There is no doubt that grandchildren play a special role in a grandparent's life.
Grandchildren are definitely a blessing. They are always full of energy, and these children are able to remind us of all that is great about life.
Special Grandchildren Quotes And Sayings
Save some of your favorite grandchildren quotes from the ones listed below and send them to your grandchildren to remind them how much they mean to you.
1. “Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.”
2. “Do you know why grandchildren are always so full of energy? They suck it out of their grandparents.”
3. “The grandchildren should not bear the debts of the grandparents.”
– Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
4. “What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars’ worth of pleasure.”
5. “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.”
6. “For the sake of our health, our children and grandchildren and even our economic well-being, we must make protecting the planet our top priority.”
– David Suzuki.
7. “Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.”
– Lois Wyse.
8. “Never have children, only grandchildren.”
– Gore Vidal.
9. “They say genes skip generations. Maybe that is why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable.”
― Joan McIntosh.
10. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until grandchildren are born.”
― Welsh Proverb.
11. “Grandchildren are loving reminders of what we’re really here for.”
- Janet Lanese.
12. “With your own children, you love them immediately― and with grandchildren, it’s exactly the same.”
― Kevin Whately.
13. "Grandchildren restore our zest for life, and our faith in humanity."
Funny Grandchildren Quotes
Grandchildren are hilarious. These quotes talk about the funny relationship between grandparents and grandchildren. Glance through them for a few smiles to remind you of the funny children you love so much!
14. "My grandkids believe I’m the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too."
– Gene Perret.
15. "I like to do nice things for my grandchildren like buy them those toys I’ve always wanted to play with."
– Gene Perret.
16. "Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet."
– Gene Perret.
17. "Elephants and grandchildren never forget."
– Andy Rooney.
18. "Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends - and hardly ever our own grown children."
19. "The idea that no one is perfect is a view most commonly held by people who do not have grandchildren."
20. "I have always enjoyed seeing the world through the eyes of my grandchildren."
- Neil Sedaka.
21. “The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy.”
— Sam Levenson.
22. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.”
– Lois Wyse.
23. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.”
— Ogden Nash.
24. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.”
— Lois Wyse.
25. "A grandchild is like a fine jewel set in an old ring."
26. "The only people interested in hearing about your grandchildren are other grandparents who want to tell you about theirs."
-Bryna Nelson Paston.
27. "Few things are more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own."
28. "There is no greater achievement than being a grandfather who tells fairy tales to grandchildren."
Lovely Grandchildren Quotes
There is no other bond as special as that between a grandchild and grandparents. If you love your grandchildren then you will love this quotes written by some famous authors too!
29. "The question is, are we happy to suppose that our grandchildren may never be able to see an elephant except in a picture book?"
30. "Being a mother and grandmother is the best of the best in my life. My grandchildren multiply the joy my daughters bring me."
31. "My wife, my daughters, even my grandchildren are funny. You've got to keep a sense of humor because anger destroys you."
32. "I have 22 grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and they keep me young."
33. “Grandchildren now don't write a thank you for the Christmas presents. They are walking on their pants with their cap on backward, listening to the Enema Man and Snoopy, Snoopy Poop Dog.”
― Alan Simpson.
Precious Grandchildren Sayings
Go through these precious sayings that other grandparents have to say about their grandchildren. These might remind you of your grandchildren too!
34. “A Grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her. She will always love them more than anyone would understand.”
― Karen Gibbs, 'A Gallery Of Scrapbook Creations'.
35. “For their holidays: the rich’s kids travel the world; the poor’s kids roam around their grandparents’ yard.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
36. “Only through love will we find our way to create a world worthy of our children and our grandchildren.”
― Laurence Overmire, 'The One Idea That Saves The World: A Call To Conscience And A Call to Action'.
37. "What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies."
38. "We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me."
39. "If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it!"
-Hannah Whitall Smith.
40. "My grandchild has taught me what true love means. It means watching Scooby-Doo cartoons while the basketball game is on another channel."
41. "Dearer than our children are the children of our children."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for grandchildren quotes, then why not take a look at these 'Cars 3' quotes, or good people quotes for more?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.