey to some of the fanciest food in the world here.
1. Baked Feta With Sumac & Grapes: It is a great starter choice if you are on a budget, and will take about 45 minutes to prepare.
2. Beetroot & Blackberry Cured Salmon: You can serve this on crackers as a canape, and the beetroot and berries make it a great version as a starter. It will take about 10 minutes to prepare.
3. Carpaccio Scallops: This dish requires a little more effort than average, but if you are looking to impress then this is a dish for you.
4. Chargrilled Mackerel With Sweet And Sour Beetroot: Grilled mackerel gives a different kind of charred taste, and the beetroots add a perfect compromise to the sweet and sour starter. It is budget-friendly and will take 25 mins to prepare.
5. Charred Leeks With Anchovy Dressing: This simple starter is the star of the elegant dish, and the anchovy adds a depth of flavor.
6. Charred Spring Onions & Romesco: It is a vegetarian dish appropriate for a dinner party. It takes 20 mins to prepare, and the sauce can be made ahead of time.
7. Cheesy Sprout Fondue: Transform your leftover cheese into a versatile starter recipe, served perfect with crusty bread.
8. Chicken Liver & Pineau Pâté: This is a sweet pâté recipe that is rich in taste using pineau. It goes well as a dinner party starter.
9. Faux Gras With Toast And Pickles: The easiest parfait ever, with only two ingredients you’ll have this served in no time.
10. Gravadlax With Celeriac & Fennel Salad: A Nordic salmon starter, cured with dill and served with a nice dressing of mustard, honey and dill with a crisp salad.
11. Grilled Lobster Tails With Lemon & Herb Butter: This is an impressive party dinner dish but takes a little more effort to put together. The lobster tails are complimented with parsley, lemon, and garlic butter.
12 Ham Hock & Pistachio Roll: It can be made into a starter, and is a Chrismas special.
13 Minted Melon, Tomato & Prosciutto Salad: It is deal as a sharing plater to start off your dinner or summer event.
14 Onions And Goat’s Cheese Tarte Tatins: The caramelized onions with thyme, and goat's cheese on the puff Tarte Tatins makes a great vegetarian dish as a party starter.
15 Potted Crab: A hint of smoked paprika with your potted crab adds a new mix to party starters.
16 Runner Bean Samosas: It is a great starter to nibble on for a few people. Runner beans go well with spices creating the perfect balance.
17. Scallops With Chorizo & Hazelnut Picada: Adda touch of Spanish elegance with this meal. This is a vibrant starter for any occasion.
18. Tomatoes, Burrata And Broad Bean Salad: It is a simple yet tasty dish that requires a few ingredients.
19. Tripple Cheese & Tarragon-Stuffed Mushroom: This is a super fast and easy dish to make for a light starter. With just 5 ingredients you can have it ready to eat in 15 mins.
20. Watercress & Celeriac Soup With Goat’s Cheese Crouton: This is a simple starter you can freeze ahead for your friends and family, and for an extra richness add the goat’s cheese.
Fancy Main Courses
Serving some French cuisine for your main is taking your fancy dinners up a notch. You can serve food from France or simply use fancy French food names. Whatever the case, your menu wouldn't be complete without some fancy French food names or fancy Italian food names.
21. Beer-Brined Beer Can Chicken: This is a great meal that provides more fun while cooking.
22. Steamed Mussels And Chorizo: Make this Mediterranean surf and turf dish for your fancy looking dinner. Add some spice and a splash of wine for bursting flavor.
23. Cauliflower Bolognese: This is a great alternative to the meaty original, and it is suitable for both vegans and non-vegans.
24. Chicken Stew With Potatoes And Radish: It makes an excellent choice for comfort food, taking in the flavour of chicken paprikash.
25. Creamy Squash Risotto With Toasted Pepitas: A paprika packed squash puree makes this meal hearty and satisfying.
26. Chilled-Marinated Pork With Vietnamese Brussels Sprouts: It is a great sauce for an easy dinner with plenty of flavor.
27. Clam Toast With Pancetta: The backbone of this toast is the pancetta, providing a great duo between pork and shellfish.
28. Filipino-Style Meatloaf: Meatloaf can be equally beautiful and tasty for your dinner party. You can soak up the juice with rice.
29. Filipino-Style Roast Pork Belly With Chile Vinegar: This is a simple method for cooking pork belly and provides a succulent meaty taste.
30. Grand Aioli: It is a summer French classic that requires no cutlery. It can be served with any seafood or vegetable of your choice.
31. Grilled Garlic And Black Pepper Shrimp: It is a simple yet impressive meal and is easy to prepare.
32. Grilled Scallops With Creamed Corn: This is a multipurpose dry dish recipe that will have your guests coming back for seconds.
33. Olive Oil-Confit Chicken With Cipollini Onions: The chicken thighs come out moist and soaked with the juicy flavour of the oils.
34. Pork Chops With Celery And Almond Salad: Two giant pork chops seasoned with garlic and thyme make this dish easy to serve as a family-style meal, and is also elegant.
35. Pork Chops With Fig And Grape Agrodolce: Cooking pork chops in balsamic vinegar and honey makes a sweet and sour sauce that perfectly complements the chops.
36. Roast Chicken With Harissa And Schmaltz: This tenderized chicken packs a lot of heat, making it a great recipe for your main.
37. Roasted Pumpkin, Marjoram, And Blue Cheese Frittata: This makes for a great vegetarian main course at your elegant dinner party.
38. Slow-Roasted Salmon In Parchment Paper: The flavor of this dish comes from olives and capers, some rum, a squeeze of lime juice, and sweet raisins.
39. Spring Risotto: This is ideal for a vegan dinner party.
40. Tomato Tart With Chickpea Crumbles: Get a filling of protein and flavor with this classic tomato sauce dish.
Here are fancy names for simple food that are mouth-watering. Your guest will also love some gourmet food, which is what fancy food is called, so why not treat them to some gourmet dessert? Some are classic foods of France, being a country of fine cuisine.
41. Avocado Chocolate Mousse: This is super light yet delicious.
42. Banoffee Pie: Visit your childhood and treat your guest with this classic dinner dessert recipe.
43. Bourbon Glazed Donut: The extra effort put into this dessert is well worth the result.
44. Chilled Lemon Soufflé: An iced lemon soufflé makes for a great dinner dessert recipe and is a great substitute for the famous French food, the chocolate souffle.
45. Chocolate Almond Torte: This is a winner for any dinner party you are throwing.
46. Chocolate Cheesecake: A sweet ending to a lovely dinner with family and friends is what this cheesecake represents.
47. Classic Lemon Tart: You can’t go wrong with this simple yet classic lemon tart.
48. Clementine And Coconut Cream Sorbet: It is very simple to make but still lovely and refreshing.
49. Coconut Custard Tart With Roasted Pineapple: Add a tropical twist to your dinner with this custard tart.
50. DIY Raspberry Eton Mess: Try something different by allowing your guest to put together their own dessert.
51. Double-Decker Tarte: This inspired tarte is a more grown-up version of the classic chocolate treat.
52. Double-Layer Custard And Chocolate Mousse: A great dessert option as it gives your double the taste with custard and chocolate.
53. Lavender Poached Pear With Poire Williams Pudding: Tender poached pears are just what you need for that fine dining dinner party.
54. Lemon & Prosecco Sorbet: This is a pudding that will help you cleanse your palette after a heavy meal.
55. Pineapple And Ginger Pavlova: It is crunchy and bursting with lots of sweet flavors.
56. Key Lime Pie: This is a dessert to impress, and takes it to the next level.
57. Passion Fruit Cheesecake: It is light, sweet, and tastes like summer, making the perfect dessert.
58. Pistachio Soufflé With Pistachio Ice Cream: It is a pudding to take your dessert to great heights.
59. Quince And Frangipane Tart: This can be made with ready-made pastry if you are in a hurry.
60. Retro Trifle: This is great for the festive season, and jelly with raspberries just enriches the indulgence.
61. Roasted Vanilla & Honey Crème Brûlée: A special dessert after a cosy dinner.
62. Salted Caramel Roulade: These are a popular choice for desserts, and is a great addition to your dinner party recipe list.
63. Strawberry Cheesecake: You can make this goodness in just 4 easy steps, and it does not require any cooking.
64. Tropical Baked Alaska: A nicely baked small platter cake is great to wrap up the evening.
65. Vanilla Panna Cotta With Port Jelly: A very sophisticated dessert which is best if made a day in advance.
Kidadl has lots of great baby names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for 60+ Fancy food names then why not take a look at something different like Top 40 Funny Food Names For Dogs, or 50 Best Food Baby Names To Inspire You.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.