There's no better way to get through a stressful situation than with laughter. As a parent, teaching your kids some of your favourite jokes and hearing their laughter is a great mood-booster for the both of you - and watching them re-tell them to friends and family during video calls is a fantastic way to spread even more cheer, not to mention improve on your children's social skills. We've rounded up our fifty top family-friendly jokes that your child will love - check them out below!
Knock Knock Jokes
A classic knock-knock joke will have the whole family laughing, no matter what age they are - and while they may be slightly cheesy to listen to, it's all in good fun. Knock-knock jokes can be a bit hard to remember as they have several parts to them, so we've taken extra special care to round up the funniest ones that will stick in your little one's head. If you're looking for funny jokes that your kids are going to want to tell over and over again, you're in the right place.
1) Knock knock!
Dishes me, who are you?
2) Knock knock!
Doughnut ask me, I just got here.
3) Knock, knock!
S'cold outside, let me in!
4) Knock, knock!
5) Knock, knock!
Annie body home?
6) Knock, knock.
A little old lady.
A little old lady who?
Hey, I didn’t know you could yodel!
7) Knock, knock.
Don’t cry, it’s just a joke!
8) Knock, knock.
Cows go who?
No, silly! Cows go “Moo!”
Nothing guarantees a laugh like a good old animal joke. Children love animals; most of their books, TV shows and the first things they learn about are animals, so it's only natural that some of the first jokes that they're told revolve around the creatures.
9) Why couldn't the pony sing? He was a little hoarse!
10) Why do seagulls fly over the sea? Because if they flew over the bay, they'd be bagels!
11) What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador
12) What do you call a dinosaur that is sleeping? A dino-snore!
13) What animal is always at a baseball game? A bat.
14) What do you call a fly with no wings? A walk.
15) Where do cows go on Friday nights? They go to the moo-vies!
16) How do you make an octopus laugh? With ten-tickles!
17) Where would you find an elephant? The same place you lost her.
What do kids love just as much as animals? Their food! If you're searching for jokes under the realm of food - we've got you covered. (Who knew there were so many jokes to be told about bananas?)
18) Why did the cookie go to the doctors? Because he was feeling crummy.
19) What did the banana say to the dog? Nothing. Bananas can’t talk.
20) Why did the banana go to the doctor? Because it wasn’t peeling well.
21) Why didn’t the orange win the race? It ran out of juice.
22) What do ghosts like to eat in the summer? I Scream.
23) What do you call a cheese that’s not yours? Nacho cheese!
24) Why did the teddy bear not ask for dessert? Because he was already so stuffed!
25) What kind of key opens a banana? A monkey!
When it comes to the funniest jokes for kids, you definitely can't forget the ones about people. From pirates to students, to princesses - there's plenty to get you giggling.
26) Why did the student eat his homework? Because the teacher told him it was a piece of cake!
27) What's a pirate's favourite letter? Arrrrrrrrrr!
28) Why can't you give Queen Elsa a balloon? Because she'll let it go.
29) Why did the kid throw his clock out the window? Because he wanted to see time fly!
30) Why is Cinderella bad at football? Because she’s always running away from the ball!
Cross The ___ Jokes
You may groan when you hear the old "Why did the chicken cross the...?" - but you can't deny that you always end up stifling a laugh. Kids love these jokes, and you may be pleased to learn that they're not all about chickens. Check out these funny variations that you may not have heard before!
31) Why did the goldfish cross the road? Because the chicken was on holiday!
32) Why did the chewing gum cross the road? Because it was stuck on the chicken’s foot!
33) Why did the kid cross the playground? To get to the other slide.
Riddles are an awesome way to stimulate the brain - both in kids and adults. The hilarious questions not only engage children's problem-solving skills but will also have them giggling along the way.
34) What gets wetter and wetter the more that it dries? A towel!
35) What's really easy to get into, and hard to get out of? Trouble.
36) What is full of holes but still holds water? A sponge.
37) Where can you find cities, towns, shops, and streets but no people? A map.
38) A girl fell off a 20-foot ladder. She wasn't hurt. Why? She fell off the bottom step.
We're not quite done with the laughs yet, here are a few extra kids jokes that the whole family will love.
39) How do you make a tissue dance? You put a little boogie in it!
40) Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7, 8, 9.
41) How do you talk to a giant? You use big words!
42) How do you know that the ocean is friendly? It waves!
43) What do you call a boomerang that won’t come back? A stick.
44) How does the moon cut his hair? Eclipse it!
45) What kind of tree fits in your hand? A palm tree!
46) What did the science book say to the math book? Wow, you've got problems.
47) What has four wheels and flies? A rubbish truck!
48) What did the traffic light say to the cars? Don't look, I'm changing!
49) What kind of room doesn’t have doors? A mushroom!
50) What time is it when the clock strikes 13? Time to get a new clock.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.