The Bible is important in the Christian religion, as it guides Christians and helps them to get closer to God.
But sometimes, if you're paying special attention to the verses, you'll realize there are also some funny moments in there. You might not expect to laugh when reading a holy book, but these funny Bible quotes show that it is possible.
Funny Bible quotes are a great, accessible way for Christians to encourage kids to read and take an interest in the Bible. Through discovering some funny Bible quotes, kids may be more excited to go to Church or to read other biblical passages and learn important lessons from them.
So, if you are looking for some funny quotes for Church or funny quotes from the Bible, we have gathered a list of some uncommon biblical verses from the Bible. These are 25 funny quotes and funny Bible verses. If you like these funny Bible verses, why not check out these [funny Confucius quotes] and Easter Bible quotes too?
Funny Bible Verses To Lookout For
Are you looking for the best Bible verses? Here are some funny quotes from the Bible that might just leave the whole family laughing! Humor is a funny thing, we all share it, but we all have our own unique version of it. Does your humor extend to these funny Bible quotes? Why not have a read of this list of funny quotes for Church to find out?
1. "Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written."
- John 21:25.
2. "From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. 'Get out of here, baldy!' they said. 'Get out of here, baldy!'.
-2 Kings 2:23.
3. "Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion."
4. "Your teeth are whiter than sheep freshly washed; they match perfectly, not one is missing."
-Song Of Solomon 4:2.
5. "The Lord said, 'If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."
- Genesis 11:3-7.
6. "Then the Lord spoke to the sea creature, and it spewed Jonah onto the dry land."
7. "The rich can be sued for everything they have, but the poor are free of such threats."
8. "Better to live alone in a tumbledown shack than share a mansion with a nagging spouse."
9. "Now it came about after these things, that it was told Abraham, saying, ‘Behold, Milcah also has borne children to your brother Nahor: Uz his firstborn and Buz his brother."
10. "He turned around, looked at them, and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."
-2 Kings 2:24.
Funny Bible Quotes Out Of Context
Have you enjoyed all of the funny Bible quotes so far? Humor is, of course perceptive, but sometimes a verse, when you take it out of context, becomes hilarious and you will never see it the same way again. For encouraging kids to enjoy reading the Bible, some short snappy, and (out of context) funny quotes can be the perfect starting point! Will any of these funny Bible quotes make you or your kids giggle?
11. "Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves’ eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead."
-Song of Solomon 4:1.
12. "I will accept no bull from your house."
13. "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly."
14. "Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me."
15. "Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her."
16. "He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, it will be reckoned a curse to him."
17. "Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on."
- Acts 20:9.
18. "... please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection."
19. "Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate."
20. "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."
21. "The lookout reported, 'He has reached them, but he isn't coming back either. The driving is like that of Jehu son of Nimshi- for he drives furiously.'"
22. "If only you would be altogether silent! For you, that would be wisdom."
23. "Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts."
24. "I will bring distress on mankind, so that they shall walk like the blind, because they have sinned against the Lord; their blood shall be poured out like dust, and their flesh like dung."
25. "My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 25 funny Bible quotes that kids will love, why not look at these Christian quotes about love or thank you God quotes too?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.