Do you love the film 'Forrest Gump'?
If yes, then this 'Forrest Gump' facts trivia quiz is for you! Almost every viewer loved Tom Hanks in 'Forrest Gump', and the friendship of Bubba and Forrest touched many hearts and encouraged us all to say sweet words to our own friends after watching.
The trivia below has many 'Forrest Gump' fun facts that you may or may not know. So if you think you are an avid watcher, love Robert Zemeckis' work and know this film well, then reading and guessing these 'Forrest Gump' movie questions and answers should be a piece of cake for you! Also, if you enjoyed 'Mean Girls' trivia and '90s movie trivia, you will surely love this one as it is full of amazing facts about 'Forrest Gump', its cast, storyline, and quotes.
'Forrest Gump' Cast And Production Trivia
'Forrest Gump' had quite an interesting cast and production facility. One can say that Robert Zemeckis did his job well! The friendship of Bubba and Gump is so beautiful and this Bubba Gump trivia is all you need. Here is a 'Forrest Gump' movie fact: did you know the actor who played the mother to Forrest was just 10 years older than him in real life? Interesting right? And did you know that the famous bridge scenes are shot on three different bridges? We're pretty sure these were some things you didn't know about 'Forrest Gump'. If you did know these 'Forrest Gump' questions then it should be easy for you to get these 'Forrest Gump' trivia answers right. Good luck!
1. Question: Where was the park bench located on which Tom Hanks sat during the film?
Answer: Chippewa Square, in historic Savannah, Georgia.
2. Question: Who plays Forrest Gump?
Answer: Tom Hanks.
3. Question: During the making of 'Forrest Gump' who doubled for Tom Hanks during his running scenes?
Answer: His brother, Jim Hanks.
4. Question: In what accent is Tom Hanks/Forrest Gump talking throughout the film?
Answer: A Southern American accent.
5. Question: 'Forrest Gump' is based on the real life story of which Veteran ?
Answer: Sammy Lee Davis.
6. Question: What was Tom Hanks' age in 'Forrest Gump'?
7. Question: When Tom Hanks shot the football running scene, what illness was he suffering from?
8. Question: Who designed the special wheelchair for Gary Sinise?
Answer: Magician Ricky Jay.
9. Question: How many times was the Dr. Pepper scene shot?
Answer: Seven times.
10. Question: Where was Forrest Gump from and where was he born?
Answer: Greenbow, Alabama.
11. Question: Tupac Shakur auditioned for which role?
12. Question: How many days did it take for the film to pass the $250 million mark?
Answer: 66 days.
13. Question: According to the writer, Winston Groom, who made a perfect 'Forrest Gump' in his thoughts?
Answer: John Goodman.
14. Question: What year did Winston Groom publish the book 'Forrest Gump'?
15. Question: Who was Forrest Gump named after ?
Answer: After his ancestor, Nathan Bedford Forrest.
16. Question: Who plays the role of Forrest Jr.?
Answer: Haley Joel Osment.
17. Question: Where were the disco scenes shot?
Answer: Ambassador Hotel, LA, California.
18. Question: Who played the role of Forrest's mother?
Answer: Sally Field.
19. Question: How long did the filming of the movie take?
Answer: Four months.
20. Question: What kind of trees were planted to improve the Vietnam scenes?
21. Question: Who composed the score for 'Forrest Gump'?
Answer: Alan Silvestri.
22. Question: Who was director Robert Zemeckis' first choice for the title role?
Answer: Harry Anderson.
23. Question: Hanna Hall played what character in the film?
Answer: Young Jenny Curran.
24. Question: Joe Pesci was considered for which role?
Answer: Lt Dan Taylor played by Gary Sinise.
25. Question: What was Tom Hanks's favorite scene from the film?
Answer: Scene in which Lt Dan (Gary Sinise) got new (artificial) legs.
26. Question: Where does Elizabeth Hanks, Tom Hanks's real-life daughter, make a cameo appearance?
Answer: She was the girl on the school bus with red hair.
27. Question: Who is the boy who refuses to let Forrest sit next to him?
Answer: Alexander Zemeckis, director Robert Zemeckis' real-life son.
28. Question: Who played Jenny?
Answer: Robin Wright Penn.
29. Question: Whose role did Mykelti Williamson play in the film?
Answer: Benjamin Buford Blue.
30. Question: What nickname does Benjamin Buford Blue have in the film?
31. Question: What bridge had a "Welcome to Mississippi" sign and is also popularly known as the 'Forrest Gump' bridge?
Answer: Chowan Creek Bridge.
32. Question: How does the 'Forrest Gump' book ending differ for Jenny, the kid, and Forrest?
Answer: As shown in the film, Forrest gets to know and spend time with Jenny and the kid before she sadly dies, but in the bookend, Jenny leaves with another man to raise the child.
'Forrest Gump' Plot Trivia
The entire plot by Winston Groom and direction by Robert Zemeckis for the movie made it an Oscar winner, as Tom Hanks won an Oscar for his complex yet beautiful acting. This trivia is filled with interesting facts about 'Forrest Gump' and the characters like Lt Dan played by Gary Sinise, Forrest by Tom Hanks and more. Try your hand at this 'Forrest Gump' movie facts quiz.
33. Question: What was Forrest Gump's hometown?
Answer: Greenblow, Alabama.
34. Question: Where is Forrest Gump's father, according to his mama?
Answer: On a long vacation.
35. Question: What did Forrest's mother always tell him about Thule, Greenland?
Answer: There were absolutely no trees.
36. Question: What was inscribed on the Saint Christopher Medal?
Answer: "Protect Us In Combat".
37. Question: What was the name of the principal at Greenbow County School?
Answer: Mr. Hancock.
38. Question: Why was Forrest Gump's walking not stable?
Answer: Forrest Gump's legs had an external brace making it difficult to walk.
39. Question: When did Jenny die?
Answer: 22 March 1982.
40. Question: Which country did the American Ping-Pong team, along with Forrest, travel to?
41. Question: What game did Hanks play in the film, for which he got a scholarship to go to college?
42. Question: Which table sport did Tom Hanks played in the movie?
Answer: Ping Pong.
43. Question: What was the first thing Forrest said during the movie?
44. Question: What did Forrest name his shrimp company?
Answer: Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.
45. Question: To whom does Forrest give Bubba's share of profits from his shrimp company?
Answer: Bubba's family.
46. Question: In the 'Forrest Gump' helicopter scene, who is sitting beside Forrest?
47. Question: Why was Forrest made to wear braces on his legs?
Answer: He had a crooked spine.
48. Question: How old was Jenny when she died in the movie?
49. Question: What did Forrest do with the money he got for using a particular Ping-Pong paddle?
Answer: He brought his shrimp boat.
50. Question: How much did 'Forrest Gump' receive for using a particular brand's Ping-Pong paddle?
51. Question: What was Forrest's IQ as a child?
52. Question: What was the bus driver's name?
Answer: Dorothy Harris.
53. Question: What was Forrest Gump's jersey number on the college football team?
54. Question: How many men did Forrest carry to safety and save during the firefight in Vietnam?
55. Question: How long did Forrest run for?
Answer: Three years, two months, fourteen days, and sixteen hours.
56. Question: What were Bubba's last words in the movie?
Answer: "I just want to go home."
57. Question: How many Dr. Peppers did Forrest drink before meeting President Kennedy?
58. Question: In the 'Forrest Gump' hurricane scene, what was the hurricane's name that hit all the boats except Forrest's?
59. Question: Where did Forrest get shot?
Answer: His buttocks.
60. Question: 'Forrest Gump' fought during which attack?
Answer: Napalm attack.
61. Question: What name did Forrest give to his boat?
62. Question: What bus number was Forrest supposed to take to get to Jenny's house?
Answer: Bus number nine.
63. Question: Name the street where Jenny lived with her son.
Answer: Henry St.
64. Question: Where was Bubba from?
Answer: Bayou La Batre, Alabama.
65. Question: What was Lt Dan's fiancée's name?
66. Question: What day of the week did Forrest's mother die?
67. Question: Who presented the Medal of Honor to Forrest?
Answer: Lyndon B. Johnson.
68. Question: According to Forrest, what is the best present anyone could get?
69. Question: What day of the week did Jenny die on?
70. Question: Who came up with the smiley face idea in the film?
Answer: Forrest Gump.
71. Question: What color was the famous 'Forrest Gump' plaid shirt?
72. Question: When is Forrest Gump's birthday?
Answer: 6 June 1944.
'Forrest Gump' Quotes And Phrases Trivia
'Forrest Gump' was such a good movie that had so many beautiful dialogues and scenes one can never forget. It is especially lovely due to the fact that it was loosely based on a true story. Hanks beautifully expresses the dialogues and quotes in the movie that appeal to you even after the movie is over. In this section of 'Forrest Gump' movie trivia, we have found some phrases and quotes from 'Forrest Gump' that will test your ability to retain the film's dialogues, famous ones especially. Answer these 'Forrest Gump' trivia questions and answers to prove you are a true fan!
73. Question: Who said, "Run, Forrest, run!" to Forrest?
74. Question: Complete the phrase, "We were the first Americans to have been there in like a..."?
Answer: "Million years."
75. Question: What did Forrest say when he came to the end of his three year run in Southwestern Dessert?
Answer: "I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now."
76. Question: Complete this phrase, "Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates..."?
Answer: "You never know what you're gonna get."
77. Question: What food relation does Forrest use to describe his relationship with Jenny?
Answer: Peas and carrots.
78. Question: What did Forrest have to say about the name Jenny?
Answer: Forrest thought it was the most beautiful name in the world.
79. Question: Finish this quote, "She showed me how to climb. I showed her how to..."?
80. Question: Why were Forrest Gump's eyes closed in photographs? What line from the film explains this.
Answer: It was his mother's advice, he says, "My mama always told me to close my eyes when people take my picture".
81. Question: What line was ad-libbed by Tom Hanks during filming 'Forrest Gump'?
Answer: "My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump."
82. Question: Which quote from the movie was voted as the 40th best movie quote ever by the American Film Institute?
Answer: "My mama always said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get."
83. Question: In the film, who said "You must be my FNGs" after meeting Forrest and Bubba?
Answer: Lt Dan Taylor.
84. Question: Who sang the song 'Imagine', which is quotes in dialogue throughout the film?
Answer: John Lennon's.
85. Question: Who said, "Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far, far, far away from here"?
86. Question: Finish this quote, "There's an awful lot you can tell about someone..."?
Answer: "By their shoes."
87. Question: Complete this iconic dialogue, "I'm not a smart man..."?
Answer: "But I know what love is."
88. Question: Who said, "What's normal anyway"?
Answer: Mrs. Gump, played by Sally Field.
89. Question: Who said this iconic dialogue, "Get your hands down. Do not salute me. There are snipers all around this area who would love to grease an officer"?
Answer: Lt Dan Taylor.
90. Question: Who said, "I know everything there is to know about the shrimp business"?
91. Question: Complete this quote, 'The best thing about visiting the President is the..."?
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 'Forrest Gump' trivia then why not take a look at our James Bond trivia or easy movie trivia questions and answers for more trivia quizzes for the whole family?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.