Easter eggs and Easter egg hunts are famous traditions of the festival.
Easter is a fun festival celebrated to commemorate the return of Jesus three days after his crucification. Catholics and Christians celebrate it worldwide with candles, lights, music and ringing bells at the church.
An Easter egg is a thing of great importance and hence varieties of Cadbury chocolate eggs, cream eggs, chocolate bunnies and more become the center of attraction. Here are some of the funny Easter sayings that are as good as chocolate bunny to make your day.
If you like this article about funny easter quotes, you may also want to check our other quotes articles [Christian Easter quotes] and bunny quotes.
Funny Easter Quotes
Here are some funny Easter sayings, funny quotes about Easter and funny holiday quotes.
1. "Two thousand years ago, Jesus is crucified. Three days later, he walks out of a cave and they celebrate with chocolate bunnies and marshmallow Peeps and beautifully decorated eggs. I guess these were things Jesus loved as a child."
- Billy Crystal.
2. "I lied on my Weight Watchers list. I put down that I had three eggs... but they were Cadbury chocolate eggs."
- Caroline Rhea.
3. “All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!”
- Charles M. Schulz.
4. "There are always some churchgoers whom the preacher doesn't remember from one Easter to the next."
- Evan Esar.
5. “My mom asked me what I’m doing at Easter. I said the same as Jesus – going out Friday, coming back Monday.”
6. "Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all your eggs in one basket."
- Evan Esar.
7. “I always felt Batman was best suited to the role of gritty urban crime detective, but now you guys have got him up against Santas, and Easter bunnies? I’m sorry, but that’s not my Batman!”
8. "Sherrill On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer."
- Douglas Horton.
9. "The Easter bunny ate all of the carrots we left for him. What a pig."
- Steve Carell.
10. “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.”
- Pope John Paul II.
Happy Easter Quotes
Here are some funny happy Easter quotes and funny Easter captions that are as good as chocolate.
11. "Christ has not only spoken to us by his life but has also spoken for us by his death."
- Soren Kierkegaard.
12. "The promise of spring's arrival is enough to get anyone through the bitter winter."
- Jen Selinsky.
13. "That first Easter must have been awkward, because you know the apostles had already divided up Jesus' stuff."
- William Ader.
14. "The great gift of Easter is hope."
- Basil Hume.
15. "The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created spring."
- Bernard Williams.
16. "You'll wake up on Easter morning, and you'll know that he was there, when you find those choc'late bunnies, That he's hiding everywhere."
- Gene Autry.
17. "Christ the Lord is risen today, sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; sing, ye heavens and Earth reply."
- Charles Wesley.
18. "My favorite Catholic holiday is Easter. For those of you that don't know, Easter is the day we celebrate Jesus rising from the grave and coming back to Earth as a rabbit that hides colored eggs."
- Adam Ferrara.
19. "The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise."
- Carl Knudsen.
20. "Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness."
- Floyd W. Tomkins.
21. "I was over in Australia during Easter, which was really interesting. You know, they celebrate Easter the exact same way we do, commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children that a giant bunny rabbit … left chocolate eggs in the night."
- Bill Hicks.
Cute Easter Quotes
Cute and funny Easter quotes bring out the emotions. Check them out.
22. "Easter is a sign of peace and forgiveness for Jesus, as well as all our brothers and sisters."
- Gene Skaggs Jr.
23. "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime."
- Martin Luther.
24. “Every day’s a rebirth. Every day is Easter. Just remember to color your eggs happy colors, like yellow and baby blue.”
- Mark Ellinger.
25. “Passover and Easter are the only Jewish and Christian holidays that move in sync, like the ice skating pairs we saw during the winter Olympics.”
26. "Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life."
- Janine di Giovanni.
27. "Twas Easter-Sunday. The full-blossomed trees
Filled all the air with fragrance and with joy."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
28. "Easter was when Hope in person surprised the whole world by coming forward from the future into the present."
- N.T. Wright.
29. "A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."
- Bernard Meltzer.
30. "I always like to think I'm having a dinner party, and I'm the host, and the audience are my guests."
- Caroline Rhea.
31. "My mom used to say that Greek Easter was late because then you get stuff cheaper."
- Amy Sedaris.
32. "I have always wanted a bunny and I'll always have a rabbit the rest of my life."
- Amy Sedaris.
33. "Lent was invented so Catholics could take another shot at their New Year's resolutions."
- Bernard Meltzer.
34. "When I come back, if I see any eggs, the whole salvation thing is off?"
- Jon Stewart.
35. "Easter is very important to me; it's a second chance."
- Reba McEntire.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for funny easter quotes then why not take a look at chocolate quotes, or chicken quotes.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.