A father and child relationship is one of the purest and loving relationships in the world.
When the world started acknowledging mothers, people slowly began seeing fathers and father figures in the same view. Today, we celebrate a day dedicated to fathers and call it Father's Day.
Mother's day is widely celebrated across the world, and so is father's day. But, can you answer the father's day trivia questions and answers to impress your father with your knowledge? We have compiled the quiz according to fun facts on dads, facts about father's day, and some funny facts about father's day. If you like our content below, why not check our trivia compilation on Birthday trivia and wedding trivia to have more fun with your dad? So, let's start playing about the card sending holiday with your dad!
Easy Father's Day Trivia
Father's day is a day dedicated to remembering everything your dad has done for you. We have listed below some easy questions from father's day facts, unusual father's day facts, and fun facts about dads that would surely make your day with your father a memorable one. Play the dad trivia questions below and share the lovable bond.
1. Question: When is Father's Day celebrated?
Answer: The third Sunday in June.
2. Question: When was the first Father's Day celebrated?
Answer: 19 June, 1910.
3. Question: Where was the first father's day celebrated?
Answer: Spokane, Washington.
4. Question: Who founded Father's day as a day to celebrate the child and father relationship?
Answer: Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd.
5. Question: Name the U.S. president who initiated the celebration of father's day with a presidential proclamation?
Answer: Lyndon Johnson.
6. Question: According to Hallmark, the largest card sending and selling company, what percent of father's day cards are given to fathers?
7. Question: According to Hallmark, where do the father's day cards rank in their list of most sold cards?
Answer: 5th position.
8. Question: What percentage of cards bought on fathers day are sent to the husbands, as surveyed by Hallmark, the largest card sending and selling company?
9. Question: What is the name of the Father's Day in Germany?
10. Question: What is the most gifted present that fathers receive on this day?
Movies And TV Dad Trivia
Father's day was founded on 19 June, 1910 in Spokane, Washington. Since then the day has been celebrated merrily across the world on every third Sunday in June. And, it helped several filmmakers to celebrate the day with movies dedicated to the father and child relationship. We have compiled below a father trivia from the movies and TV for you to enjoy answering.
11. Question: Released in the 1980s, this revolutionary movie tells the story of a stay-at-home dad and is played by the actor Michael Keaton.
Answer: 'Mr. Dad' (1983).
12. Question: An unexpected and lovable storyline where the son explores the life of his dad when he falls ill and a journalist comes to visit them. Name the movie which stars Albert Finney and Billy Crudup.
Answer: 'Big Fish' (2003).
13. Question: The story of two sisters and their strict dad. The movie plot revolves around a stern father and his absurd rule for her daughter's dates. Name the movie.
Answer: '10 Things I Hate About You' (1999).
14. Question: This beautiful Italian film revolves around a father and son who are in search of their bicycle which was stolen in the city. Name the movie.
Answer: 'Bicycle Thieves' (1948).
15. Question: Name the movie of a comedic story of a father who cross dresses just to meet his kids who are in the custody of his divorced wife.
Answer: 'Mrs. Doubtfire (1993).
16. Question: This 'Hamlet' adapted Disney movie is about a fatherly figure and a lion cub. Hint: Hakuna Matata!
Answer: 'The Lion King' (1994).
17. Question: Name the superhero X-men film that revolves around the story of a dad and his daughter. Hint: The movie stars Hugh Jackman.
Answer: 'Logan' (2017).
18. Question: A movie by Christopher Nolan, which stars Matthew McConaughey who acts as a pilot to agrees to do anything to save his children. Can you name this thrilling movie?
Answer: 'Interstellar' (2014).
19. Question: A Pixar classic movie, the story of a father who swims across the ocean to find his missing son. Can you name the animated movie?
Answer: 'Finding Nemo' (2003).
20. Question: This funny and heartwarming movie tells the story of three bachelors who one day find a baby left at their doorstep. Can you name the movie?
Answer: 'Three Men And A Baby' (1987).
Famous Fathers Trivia
The above father's day fun facts were surely entertaining. What if we bring you some fatherhood facts trivia, like famous father facts, father daughter trivia questions, and fun facts for new dads. After all, the trivia is all about father's day, so why not answer questions on the fun facts about fathers and father's day trivia facts? We hope this compilation of famous father's day quiz questions will surely make your third Sunday of the month the best Sunday.
21. Question: Name the famous father who named her daughter Apple?
Answer: Chris Martin.
22. Question: Who is Angelina Jolie's father, who is also an actor?
Answer: Jon Voight.
23. Question: Name the famous dad whose kids are named children Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz and Harper?
Answer: David Beckham.
24. Question: When did the former Canadian Prime Minister and famous father of Justin Trudeau, Pierre Trudeau die?
Answer: 28 September, 2000.
25. Question: How many children does US President Donald Trump have?
26. Question: Name the famous rapper and father who named his child Chicago, after his hometown.
Answer: Kanye West.
27. Question: Name the singing father-daughter duo who secured a Billboard number one.
Answer: Frank Sinatra and Nancy Sinatra.
28. Question: This extremely heartwarming film is played by a father-son duo in real life. It is a duo of a salesman and his son's hardship and homelessness. Can you name the movie?
Answer: 'The Pursuit of Happiness' (2006).
29. Question: Name the father of Jennifer Anniston who appeared in the 1985 TV show 'Days Of Our Lives.'
Answer: John Anniston.
30. Question: Name the famous father-daughter duo who appeared in the TV show 'Hannah Montana'.
Answer: Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Ray Cyrus.
Here, at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Father's Day trivia, then why not look at Valentine's Day trivia and Thanksgiving trivia.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.