Giraffes are animals that have long legs, but their body is small in comparison.
The giraffe’s eyes are located on both sides of the skull, giving them an all-round look from the height. A male giraffe’s average size is 14-18 feet, but you’ll find the female giraffes a bit shorter than them.
A fully grown male giraffe’s average weight would be around 1192 kg, and of a female giraffe would be 828 kg. From Chad in the north to South Africa in the south, Niger in the east to Somalia in the west, the giraffes love the savannahs and the woodlands. The giraffes are herbivores, and their food source is from the taller trees because they find it reachable for their size, Giraffes are social animals.
They live together in groups of varying sizes. The male giraffes form more of a non-related group with other males where they indulge in play fights too. The female giraffes are the caregivers and nurturers for the baby giraffes. They have a matrilineal pattern. The groups of giraffes are subdivided into subcategories depending on various aspects. As an animal, Giraffes have symbolic meaning, they connote uniqueness and pride.
Quotes about giraffes are liked by all. Whether it be encouragement giraffe quotes or giraffe quotes about faith or firaffe quotes and jokes, you will cherish them all. Along with funny giraffe quotes and sayings, you can also read tiger quotes, and Tim Burton quotes.
Inspirational Giraffe Quotes
Giraffes are not territorial or deadly when left undisturbed. However, they are known to have the most intense kick. For more interesting Giraffe quotes and sayings, do read along, there are some cute giraffe quotes, too.
1. “Sometimes facing opportunity is like staring at the knees of a giraffe.”
- Laurie Beth Jones.
2. “Wildlife is something which man cannot construct. Once it is gone, it is gone forever. Man can rebuild a pyramid, but he can’t rebuild ecology, or a giraffe.”
- Joy Adamson.
3. “You can’t always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.”
- Frank Zappa.
4. “However much you know giraffes, to see one in the wild for the first time feels prehistoric.”
- Jane Goodall.
5. “Consider the biggest animals on the planet: elephants, and buffaloes, and giraffes. These are vegetarian animals. They grow to thousands of pounds of muscle and bone without ever eating cheeseburgers and pepperoni pizzas.”
- Michael Klaper.
6. “We all marvel at the airplanes so high / But we aren’t doing nothing but copying / What we see in the birds in the sky / We all marvel at the skyscrapers up so high / If we don’t be careful / All the giraffes might not have no life.”
- Billy Ray Cyrus.
7. “I have friends who come to the Australia Zoo, and it’s just, instead of playing video games, we get to hug and kiss a giraffe or walk a tiger.”
- Bindi Irwin.
8. “I have a toy giraffe on my bed. I’ve got photographs over my desk as well as a mask of a giraffe in my kitchen. I am totally hooked.”
- Joanna Lumley.
9. “It’s an incredibly difficult thing to bring a giraffe down. They can kill a lion with a single blow from their feet.”
- Joanna Lumley.
10. “Does the giraffe know what he’s for? Or care? Or even think about his place in things? A giraffe has a black tongue twenty-seven inches long and no vocal cords. A giraffe has nothing to say. He just goes on giraffing.”
- Robert Fulghum, ‘All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten’.
11. “The giraffe can behave like the gazelle, but its neck will always tell a story!”
- Ernest Agyemang Yeboah.
12. “God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style; He just goes on trying other things.”
- Pablo Picasso.
13. “A bit of advice: never read a pop-up book about giraffes.”
- Sean Lock.
14. “Evolution is so creative. That's how we got giraffes.”
- Kurt Vonnegut .
15. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
- E. E. Cummings.
Cool Giraffe Quotes About Life
Male giraffes use their necks as a weapon. In combat, the male giraffes prove their dominance by necking. Humans have always shared a loving relationship with the giraffes in life. Below are some more giraffe sayings, giraffe captions, and giraffe one liners,
16. “You need that guy like a giraffe needs strep throat.”
- Ann Landers.
17. “I would be a giraffe because I just want to experience what a sore throat and being a giraffe feels like. It would be really uncomfortable walking around in the Sahara and being like, ‘I really need, like, 15 lozenges for my giraffe body.’”
- Charlie Puth.
18. “Jason said, ‘Yes. Gerard T. Giraffe.’ What does the ‘T’ stand for? The.”
- Douglas Coupland.
19. “That’s just how time travel looks to the untrained eye. The reason why there aren’t more travelers is that your average physicist refuses to be eaten by a giraffe in the name of science.”
- Bradley Sands, ‘It Came From Below The Belt’.
20. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.”
- Martin Buber.
21. “Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal.”
- Alfred A. Montapert.
22. “Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
- Irene M. Pepperberg.
23. “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.”
- A. A. Milne.
24. “Animals are, like us, endangered species on an endangered planet, and we are the ones who are endangering them, it, and ourselves. They are innocent sufferers in a hell of our making.”
- Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson & Susan MCcarthy.
25. “Only animals were not expelled from Paradise.”
- Milan Kundera.
26. “Animals [create]...difficult standards for people to live up to.”
- Alfred A. Montapert.
27. “Animals are such agreeable friends they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.”
- George Eliot.
28. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”
- Anatole France.
29. “Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled.”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
30. “All of the animals except for man know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it.”
- Samuel Butler.
31. “The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp.”
- John Berry.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for [Gorgeous Giraffe quotes], then why not take a look at tulip quotes or 'Toy Story' quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.