Some people like to believe that the dates you were born will define your personality.
For people born between 22 June to 22 July, this means you fall into the zodiac category of Cancer. There are plenty of facts and myths surrounding the personality traits of people with the Cancer zodiac sign.
As the fourth sign on the zodiac chart, Cancer is known broadly as an emotional and sensitive sign that is very family oriented. Cancers are guided by their hearts and as a water sign, they have a strong sense of initiative and constantly changing moods. If you're lucky enough to have a Cancerian in your life, you'll know them as one of the most dependable friends.
We're sure this list of fascinating Cancer zodiac facts will help you appreciate and better understand the Cancers in your life, and if you want to expand your astrology knowledge some more, have a look at our lists of Gemini facts and Scorpio facts.
Facts About The Zodiac Sign Of Cancer
These are some of the fun facts about the history of Cancer sign of the zodiac, the astrology of Cancer and all the basic details any Cancer needs to know!
1. The dates for Cancer babies are people born between 22 June to 22 July.
2. The Cancer zodiac sign originates from the Cancer constellation.
3. In the Western zodiac, Cancer is the fourth zodiac sign.
4. The celestial longitudes of Cancer is from 90 to 120 degrees.
5. The word Cancer comes from the same Latin word which translates directly to "crab".
6. The Cancer sign is known as Karka in Vedic astrology.
7. The sign of Cancer in astrology is the water trigon.
8. The zodiac symbol for Cancer is the crab. However, some people say it is more of a lobster.
9. When the summer solstice starts in the Northern Hemisphere, cancer season begins.
10. Water is the element that the cancer sign is associated with.
11. The Cancer constellation contains faint starts in an area of 506 square degrees.
12. Six and four are two very lucky numbers for Cancers. This is because it is the fourth sign and its symbol appears to show two sixes.
13. Soft colours are associated with the Cancer sign including grey and cream.
14. The Cancer horoscope for 2020 is that they will be lucky if they treat life seriously.
15. If someone is born between 19 and 25 July, they are in the cusp of Cancer: Leo which is the cusp of oscillation.
16. The Cancer constellation is known for being the dimmest of all the constellations.
17. Ruby is the birthstone of the Cancer sign however there are a number of other options including emeralds and pearl.
18. Beta Cancri is the brightest star in the Cancer constellation.
19. The Cancer constellation contains five exoplanets with one that is more than eight times the mass of earth.
20. People who are born between 18 and 24 June are considered to be between Cancer and Gemini and are known as being on the cusp of magic.
21. It's impossible to see the Cancer constellation with the naked eye. It is too dim and is best seen with a telescope.
Facts About Cancer's Compatibility
If you're having troubles in your love life or with your friendships, it might be a good idea to compare your sun signs and see how compatible you are based on astrology. It is still all for fun, so we don't recommend making any rash decisions based on what's written below.
22. Cancer's opposite zodiac sign is the sign of the Capricorn.
23. The signs most compatible with Cancer are said to be Virgo, Scorpio, Taurus and Pisces. The Cancer is said to have a lot in common and be an intellectual match with these signs. So, if you're looking for love, a girlfriend, a boyfriend or even someone to marry try matching with one of these signs.
24. The zodiac signs that are mostly incompatible with Cancer are Gemini, Libra, Leo, Sagittarius, Aries and Aquarius.
25. Cancer and Pisces are both very attracted to each other, so if a Cancer matches with a Pisces, it may feel like they are the one.
Facts About Cancers In Pop Culture
If you're searching for Cancer inspiration and seeing what amazing things Cancers can achieve, look no further than this list of interesting facts about celebrities who have the Cancerian zodiac sign.
26. The Cancer symbol has been found throughout history in many monuments and books. It even featured in Dante's Paradiso.
27. The Cancer sign has featured in a number of artworks including a sign that was painted by Giovanni Maria Falconetto in 1517 to serve as the guardian of Verona in Italy.
28. Space man Elon Musk is one of the most famous and richest Cancers to have ever lived.
29. Other hugely successful and famous people who have the Cancer zodiac sign include Tobey Maguire, the former Spiderman, Selena Gomez, Chris Pratt, Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande, Khloe Kardashian and Post Malone.
Good Facts About Cancer Traits
It is said that Cancers have some wonderful traits that are very admirable and make them great companions. Even though these interesting "facts" aren't technically facts, you may still feel like you relate to these characteristics and traits and they might even give you a better understanding of how you deal with love, friends, family and all of the elements in your life.
30. The moon rules Cancer and this means the moods of people with the cancer star sign are like the lunar calendar, constantly changing.
31. Cancers have a hard shell which makes them great writers as they find it easier to express themselves through the written word than spoken.
32. If you've got a Cancer in your life then you're in luck, Cancers are known to move heaven and earth for the people they care about.
33. Cancers have a great sense of intuition and their judgement of people is often spot on. If a Cancer tells you someone is bad news, it's probably best to listen to them.
34. Cancers are the most sentimental of all the zodiac signs. The small things go a long way when winning over a Cancer.
35. Cancers like to see things for themselves and don't want to get caught up or believe in gossip.
36. Cancers are the rock that can be strong for those around them. People often find that the most dependable person in their lives is a Cancer.
37. Cancers are known for wearing their hearts on their sleeves and being fiercely loyal to those around them.
38. If a Cancer stops caring about someone it will be for a good reason and they won't ever second guess themselves.
39. Cancers place a very high value on memories so making sure you spend quality time with the Cancers in your life is very important.
40. Friends, family, food and money in order are things that make a Cancer extra happy.
41. Cancers are likely to have only a few close friends. They go all in when they trust and connect with people but tend to be more guarded and don't want to invest in a wide circle.
Facts About Not So Popular Cancer Traits
These are some not-so-great things about Cancers that are handy to know if you're dealing with issues in love or friendship. Of course, these aren't factual but some of these interesting "facts" about Cancerians may be relatable to some and give you insight to your behaviours. We always find it pretty freaky when this happens!
42. A Cancer never forgets the past and some of the time will bring up long gone wrongdoings for the sake of proving a point.
43. Cancers don't argue a lot, but when they do they are fierce and cutthroat and will shut their opponent down quickly.
44. The spotlight is not for Cancers, they would rather the attention be on others and tend to be people who feel super awkward in the spotlight.
45. It's very hard for a Cancer to turn their brain off. While they love sleep, they might be up late at night trying to stop thinking.
46. The Cancer zodiac sign has moods that change often. They can go from wild and thrill seeking to introverted in one day.
47. A negative trait often associated with Cancers is that most of the time they are people who find it very hard to forgive.
48. Because they are controlled by the changing moon, Cancers can get angry and frustrated and will sometimes snap without a real reason.
49. Cancers are sometimes guarded and don't fall for people easily, but when they do fall in love, they are the ultimate companion thanks to their willingness to give themselves fully to their loved ones.
50. If a Cancer is feeling sad or depressed, they are likely to shut down communication channels so don't expect them to be available 24/7.
51. When people betray the trust of a Cancer, they are going to have a hard time being forgiven.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly facts for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our fascinating Cancer facts for July babies then why not take a look at our list of zodiac facts, or love facts?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.