Grandchildren are wonderful blessings in grandparents' lives.
Grandchildren are so special thanks to their endless enthusiasm and unwavering love, they always seem to be able to find a wonderful way to show us their love and now it is our turn to do the same for them. Below are some of our favorite little sayings and quotes about granddaughters that inspire and encourage us to tell our grandchildren how much they mean to us.
A granddaughter quote is any saying or phrase that describes the joy and beauty you find in your granddaughter. These granddaughter quotes would be perfect to write in a card to your granddaughter, be it to celebrate her birthday, Christmas, receiving great exam results, or any other celebration!
Best Granddaughter Quotes
Celebrate your granddaughter with these special quotes that will warm your heart. Here are some granddaughter quotes for the whole family, particularly grandparents to cherish. Which of these granddaughter quotes is your favorite?
1. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until grandchildren are born.”
― Welsh Proverb.
2. “My granddaughter’s birth has made me want to create things she will love.”
— Billy Crystal.
3. “I love my daughter, but there’s a certain feeling, a certain emotion when you got a granddaughter, you know?”
— Bernie Mac.
4. “My granddaughter and I are inseparable. She keeps me wrapped around her little finger.”
— Gene Perret.
5. “What song is not about love? Whether it’s about love from man to woman or parent to child, or grandmother to granddaughter… It just goes on and on.”
— PJ Harvey.
6. “I have a daughter and I have granddaughters, and I will never vote to let a group of backward-looking ideologues cut women’s access to birth control. We have lived in that world, and we are not going back, not ever.”
— Elizabeth Warren.
7. “I live right in front of my daughter. I have a little house right in front of her because I can stay in touch... it’s very nice, because you can be close. I can see my granddaughter.”
— Debbie Reynolds.
8. “I find myself getting so upset because I was never able to be a good mother for my daughter or a good grandmother for my granddaughter because I was always so sick. I only hope that I can live long enough to see my granddaughter graduate.”
— Dorothy Moore.
9. “Being an exceptional grandfather is not about changing your grandkids. It is about changing yourself.”
— Eyre Richard.
10. “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word 'boo.'”
— Robert Brault
11. “Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent.”
12. “Though she be but little, she is fierce.”
– William Shakespeare.
Funny Quotes To Share With Granddaughters
A little humor can really strengthen the bond between granddaughters and grandparents. Why not share these funny granddaughter quotes with your loving grandchild? We promise these granddaughter quotes will receive a few laughs!
13. “I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather — not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.”
– Wil Shriner.
14. "If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I'd have had them first."
– Lois Wyse.
15. “Grandfathers know a lot. I know this because I am a grandfather and I feel like I know a lot of things, and frankly I’m rarely wrong.”
– Blaine Pardoe.
Warm Grandparents Quotes By Grandchildren And Grandparents
Grandparents always keep their granddaughters very close to their heart. These granddaughter and grandparent quotes are truly special. Including granddaughter quotes from Gene Perret and other key figures, which of these granddaughter quotes is your favorite?
16. “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you always. As long as I’m living, my grandbaby you’ll be.”
17. “My grandmother used to say, ‘Don’t make yourself too useful.’ She meant especially at home. Let your husband make the coffee, do laundry, or other household chores.”
— Hilary Harley.
18. “My granddaughter’s laughter is my favorite sound. The sound of her sleeping is a close second.”
19. “A grandmother is God’s gift to her granddaughters.”
20. “My grandmother would say, ‘Dear, there is nothing that you can say that will shock me.'”
— Catherine Lunn.
23. “Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.”
— Janet Lanese.
24. “That’s because people know how they would feel if the woman were her granddaughter, or mother, or her niece. ”
— Ann Stone.
25. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.”
— Erma Bombeck.
26. “I wasn’t happy with the schools they offered… I want my granddaughter to be in a school with a different learning environment.”
— Barbara King.
27.“Children are the lifeblood of life. Grandchildren are a pot of gold. ”
28.“I’ve been given this blessing, which is my granddaughter. You’re no longer just you. You suddenly fit into the chest of drawers of life.”
— Joanna Lumley.
29. “As I gazed in awe at my newborn granddaughter, all I could think about was the wonder of God’s handiwork.”
— Margaret Lang.
30."Granddaughter is God's way of reaching your heart with laughter, blessing your life with joy, and filling your world with love."
31.“I want my grandchildren to know love shouldn’t have borders of biology and that love has no bounds or limits. They should just love.”
— Scarlett Harris.
32.“For my own dear girls, my granddaughters, I would tell them to seek out work that you love doing. It will fill your soul.”
– Linda Landsman.
33. “My grandmother had a lot of wisdom, but her best was, ‘Never let them see you sweat. You can cry at home with loved ones, but always be tough on the outside.'”
— Kari Bentley-Quinn.
34. “My grandmother once told me, 'There is a special place in heaven for women, just because we’re women.'”
— Amanda Gale.
35. “My grandma used to say, ‘Be good… and if you can’t be good, be smart.’ It had many applications!”
— Dana Naparty Hirdt.
36. “My Grams used to tell me, ‘Be sure to marry a man that loves you more than you love him.'”
— Heather Mann.
37. “My grandmother used to say, ‘You’re only as old as you feel.'”
— Victoria Rae Baggett.
38. “My grandmother always told me, ‘There’s a lid for every pot, a mate for everyone.' I totally trusted her on that and it helped me find my own soulmate — I even wrote a few books on the topic!”
— Arielle Ford.
39.“To become a grandparent is to enjoy one of the few pleasures in life for which the consequences have already been paid.”
― Robert Brault
40.“They say genes skip generations. Maybe that is why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable.”
― Joan McIntosh.
41."Children are the rainbow of life. Grandchildren are the pot of gold."
― Irish Blessing.
42.“Granddaughter is a gift from above. The last one I love. ”
43."Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers."
― Proverbs 17:6 (ESV).
44.“Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for.”
― Jane Smiley.
45. "Perfect love sometimes does not come until grandchildren are born."
― Welsh Proverb.
46.“Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.”
― Lois Wyse.
47.“Grandchildren are loving reminders of what we’re really here for.”
― Janet Lanese
48.“Your parents may make fun of you, but it can make me feel younger and less like it! I hope you never lose your love of entertainment.
49."For our daughters and grandchildren now, the sky is the limit."
50. "Children are the rainbow of life. Grandchildren are a pot of gold."
51. “Two things I dislike about my granddaughter — when she won’t take her afternoon nap, and when she won’t let me take mine.”
– Gene Perret.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for granddaughter quotes, then why not take a look at these good evening quotes or lead by example quotes for more great quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.