Parents are known for providing unconditional love to their children.
As we grow, our parents are pillars of love and trust. They have raised us to be the people we are today.
The unconditional love that they have for their children is the most special thing about a parent, and what better way to celebrate these amazing people than with some beautiful parents quotes?
If you like these parents quotes, you can also check out these "I love you mom" quotes and [family first quotes] for more great quotes about the love of a parent.
Popular Parents Quotes For Kids
Here are some good parents quotes that you can share with your folks to make them smile. These quotes will show you exactly why you love your parents and might make you appreciate them even more.
1. “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.”
‒ Henry Ward Beecher.
2. “A parent's love is whole, no matter how many times divided.”
‒ Robert Breault.
3. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.”
‒ Ann Brashares, ‘Forever In Blue’.
4. “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.”
‒ Henry Ward Beecher.
5. “A father's goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother's goodness deeper than the sea.”
‒ Japanese proverb.
6. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.”
‒ Mitch Albom, ‘For One More Day’.
7. “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They're the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.”
‒ Kobe Bryant.
8. “Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.”
‒ Abraham Lincoln.
9. “A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking”
‒ Helen Rice.
10. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they're out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.”
‒ Chuck Palahniuk, ‘Invisible Monsters’.
11. “The debt of gratitude we owe our mother and father goes forward, not backward. What we owe our parents is the bill presented to us by our children.”
‒ Nancy Friday.
12. “So much is asked of parents, and so little is given.”
‒ Virginia Satir.
13. “From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot in front of the other.”
‒ Helen Hayes.
14. “There's nothing like your mother's sympathetic voice to make you want to burst into tears.”
‒ Sophie Kinsella.
15. “Parents are the bones on which children cut their teeth.”
‒ Peter Ustinov.
16. “Adore God. Reverence and cherish your parents.”
‒ Thomas Jefferson.
17. “Parents aren’t the people you come from. They’re the people you want to be, when you grow up.”
‒ Jodi Picoult.
18. “Parenthood… It’s about guiding the next generation, and forgiving the last.”
‒ Peter Krause.
19. “At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child's success is the positive involvement of parents.”
‒ Jane D. Hull.
20. “The thing about parenting rules is there aren’t any. That’s what makes it so difficult.”
‒ Ewan McGregor.
21. “My heroes are and were my parents. I can't see having anyone else as my heroes.”
Funny Quotes About Parents
Yes, parents are selfless, unconditional, and forgiving. But, along with that, our loving parents can also be funny.
22. “It's a sad moment, really, when parents first become a bit frightened of their children.”
‒ Ama Ata Aidoo, ‘Fragment From A Lost Diary And Other Stories’.
23. “Have you ever noticed how parents can go from the most wonderful people in the world to totally embarrassing in three seconds?”
‒ Rick Riordan.
24. “Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.”
‒ David Frost.
25. “The parents age must be remembered, both for joy and anxiety.”
26. “It's a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.”
‒ Roald Dahl, ‘Matilda’.
27. “The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children.”
‒ Edward VIII.
28. “Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.”
‒ Oscar Wilde.
29. “Having children is like living in a frat house - nobody sleeps, everything's broken, and there's a lot of throwing up.”
‒ Ray Romano.
30. “Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and quiet.”
‒ Bill Cosby.
31. “The nature of parents is to embarrass merely by existing, just as it is the nature of children of a certain age to cringe with embarrassment, shame, and mortification should their parents so much as speak to them on the street.”
‒ Neil Gaiman, ‘Anansi Boys’.
32. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?”
‒ Milton Berle.
33. “I think when you become a parent you go from being a star in the movie of your own life to the supporting player in the movie of someone else's.”
‒ Craig Ferguson, 'American On Purpose'.
34. “Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.”
‒ Phyllis Diller.
35. “Parents had some kind of sin radar, Claire thought. They always called when you were in the middle of something you just knew they'd consider wrong.”
‒ Rachel Caine, ‘Midnight Alley’.
36. “I thought I’d never be that annoying person, but as soon as Winnie was born, I was showing iPhone snaps to a cab driver.”
‒ Jimmy Fallon.
Bible Quotes About Parents And How To Treat Your Parents
The Bible provides a lot of wisdom about living our lives. So, unsurprisingly, it also has lots of quotes about how you treat your parents that will make you appreciate and love your parents. Here are some of the parents' quotes that will let you feel the truly selfless unconditional love of a parent.
37. “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.”
‒ Exodus 20:12.
38. “Every one of you shall reverence his mother and his father…”
‒ Leviticus 19:3.
39. “He who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.”
- Exodus 21:15.
40. “Listen to your father who begot you, And do not despise your mother when she is old.”
‒ Proverbs 23:22.
41. “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.”
‒ Ephesians 6:1-3.
42. “Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”
‒ Timothy 5:8.
43. “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?”
‒ Isaiah 49:15-16.
44. “The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.”
‒ Proverbs 23:24.
45. “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
‒ Colossians 3:13.
46. “A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish man despises his mother.”
‒ Proverbs 15:20.
Exceptional Parents Quotes To Appreciate Your Parents
Your folks have always showered you with parental love, be it mother's love or father's love. Now it is time for you to treat them with love. Here are some great parents quotes that will make your parents smile. If you want to tell your parents that "what I am today is because of you", these are the perfect quotes.
47. “It is not until much later, as the skin sags and the heart weakens, that children understand; their stories, and all their accomplishments, sit atop the stories of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones, beneath the waters of their lives.”
‒ Mitch Albom, ‘The Five People You Meet In Heaven’.
48. “A mother will birth her baby once, but she will spend a lifetime birthing a person.”
‒ Craig D. Lounsbrough.
49. “No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.”
‒ Brad Meltzer.
50. “My parents taught me service – not by saying, but by doing. That was my culture, the culture of my family.”
‒ Alice Walker.
51. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.”
‒ Erich Fromm.
52. “The only time you truly become an adult is when you finally forgive your parents for being just as flawed as everyone else.”
‒ Douglas Kennedy.
53. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.”
‒ Jodi Picoult.
54. “There’s no such thing as a supermom. We just do the best we can.”
‒ Sarah Michelle Gellar.
55. “Being a parent wasn't just about bearing a child. It was about bearing witness to its life.”
‒ Jodi Picoult.
56. “I would define a leader as a person who puts the welfare of the group above himself. It’s the same thing with fathers.”
‒ Ethan Thomas, ‘Fatherhood’.
57. “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments when they aren’t trying to teach us.”
‒ Umberto Eco.
58. “There is an expiry date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction; the moment you are old enough to take the wheel, responsibility lies with you.”
‒ J. K. Rowling.
59. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.”
‒ George Eliot.
60. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.”
‒ Mathew Jacobson.
61. “Parents shouldn't leave their kids unless —unless they've got to.”
‒ J.K. Rowling.
62. “The joys of parents are secret, and so are their grieves and fears: they cannot utter the one, nor will they utter the other.”
‒ Francis Bacon, ‘Of Parents And Children’.
63. "The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder."
- Jim Morrison.
64. "As your kids grow they may forget what you said, but they won't forget how you made them feel."
- Kevin Heath.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for parents quotes then why not take a look at these Godmother quotes or sibling quotes too for more quotes about family and parental love?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.