A conversation is the best way to clear some clutter and even express your thoughts.
Often conversations are a spontaneous flow and that is what relaxes the mind. Chit chats are energetic and even mentally stimulating and provides normal pleasantries of life.
The conversation is a two-way process that comprises active listening and speaking. So, starting a good conversation is definitely an art; and knowing ways of how to initiate a conversation is definitely helpful in the long run. Here are quotes on how to start a conversation and make friends spread a word of inspiration. These good quotes about conversation impersonate a deep conversation or maybe a little chit chat which is both significant in their own ways.
If you love what you read, then check out clever quotes and [pep talks quotes].
Good Conversation Quotes
Here are some quotes about the good conversation that you would definitely resonate with.
1. "Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well."
- Mark Haddon.
2. "Sometimes I wish that I was the weather, you'd bring me up in conversation forever. And when it rained, I'd be the talk of the day."
- John Mayer, 'Sucker'.
3. "Silence is one of the great arts of conversation."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero.
4. "One good conversation can shift the direction of change forever."
- Linda Lam.
5. "Love without conversation is impossible."
- Mortimer Adler.
6. "I believe that words are strong, that they can overwhelm what we fear when fear seems more awful than life is good."
- Andrew Solomon, 'The Noonday Demon'.
7. "Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
- Oscar Wilde.
8. "A real conversation always contains an invitation. You are inviting another person to reveal herself or himself to you, to tell you who they are or what they want."
- David Whyte.
9. "We live in a technological universe in which we are always communicating. And yet we have sacrificed conversation for mere connection."
- Sherry Turkle.
10. "Body language is a very powerful tool. We had body language before we had speech, and apparently, 80% of what you understand in a conversation is read through the body, not the words."
- Deborah Bull.
11. "A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Deep Conversation Quotes
Deep conversations, that too the late-night conversations, refresh our thought process and hence, here are late-night conversation quotes to refresh your mind.
12. "Conversation is a catalyst for innovation."
- John Seely Brown.
13. "A conversation is so much more than words: a conversation is eyes, smiles, the silences between words."
- Annika Thor, 'A Faraway Island'.
14. "I love when conversation and energies just flow. Not forced, not coerced. Just present."
- Dav Voire.
15. "Conversation doesn’t have to lead to consensus about anything especially not values; it’s enough that it helps people get used to one another."
- Kwame Anthony Appiah, 'Cosmopolitanism'.
16. "As far as playing jazz, no other art form, other than conversation, can give the satisfaction of spontaneous interaction."
- Stan Getz.
17. "We created #BlackLivesMatter. We created a platform. We used our social media presence online in order to forward a conversation about what is taking place in black communities."
- Opal Tometi.
18. "Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation."
– Oscar Wilde.
19. "Good conversational debate is an end in itself, and talking for the love of conversation is what makes us human."
- Bryce Courtenay, 'The Power Of One'.
20. "I learned that a long walk and calm conversation are an incredible combination if you want to build a bridge."
- Seth Godin.
21. "Let the conversation flow at its own pace, don't try to rush it or control it. You need to let go and be part of the conversation."
- Max Weiss
Good Conversation Quotes
Let go of the bad and talk out the good with others to spread the word of goodness. Share these quotes with one another to inspire everyone around.
22. "The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest minds of past centuries."
- Rene Descartes.
23. "Our culture is all about shallow relationships. But that doesn't mean we should stop looking each other in the eye and having deep conversations."
- Francis Chan.
24. "I'm definitely a people person. I love socializing and being around people and having a good conversation."
- Emily Deschanel.
25. "Wit is the salt of conversation, not the food."
- William Hazlitt, 'Lectures On The English Comic Writers'.
26. "Writing in a journal reminds you of your goals and of your learning in life. It offers a place where you can hold a deliberate, thoughtful conversation with yourself."
- Robin S. Sharma.
27. "No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."
- Christopher Morley.
28. “Good conversations turn me on. A connection between two people, a mental one first.”
- Brian Molko
29. "A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet."
- Truman Capote
30. "The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
- Dorothy Nevill.
31. "Veterans report that service dogs help break their isolation. People will often avert their eyes when they see a wounded veteran. But when the veteran has a dog, the same people will come up and say, 'Hi' to pet the dog and then strike up a conversation."
- Al Franken.
Quotes On Conversation
A conversation may be energetic or even draining sometimes but these quotes will definitely add a spin of enthusiasm.
32. "The dialogue between client and architect is about as intimate as any conversation you can have, because when you're talking about building a house, you're talking about dreams."
- Robert A.M. Stern.
33. "There is no such thing as a worthless conversation, provided you know what to listen for. And questions are the breath of life for a conversation."
- James Nathan Miller.
34. "A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation."
- Mark Twain.
34. "I consider myself a religious person. God is something very personal with me and I don't flaunt religion in conversation with others."
- Richard Chamberlain.
35. "A human body is a conversation going on, both within the cells and between the cells, and they're telling each other to grow and to die; when you're sick, something's gone wrong with that."
- W. Daniel Hillis.
36. "My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company."
- Jane Austen, 'Persuasion'.
37. "The most influential of all educational factors is the conversation in a child's home."
- William Temple.
38. "Choose to have a conversation with people , rather than talking to people."
- D.J. Kyos.
39. "Prayer is simply a two-way conversation between you and God."
- Billy Graham.
40. "Conversation, like a television set on honeymoon... unnecessary."
- Peter Sellers, 'Murder By Death'.
41. "The best of life is conversation, and the greatest success is confidence, or perfect understanding between sincere people."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, 'The Conduct Of Life'.
42. "Whether in conversation we generally agree or disagree with others is largely a matter of habit."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
43. "God requires his people to shine as lights in the world. It is not merely the ministers who are required to do this, but every disciple of Christ. Their conversation should be heavenly."
- Ellen G. White.
Great Arts Of Conversation Quotes
A Conversation is an art that mends realities and heals real-life problems. Late-night conversations hit different, and so here is a collection of quotes that are quite insightful and are full of life.
44. "The art of conversation lies in listening."
- Malcolm Forbes.
45. "A person isn't who they are during the last conversation you had with them - they're who they've been throughout your whole relationship."
- Rainer Maria Rilke.
46. "Sometimes you have to disconnect to stay connected. Remember the old days when you had eye contact during a conversation? When everyone wasn't looking down at a device in their hands? We've become so focused on that tiny screen that we forget the big picture, the people right in front of us."
- Regina Brett.
47. "Night air, good conversation, and a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound."
- Beau Taplin.
48. "The right word at the right time will unlock the door of treasures- the wrong one will close it forever."
- Rasheed Ogunlaru, 'Soul Trader'.
49. "Good conversation is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
50. "It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much."
- Yogi Berra.
51. "Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters."
- Margaret Wheatley.
52. "Conversation should touch everything, but should concentrate itself on nothing."
- Oscar Wilde.
53. "Conversation isn't about proving a point; true conversation is about going on a journey with the people you are speaking with."
- Ricky Maye, 'An Emerging Spirituality'.
54. "In the best conversations, you don't even remember what you talked about, only how it felt. It felt like we were in some place your body can't visit, some place with no ceiling and no walls and no floor and no instruments."
- John Green, 'Turtles All the Way Down'.
55. "The art of conversation is the art of hearing as well as of being heard."
- William Hazlitt.
56. "Sometimes when it looks like I'm deep in thought I'm just trying not to have a conversation with people."
- Pete Wentz.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for conversation quotes then why not take a look at [coincidence quotes], or satire quotes?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.