From the game 'Dungeons And Dragons', Githyanki and Githzerai are tall and thin humanoids with harsh, rugged yellow skin and dark eyes.
The scandalous Githyanki are a humanoid race of warriors and fighters who hail from the Astral Plane. The Githyanki (also known as the Gith) are found in the hugely popular 'Dungeons And Dragons' fantasy tabletop role playing game.
Githyanki from the Astral Plane are known for being particularly good at following orders. They are innately able to reproduce the effects of the mage hand and make great barbarians in the game.
Githyanki Names For Girls
Some good Githyanki names include Dhenirigan, Gerzenit, Izzussan and Nezethet. Here's a list of some of the top Githyanki names for girls.
1 Almeta (Latin origin) means "ambitious".
2. Althea (Greek origin) means “with healing power”.
3. Alexa (Greek origin) means “protector of mankind”
4. Barbara (Greek Origin) means "traveler from a foreign land".
5. Calliope (Greek Origin) means “beautiful voice”.
6. Cassandra (Greek Origin) means “prophetess”.
7. Celestia (Latin Origin) means “heavenly.”
8. Charizard, a cute name after the character from Pokémon.
9. Faer (English Origin) means "traveler or wanderer".
10. Farrah (Middle Eastern Origin) means "travel".
11. Marcela (Spanish origin) means “Mars” “war” or “warring.”
12. Millicent (Greek origin) means "ambitious". A perfect name for a female githyanki knight.
13. Mushu, the cute sidekick from the animated movie 'Mulan'.
14. Nocona (Native American Origin) means "wanderer" or "camper".
15. Puff, inspired by the character in the TV show 'Puff The Magic Dragon', who lived by the sea.
16. Ranulph (Norse Origin) means 'shield wolf'.
17. Rosetta (German origin) means “noted protector”.
18. Saira (Hebrew Origin) means "traveler".
19. Saphira, after the main dragon from the book series 'Eragon'.
20. Serafina (Hebrew origin) means “fiery ones”. A perfect name for a githyanki with telekinesis power.
Githyanki Names For Boys
Notwithstanding their hatred of the mind flayers, the githyanki have a profound split with their cousins, the githzerai, and the two races just constantly send threats despite a mind flayer. Telekinesis was one of the psychic abilities of the giths.
21. Aelfdene (English origin) means “from the Elfin valley".
22. Alvin (English origin) means “noble friend” or “friend of the elves”.
23. Argus (Greek origin) means “watchful guardian”.
24. Blackbeard, after the most famous and feared wanderer ever to sail the seven seas.
25. Brice (Welsh origin) means "ambitious". You can also use this for githyanki last names.
26. Cleon (Greek origin) means “renowned” or “glorious”.
27. Rhulis, a character from 'Dungeons And Dragons'.
28. Draco (Greek origin) means “dragon”.
29. Grimlock, after the T-Rex dinobot from the 'Transformers' series.
30. Herbert, after the main character from 'Herbert The Timid Dragon' by Mercer Mayer.
31. Jabberwock, inspired by Lewis Carroll's poem of the same name.
32. Kilgharrah, a great dragon from the show 'Merlin' is the perfect name choice for your character.
33. Nakoa (Hawaiian origin) means “warrior”.
34. Norbert, a cute human name for your character inspired by the 'Harry Potter' book series.
35. Oberon (English origin) means “noble” or “bearlike”.
36. Pascal, after the chameleon best friend of Rapunzel from Disney’s 'Tangled' movie.
37. Pendragon (Middle Welsh origin) means "dragon, warrior". It is also the family name of the legendary King Arthur.
38. Rango, a perfect name inspired by the main humanoid chameleon protagonist in the movie 'Rango'.
39. Reptar, after the most famous character from the '90s TV show 'The Rugrats'.
40. Rex, a perfect name for your character after the T-Rex toy from movie 'Toy Story'.
Gender Neutral Githyanki Names
Githyanki warriors, now and then, are alluded to as 'gith warriors'. They have the capacity to naturally duplicate the impacts of the mage hand, bounce, dim advance and carry out non-detection spells, while the more impressive knights were additionally fit for plane moving and had supernatural powers.
41. Dino (Greek origin) means "little sword". The name is a perfect example of the best Githzerai names.
42. Remi (French origin) means "remedy".
43. Razor (Medieval Latin origin) means "to scrape".
44. Smaug, after the dragon from 'The Hobbit'.
45. Somerild (Scandinavian origin) meaning "summer traveler".
46. Spartacus (Latin origin) means "from the city of Sparta".
47. Stian (Norse Origin) means "wanderer".
48. Tiberius (Latin origin) means "one who lives near Tiber river".
49. Wendell (German origin) means "traveler" or "seeker".
50. Yoshi, after the computer game character Mario's little friend.
Kidadl has lots of great names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Githyanki names then why not take a look at these Goliath names, or for something different take a look at these black dragon names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.