Halloween is a time of the year that everyone enjoys - but not more than fans of the horror genre.
We have compiled a list of 75 horror movies trivia questions and answers for adults and for children that are sure to make your evening spooktacular! Halloween movies are usually horror films that fit the occasion - since the festival is all about spooky ghosts and costumes, the over-the-top characters and terrifying and dark aesthetics of Halloween movies add to the atmosphere of any Halloween party. We also have some Halloween horror movie trivia questions and answers for the children's Halloween movies for the age group that you've got in your watching party.
Vintage Horror Movie Trivia Questions
Here are some scary movie trivia questions and answers for the hardcore fans of horror. Let's see if you can get these Halloween movies trivia questions and answers right!
1. Question: What set the serial killer in the iconic movie 'Friday the 13th' apart?
Answer: The serial killer in the movie 'Friday the 13th' is a mother.
2. Question: Give one example of a vintage slasher flick.
Answer: 'Friday the 13th', 'Psycho', 'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre'.
3. Question: Which iconic monster movie claims to be the most successful horror franchise in history?
4. Question: Which monochrome 3D monster flick had a creature that was played by a man and shot entirely underwater?
Answer: 'Creature from Black Lagoon' (1954)
5. Question: Which vintage horror movie got 10 Academy Award Nominations?
Answer: 'The Exorcist (1974)'
90s Horror Movie Trivia
A die-hard fan of the 90s horror film era? Here are some scary movie trivia challenge answers from the 90s. Let's see if you are a true horror films trivia quiz master!
6. Question: Who played Jonathan Harker in Francis Ford Coppola's version of Dracula?
Answer: Keanu Reeves.
7. Question: Which 90s horror movie won three Academy Awards?
Answer: 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' (1992) directed by Francis Ford Coppola
8. Question: Which horror film character wields a gloved with razors for fingers?
Answer: Freddie Krueger from 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'
9. Question: Which iconic scary movie had Johnny Depp's film debut?
Answer: 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' (1984)
10. Question: Which ancient city houses the mummy in the iconic horror movie 'The Mummy' (1999)?
11. Question: This movie was based on Anne Rice's famous novel and had a stellar cast that included names like Brad Pitt, Antonio Banderas, and Tom Cruise. Which movie is this?
Answer: 'Interview With The Vampire' (1994)
12. Question: The iconic movie 'The Silence of the Lambs' introduced this iconic character who would go on to feature in countless TV shows and movies. Who is the character?
Answer: Hannibal Lecter.
13. Question: Who plays the role of Hannibal Lecter in the modern TV adaptation of the classic horror film?
Answer: Mads Mikkelsen
14. Question: How many 'Nightmare On Elm Street' movies have come out to date?
Answer: The franchise boasts of a whopping nine films!
15. Question: Where does the story of 'Scream 2' take place?
Answer: 'Scream 2' takes place on a university campus.
16. Questions: Which horror movie had Kirsten Dunst play a young vampire?
Answer: 'Interview with a Vampire'
17. Question: Which 90s movie features creepy-crawlies taking over a small town in California?
18. Question: Which iconic scary movie features Quentin Tarantino and George Clooney as murderous brothers?
Answer: 'From Dusk till Dawn'
19. Question: Which movie finds a private investigator summoning Beelzebub himself?
Answer: 'The Ninth Gate'
20. Question: Which anime movie has found its permanent place in every horror movies trivia list ever with its haunting visuals?
Answer: 'The Perfect Blue'
21. Question: Which horror movie was shot entirely on a video camera like a documentary?
Answer: 'The Blair Witch Project'
22. Question: Which Tim Burton movie features the headless horseman?
Answer: 'The Sleepy Hollow'
23. Question: Which Martin Scorsese movie features Robert De Niro as a criminal madman?
Answer: 'Cape Fear'
24. Question: Which Japanese Horror Flick inspired its blockbuster Hollywood counterpart and is irreplaceable in any horror movies questions list?
25. Question: What color palette does 'The Ring' predominantly follow?
Answer: Blues, grays, and greens.
Disney Halloween Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Here are a few kids' Halloween movie trivia questions! This horror movie trivia is completely kid friendly!
26. Question: Which Disney movie was banned in Denmark?
Answer: 'The Skeleton Dance' (1929)
27. Question: Which live-action Disney movie got a remake starring Dwayne Johnson?
Answer: 'Escape to Witch Mountain' (1975)
28. Questions: Which Disney horror flick is set in space and is reminiscent of Star Wars?
Answer: 'The Black Hole' (1979)
29. Questions: Which horror movie featured Sarah Jessica Parker as a witch?
Answer: 'Hocus Pocus' (1993)
30. Questions: Which horror flick features a Mickey Mouse gone mad?
Answer: 'Runaway Brain'
31. Questions: Which famous pirate franchise comes under Disney Studio?
Answer: 'The Pirates of the Caribbean'
32. Question: Which children's movie released by Disney has been joked about bordering on existential horror?
33. Question: Which Disney flick has a soundtrack that was highly experimental?
34. Question: Which high fantasy horror flick did Disney coproduce?
35. Question: Which Disney horror movie was written by Ray Bradbury?
Answer: 'Something Wicked this Way Comes' (1983)
36: Question: Which Tim Burton Disney movie features dogs as the main characters?
37. Question: Which Tim Burton short had to be released in VHS?
38. Question: Which animated horror Disney movie has a PG-rating?
Answer: "The Black Cauldron" (1985)
39. Question: This iconic sequel borders on the horror-thriller genre.
Answer: 'The Return of Oz'
40. Question: Which animated Disney flick is inspired by the legend of Sleepy Hollow?
Answer: 'The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad'
Scary Movies Trivia About Book Adaptations
Here are a few Halloween movie trivia questions and answers from some of the scariest Halloween movies of all time.
41. Question: Which horror author has the most adaptations made from his bestselling books?
Answer: Stephen King
43. Question: Which movie features Pennywise the Clown?
44. Question: Who plays Pennywise in the latest adaptation of 'It'?
Answer: Bill Skarsgard
45. Question: Which haunted house story was adapted to a blockbuster Netflix series?
Answer: 'The Haunting of Hill House'
45. Question: Who pioneered the horror science fiction genre?
Answer: Mary Shelley
46. Question: Who is Frankenstein?
Answer: Frankenstein is the doctor who sews together body parts to make a monster in Mary Shelley's novel.
47. Question: Which actor plays the protagonist in the movie 'The Woman in Black'?
Answer: Daniel Radcliffe
48. Question: Which book features a climax where the protagonist is covered in pig's blood?
49. Question: Who wrote the book 'American Psycho'?
Answer: Bret Easton Ellis
50. Question: Which is the most famous Kubrick-Stephen King collaboration?
Answer: 'The Shining'
Scariest Characters in Horror Movies
Here are some Halloween movies trivia question about the scariest characters in horror movies.
51. Question: Which character portrayed by Johnny Depp is a barber who kills all his clients?
Answer: Sweeney Todd.
52. Question: Which reimagining of Dracula features a romance between Mina and the Count?
Answer: 'Count Dracula'
53. Question: Which movie features a princess who has to go down a hole in the tree to find a disgusting creature with its eyes in his hands?
Answer: 'Pan's Labyrinth'.
54. Question: Which movie features a teenage girl with superpowers who ultimately ends up becoming a villain?
55. Question: What is the real name of the antagonist in "A Nightmare on Elm Street"?
Answer: Freddy Kreuger.
56. Question: Who plays Hannibal Lecter in its first and most horrifying film depiction?
Answer: Anthony Hopkins.
57. Question: Who plays the Devil in 'The Witches of Eastwick'?
Answer: Jack Nicholson
58. Question: What is the name of the iconic screaming masked person in 'The Scream'?
59. Question: Which terrifying fish has inspired numerous monster flicks?
Answer: The Piranha
60. Question: Which alien movie features a stunningly beautiful alien?
61. Question: Which movie features a child who can see dead people?
Answer: 'The Sixth Sense'.
62. Question: Who plays the murderous robot from the future in 'The Terminator'?
Answer: Arnold Schwarzenegger.
63. Question: What is the name of the scary clown from the Stephen King Franchise 'It'?
64. Question: Which slasher flick character is terrified of water, because he died by drowning?
Answer: Jason Voorhees.
65. Question: This Spanish horror movie features a schoolgirl who messes around with Ouija Boards.
66. Question: This Spanish horror flick features a comatose mother who refuses to die.
Answer: 'The Influence'
67. Question: This movie features a member of the clergy who turns over to the dark side.
Answer: 'The Nun'
68. Question: This comedy horror flick features Samara Weaving as a cult-leader.
Answer: 'The Babysitter'.
69. Question: What does the girl from 'The Ring' whisper on the phone?
Answer: "7 Days"
70. Question: This supermodel finds her life threatened in 'The Scream 2'.
Answer: Portia De Rossi
71. Question: Scarlett Johansson plays a predatory alien in this flick.
Answer: "Under the Skin"
72. Question: What is the name of the girl from the Japanese Ringu movies?
Answer: Sadako Yamamura.
73. Question: Which movie franchise features a haunted baby doll other than Chuckie?
74. Which flick was shot partly through CCTV cameras?
Answer: 'Paranormal Activity'
75. What is the name of the invisible man in the film adaptation of H G Wells' novel 'The Invisible Man'?
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Halloween movie trivia, then why not take a look at scary movies trivia or 80s movie trivia.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.