The secret of good hair lies in your genes, your hairstylist, and a good salon.
What’s a woman’s most prized possession of her body? Hair, of course!
Funny, serious, inspirational hair quotes by movie stars, singers, and other well-known personalities show what they think about their hair. The list of quotes about hair will give you an insight into what people think about new haircuts, gray hair, stylists, hair color, and salons. Hair quotes are inspirational, fun to read and you can even pick captions for your Instagram feed.
Read on to find the best quotes for hairdressers, new hair posts, and embracing gray hair. You'll find plenty of short hair quotes, messy hair quotes, long hair quotes, black hair quotes, big hair quotes, and red hair quotes.
If these hair quotes and sayings help you lift your mood and look forward to your next good hair day, why not make it better still with some more quotes like when it rains it pours quotes and wild quotes.
Inspirational Gray Hair Quotes
Every man and woman get gray with age or are they just ‘wisdom highlights’? If a woman thinks it’s elegant, she keeps them, and for those who don’t, they make their own decision. These inspirational gray hair quotes will help you choose which quotes about hair you relate to most. Read on for blonde hair quotes and cutting hair quotes.
1. “I'm enjoying the aging process and the gray hair and the wrinkles.”
- Chris Pine.
2. “Women who make the choice to have gray hair - I think that's beautiful.”
- Andie MacDowell.
3. “Gray hair is God's graffiti.”
4. “Grey is my hair color. I really can't see why I should change it.”
- Mary Beard.
5. “No rival will steal away my sure love; that glory will be my gray hair.”
6. “It is really interesting to change your hair color after being blond your entire life.”
- Ross Lynch.
7. “For guys, growing older is fine. Gray hair and wrinkles aren't considered a bad thing.”
- Nigel Barker.
8. “I love to see old women. I love wrinkles. I love gray hair.”
- Alber Elbaz.
9. “I never dye my own hair, I don't know if I could get every spot, and I have a good bit of grey.”
- Andie MacDowell.
10. “The best anti-aging product is a great, natural-looking hair color, especially when you're graying.”
- Bobbi Brown.
11. “If they ever do my life story, whoever plays me needs lots of hair color and high heels.”
- Charlize Theron.
Instagram Captions For New Haircuts
You need new hair quotes to go with every new look! Quotes about hair are not always inspirational, but they may give a woman just the words she’s looking for.
12. “A good stylist is cheaper than a therapist.”
13. “You're only as good as your last haircut.”
- Fran Lebowitz.
14. "One of the most important things about looking youthful is to have a modern haircut.”
- Evelyn Lauder.
15. “I'd say that every haircut I've had has been a bad haircut.”
- Joe Keery.
16. “A halfway decent haircut will go a long way!”
17. “I'm the star of the show. I should have a decent haircut.”
- David James Elliott.
18. “I've tried to have a regular haircut, but it just pops back up again, so this is the way it's going to be.”
- Rod Stewart.
19. "I had short hair for a while, but I ended up loving it.”
- Tatyana Ali.
20. “I always have a new haircut.”
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce.
21. “Having a bad haircut can be quite traumatic!”
- Rachel Stevens.
22. “Justin Bieber stole my haircut. And Axl Rose stole my dance!”
- Davy Jones.
23. "I have very short hair. It's the only cute haircut I think I've ever had."
- Jamie Lee Curtis.
24. “A lady's hair is her crowning glory.”
― Jeannette Walls.
25. “If you want a new look, get a new hairstyle.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita.
26. "Curly hair is not just a hairstyle: it's kind of a lifestyle. There is something really free and careless about it and loose and kind of naughty. I love it."
- Inbar Lavi.
27. “A change in hairstyle gives a new look.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita.
28. “Beautiful updos with natural hair are great!”
29. "I've had long hair, I've had short hair, and I've had in between hair... and it’s all good."
- Morena Baccarin.
30. “The short hair fits my personality more. I think maybe, with long hair, it was a role - I was playing dress-up a bit.”
- Natalie Maines.
31. “Everything goes with short hair...”
- Ginnifer Goodwin.
Hair Quotes For Every Color
Not every woman likes black, blond, or natural hair! There’s always a special hair color that suits a woman’s face the best! These hair quotes are for every woman who is not afraid to color her hair or go with what’s natural!
32. “Whatever hair color I have on my head, that’s what decides what kind of outfit I’m going to wear. Not everything goes with your hair color.”
- Cardi B.
33. “You know you’ve made it when you can dye your hair blue.”
- Demi Lovato.
34. “I respect a lot the players: their hair and their hair color.”
- Unai Emery.
35. “I cut my hair myself and color it. I know everybody in the hairdressing business despairs of me, but it’s so much easier...”
- Joanna Lumley.
36. “My real hair color is kind of a dark blonde. Now I just have mood hair.”
- Julia Roberts.
37. “Red hair in my opinion sir, is dangerous.”
– P.G. Woodhouse.
38. “I have a chameleon quality and I'm able to transform completely to different looks from different decades, depending on the hair color or make-up change.”
- Lydia Hearst.
39. “I used to experiment all the time with my hair color.”
- Olivia Wilde.
40. "I color my hair mousy brown and I wear makeup only on stage."
- Jane Birkin.
41. “I'm a vegetarian and change my hair color as much as I can.”
- Hannah Marks.
42. “Hair color is just an expression of something different that you want to have, or something creative.”
- Tina Knowles.
43. “I never really dyed my hair anything significant from my natural hair color.”
- Bryce Dallas Howard.
44. “Sadly, I'm not a natural redhead. But, I prefer my red hair to my blonde hair.”
- Amybeth McNulty.
45. “It doesn't matter if your life is perfect as long as your hair color is.”
– Stacy Snapp Killian.
Funny Hair Quotes
Do you need some funny hair quotes to keep you cheered up on those bad hair days? These hilarious hair quotes are some of the best from the list of all hair quotes.
46. “Everybody has a bad hair day, but us girls still like to be told we look nice even if we don't feel like we do.”
– Cat Deeley.
47. “Everyone has a bad hair day; the trick is not to have one on picture day.”
- Mark R. Woodward.
48. “Of course I have bad hair days; I’m human.”
– Ryan Lochte.
49. “It's hard to have a bad hair day when you're famous.”
- Marion Jones.
50. “Regrets are the natural property of grey hairs.”
- Charles Dickens.
51. “Messy hair, uncombed, gel-free, un-styled and perfectly imperfect.”
― Jasinda Wilder.
52. "If I want to knock a story off the front page, I just change my hairstyle."
- Hillary Clinton.
53. "It's really empowering to have curly hair."
54. “I love paying people to touch me. Nail techs, hair stylists, dermatologists, make-up artists, osteopaths: you name it, I love it.”
- Katherine Ryan.
55. "The Beatles set the rules. And the rules were: now just because we have long hair doesn't mean that we're rebellious.”
- Davy Jones.
56. “…I guess I'm just more realistic in a corset and funny hairstyles.”
- Katie McGrath.
57. “In terms of its endorphin-boosting potential, a good hair day is on par with a good workout.”
- Kayleen Schaefer.
58. "Every hairstyle I have is funny because my barber is a standup comedian…”
- Joe Lycett.
Inspirational Hair Quotes About Hair, Stylists, And Salon
Every woman who is fond of experimenting with their hair agrees about the importance of a salon and stylist. Some related hair quotes would keep them inspired. These hair quotes are dedicated to the hair artists and their skills.
59. “Good hairstylists never die. Vidal Sassoon and Paul Mitchell will always live on.”
- John Paul DeJoria.
60. “A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.”
- Coco Chanel.
61. "My hair stylist taught me a trick for my hair."
- Sara Bareillest.
62. “Vidal Sassoon was the most famous hairstylist in the history of the world.”
-John Paul DeJoria.
63. “I love going to the hair salon. I'm Spanish. I think it's more of a Latina thing to go to the hair salon.”
- Paz de la Huerta.
64. “I don't know why, but women in a hair salon share their deepest secrets.”
- Penelope Cruz.
65. “Hair is a beautiful form of self-expression.”
- Carolyn Aronson.
66. "I think having naturally beautiful skin and hair and just glowing from within, that's my idea of beautiful."
- Kirti Kulhari.
67. “When a woman isn't beautiful, people always say, 'You have lovely eyes, you have lovely hair.”
- Anton Chekhov.
68. “I have great hair because I take a lot of vitamins.”
- Rosie Perez.
69. “There is nothing better than leaving a salon with freshly cut hair, swishing it about proudly all the way home.”
- Lady Amelia Windsor.
70. “When I was a kid I had this funny blonde hair and everyone called me 'Chick' because I looked like Tweety Bird.”
- Nicky Hilton.
71. “What is good hair? It can be anything to anyone.”
- Isaiah Mustafa.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for hair quotes and captions for new cuts, colors and embracing your grays, then why not take a look at anything is possible quotes, or teen life quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.